@Riot if you're going to have a tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurePhoenix2013

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai047 View Post
Reform card please, if you can't, your post means nothing.
Seems the TL; DR was too big for you even. Read the OP then edit.

PurePhoenix2013

02-03-2013

Must admit, i expected more people to support this idea than i see here...

Does anyone have some criticism to offer?

PurePhoenix2013

02-04-2013

Wait so people are going to just ignore this? Going to ignore how broken the tribunal is currently and do nothing about it?

Not even the usual trolls bothering? Wow.
GD be mostly in denial it seems.

DominatorV4

02-04-2013

Phoenix people ignore this because we are all used to you qqing about stuff and have learned to get used to it.

PurePhoenix2013

02-04-2013

Grats, you refer to maybe 3 people. Rest are permabanned for trolling.

Sonnington

02-04-2013

Although Phoenix is being overly dramatic. It would be nice to have pre and post game chat in the report. Along with all the stats regarded on the score screen, not just k/d build.

Along with a replay would be beautiful. I don't understand why there's no first party replay feature. Especially since you can rewind when you spectate a game. Hard drive space is ridiculously cheap, and web hosting is also pretty cheap.

PurePhoenix2013

02-05-2013

How can you say that?

Riot LET ME troll and grief over 3 accounts for 3 years. Personally i wouldn't call it that, but you know how tribunal is. People must flick a switch inside them before they visit leagueoflegends.com/tribunal that makes them overly sensitive or something. Many of the times my test accounts got banned, it was for warning people that they're breaking the rules and that i'd be reporting them. Last time i checked, being vigilant / upholding the rules isn't a "Negative Attitude", it's just policing.

Banning me for it (Repeatedly, mind you) just goes to show the Tribunal doesn't care what is right or in the best interests of the community in the slightest. All they care about is banning everyone they can.

To say i'm being "Overly dramatic" for pointing it out is a sheer cop-out.

Tunud

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePhoenix2013 View Post
Can you at least use it as a preventative? I've been conducting a social experiment to see how hard it is exactly to get yourself banned from this game. It's ridiculously hard, you have to be super obvious and even then, you get about a years' worth of play out of every account.

In fact, my second account was only permabanned within the first year because it was caught in this official cleanup;
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...311793#9311793

TL; DR Tribunal doesn't work in the slightest and I have 3 years League experience to prove it.

As it stands, Tribunal requires dozens, frequently even hundreds of reports before a Tribunal case is made. Warnings are handed out, then bans if people don't reform their behaviour.

There's a big problem with this;
That still gives trolls, intentional feeders etc several hundred matches to ruin before they are permanently banned.

And then they usually just create a new account.

The worst part is, there's no game pre-game chat, replays viewable or melt-down of the players' movements. This enables people to run off on their own and feed solo all game and be completely unbannable as long as they say they're trying in chat. As long as they deny that they're intentional feeding and just having a "bad game" YOUR poilicies state you must click Pardon.

Nevermind the fact that they don't even have to feed; They can just avoid team fights and guarantee their team loses 4 vs 5. As long as they don't openly admit to feeding or ruining the game, they're "innocent".

Furthermore, people are smarter than the tribunal. It has giant loop holes where a player can intentionally lose games yet be ENTIRELY impervious to Tribunal.

1. Giving away freebies;
The most common form of this you'll see, is somebody pretending to play passively. Watch replays however and they are instead simply backing off at the last second, refusing to secure a kill or save a team mate.

The second most common is giving away towers by recalling when your lane is pushed. I've seen this even in ranked when the person recalling is full hp. There's no legitimate reason for it, gold count is still too low to buy, health is higher than his enemies, skills are off cooldown etc. Not one scenario you can think of that justifies a recall is present, yet they still do it.

2. Refusing to defend in general.
This is very common. It's pretty noticeable when someone leaves the dais and comes to join a team fight while ignoring "That split pushing yi/shaco who's 3 meters away from a turret".

3. Intentional feeding.

This is much more common than you think. People repeatedly try to win battles where numbers are just in the enemies' favour. This really happens alot at level 30 and people try to shrug it off as "Oh he's just bad"....

As if you can't have learnt by Primary School that 2 is greater than 1.

I'd like to see Tribunal changed. After somebody is warned, they should be flagged for surveillance. If they spend multiple games away from their team and effectively lose 4vs5, the system should be automated to report them itself. Same with language filtering, there's already a server-side filter so why can't it be modified to report the people who cuss?

I know you created the tribunal to "Give players more control over what should constitute a ban", but it's broken. More threads rock up in GD every week about unjustified bans. "Justice" should never punish the innocent. In fact it can't because once it does, it ceases to be Justice and is instead plain Oppression.

That's right, i'm saying in it's current state, the Tribunal OPPRESSES the masses. It's gotten so bad that people can't say or DO anything without getting banned.

You promised us that the Tribunal would fix things, yet they've gotten worse. You promised that Riot staff review each ban, but clearly they don't otherwise innocent people wouldn't get banned. You promised that people with clean reform cards really did committ offences and they just didn't show on the reform card. You promised that reform cards didn't always show what material the punishers saw in the Tribunal.

Now it's time to prove you're keeping your promises.
Alright im really confused,, you say its takes lots of effort to get banned, but the tribunal oppresses and bans innocent players?

PurePhoenix2013

02-05-2013

Oh i never said that people were "innocent".

As far as Tribunal goers are concerned, there's no such thing as "Innocent".
Lyte was saying just this month that only 12% of cases are pardoned.

mi ramfan

02-05-2013

First you say people should be punished for not grouping with their team, then you say that recalling when your lane is pushed is trolling, and then guess what you say?

Too many people are unjustly punished.

Have a nice day.