Riot Staff: Am I supposed to waste 20 mins playing this?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Vagabob

02-02-2013

Worst instance of trolling I've seen in weeks. Just took place in a ranked lobby (~ silver tier). Screenshot at the end of my post.

First and second picks called Jungle and Top, then chose appropriately. Last pick called mid and nobody objected.

I asked the remaining player (Troll) whether they preferred ADC or Sup, and they said ADC.

I asked the troll whether they'd rather I played Taric or Alistar. They said Taric.

Everything looked beautiful... then suddenly the troll selects Alistar. This is followed by several 'wtfs'. "I go alistar, you go taric"

Hoping that there'd just been some miscommunication, I select Kog Maw to adc.

Troll waits until last second of picking time, then locks Teemo.

Then selects smite/revive.

At this point, mid decides to troll too and changes to smite/revive.

Riot: I intentionally dodged this game. If you think I deserve to be punished then please go ahead and ban my account because I'm sick of trolls like this getting away.

If you think I'm in the right, please ban these trolls. Upvote/bump thread if you're sick of this s--t as well.

Currently there is absolutely no mechanic in this game to punish trolls like this, unless I go ahead and waste a game, lose LP, only to report them at the end and hope that the tribunal eventually gets around to banning them 2 months later.

This isnt about me, or these particular trolls. This is about a broken system that allows pre-game trolling that needs to be addressed by Riot.

Screenshot

*******http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9330/trollsw.jpg********

<<< Edit: Response from Riot support: >>>

Quote:
I am very sorry you had this experience. This report has been documented. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose any disciplinary actions that may be taken due to privacy reasons.

Thank you for your patience and for taking time out of your day to send us this report. It is our goal to continue working towards making experiences on the Fields of Justice fair and fun for all Summoners!

Please let me know if you have any additional feedback or concerns.
No idea how there could be any 'privacy reasons' attached to summoner names, but hey.

If someone has heard Riot state that they are considering any changes to PVP.net or lobby formation to address the underlying issue, please post in this thread. Otherwise we need to continue to bump to get their attention because it seems like they're not motivated enough.

<<< Editx2: RE: GHOST/IGNITE >>>

Quite a few people can't help themselves from pointing out that I had ghost/ignite. This is because I didn't know what role/champ I was playing and hadn't changed them yet (and was Singed last game).

I earnt my green ribbon by being a team player and I never join a ranked lobby by calling a position and demanding that I play a certain champ, so changing spells etc is the last thing I do. Not to mention the fact that I select spells, runes & masteries based on the composition of my team and enemy team which is only finalised at the end.

The moment I selected Kog maw, the troll selected Teemo and I knew I was going to dodge so I didnt bother changing my summoner spells. Note 18 seconds remaining lobby time where I would have changed spells/masteries/runes had the game not already been ruined.

You are not smart or insightful for pointing out Ghost/Ignite, you're missing the point and your posts are of no value to the discussion.

<<< Edit x3 Pasting my suggestion in first post: >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vagabob View Post
My suggestion ...

Since max pre-made is only duo, in ranked games why not let 3 people on the same team vote to cancel the current game.

That way theres always protection against trolls.

Each cancellation should be automatically be logged with complete pre-game chat (just like the way 'reports' are logged) and players can be warned for cancelling games for frivolous reasons. The logs can be used to punish trolls.

Set up an alternative tribunal for level 30 reviewers only to review cases and discern whether games were cancelled on genuine grounds (e.g. someone clearly trolling).

Obviously this is only important in ranked games and especially the lower leagues so the volume of logs should be far less than standard tribunal.

Just offering an idea since I hate it when others complain but don't give suggestions.
I would rather be 'kicked from a game' or 'have a game cancelled' by trolls than lose LP dealing with this s--t.

Imagine if trolls did just cancel games all the time. Big deal.. Re-queue. No problem.
Nowhere near as bad as losing LP or wasting 20 minutes.

If we are worried about cancel vote abuse, make a max limit for players initiating a cancel vote per 24 hours. If everyone were allowed to start even just one cancel vote per day, then between 3 genuine players in a lobby that's a lot more protection than we get now.

<<< EDIT 4: MAD UPDATE!! >>>

I got bored and decided to reply to my Riot support ticket.

1) Aren''t privacy concerns redundant when we are all using anonymous summoner names in the first place?

2) You say its your goal to improve experiences in the game. Does that imply that you are currently working on something to address pre-game trolling specifically, or is that just a generic response?

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I will be more than happy to address your questions and I hope this reply gets you well.

1. It has been part of our policy ever since. Yes it is anonymous, but it is owned by someone and respect everyone's privacy.

2. We always make improvements to our tribunal system and we don’t want to release an unfinished product. Sorry I couldn’t provide more information on this question. Please keep an eye on our news section for further details further changes.
Another 'nothing' answer, this time complete with horrendous grammar. Actually forget the grammar, the responses are downright incoherent.

Good to know things are progressing well.

AHeroNamedHawke1

02-02-2013

Honestly Id say something about not calling people out but I hate those people

There needs to be a report function pre game and no dodge penalty (as in LP loss)

Silva Neilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Bump for justice

silverfalcon07

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva neilo View Post
bump for justice
it was you

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Riot's solution is simple: you take it up the ass and you enjoy it.

Trolls win - simple as that. Riot has failed us before and will continue to fail us. They won't give us some simple functions like votekick at champion select because of fears of "abuse". What about the abuse that trolls subject your legitimate customers to every single day?

Lord Vagabob

02-03-2013

My suggestion ...

Since max pre-made is only duo, in ranked games why not let 3 people on the same team vote to cancel the current game.

That way theres always protection against trolls.

Each cancellation should be automatically be logged with complete pre-game chat (just like the way 'reports' are logged) and players can be warned for cancelling games for frivolous reasons. The logs can be used to punish trolls.

Set up an alternative tribunal for level 30 reviewers only to review cases and discern whether games were cancelled on genuine grounds (e.g. someone clearly trolling).

Obviously this is only important in ranked games and especially the lower leagues so the volume of logs should be far less than standard tribunal.

Just offering an idea since I hate it when others complain but don't give suggestions.

Mattarias

02-03-2013

You can file a report through the support page, I believe. Submit the SS there. GL, HF. I love seeing trolls get what they deserve. And no, you don't deserve to be punished.

Lord Vagabob

02-03-2013

That's a good suggestion, I will submit a report and link to this thread as well.

PhreaksDildo

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vagabob View Post
Worst instance of trolling I've seen in weeks. Just took place in a ranked lobby (~ silver tier). Screenshot at the end of my post.

First and second picks called Jungle and Top, then chose appropriately. Last pick called mid and nobody objected.

I asked the remaining player (Troll) whether they preferred ADC or Sup, and they said ADC.

I asked the troll whether they'd rather I played Taric or Alistar. They said Taric.

Everything looked beautiful... then suddenly the troll selects Alistar. This is followed by several 'wtfs'. "I go alistar, you go taric"

Hoping that there'd just been some miscommunication, I select Kog Maw to adc.

Troll waits until last second of picking time, then locks Teemo.

Then selects smite/revive.

At this point, mid decides to troll too and changes to smite/revive.

Riot: I intentionally dodged this game. If you think I deserve to be punished then please go ahead and ban my account because I'm sick of trolls like this getting away.

If you think I'm in the right, please ban these trolls. Upvote/bump thread if you're sick of this s--t as well.

Currently there is absolutely no mechanic in this game to punish trolls like this, unless I go ahead and waste a game, lose LP, only to report them at the end and hope that the tribunal eventually gets around to banning them 2 months later.

Screenshot

*******http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9330/trollsw.jpg********
Do not fret i lost 3 of my games first day to drop from Silver I to Silver II because of auto lock Rammus leaver, the jungle Renekton that pulls off no ganks... My all time favourite was the infamous ADC twitch top that sat in lane and never team fought

Typhnox

02-03-2013

Why do you have his classic skin selected if you own his legendary skin?:l

12345 ... 8