League Group Toxicity Segregation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestHamCannonNA

02-02-2013

So each league group contains 250 people. After reading some posts about the incessant trolling and griefing that is happening with the ranked system, new and old, i got this idea.

Every lvl 30 profile gets a certain number of tickets at the start of their ranked career. Every month or so they get another ticket.

Each ticket is used to ask to be replaced into another grouping of 250. When you offer up a ticket, you are placed into a group that has a toxicity rating closer to yours. The toxicity rating is based off of frequency of reports, and their intensity. If a player is known to be a troll/griefer, they get reported and sent to tribunal. Tribunal has the option to pardon or punish. If punished, but not perma-banned, they are sent to a different grouping with more toxic players. If pardoned, they might be sent to a different league grouping if sorting needs to be done from people putting in tickets, and tribunal removals.

This would allow, through time, the player base to be sifted into groups that have similar mindsets about this game. If you wanna troll, you get to play with other trolls. If you are a shining star and the poster child of a proper League player, you get put with more of the same.

This could even be expanded to have players be tagged with either passive or competitive mentalities, making it so you get certain league groupings where the stakes are high and games are nail-biters, but then there are other leagues where people are skilled, but dont necessarily play 10 ranked matches a day so they can get in a stress free match in the time they have.

This is obviously a long term idea, but could be a possible solution to a lot of the issues LoL has with player mentality discrepancies.

BestHamCannonNA

02-04-2013

kinda surprised no one has commented or liked. hell even a downvote would be nice.

theplague1369

02-04-2013

It is an interesting concept, i feared pvp for a long time because of the stories my brother told me about people raging over nothing, and since i've never played a game like this before, i didn't want to give anybody a reason to go ballastic as i've been assured happens( and since i started the Tribunal, i've seen first hand.) Somehow finding a way to get all the like minded people in different groups seems like a good thing. If that means i get paired with happy, team oriented players that just want to have fun and do decent, i think i'd be happy with that, not sure how much work it would take to make it happen though.

crunchymunchys

02-04-2013

I found this it be an interesting idea, although Im not fully sure on what your trying to say. (probably because of my headache and it being late at night) the idea that people are someone organized is a difficult task none the less.

BestHamCannonNA

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymunchys View Post
I found this it be an interesting idea, although Im not fully sure on what your trying to say. (probably because of my headache and it being late at night) the idea that people are someone organized is a difficult task none the less.
basically just saying that since people will already be separated into groups of 250, why not take it a step further to make sure those groups work well together and share the same ideals about how the game should be played

mackman

02-04-2013

Mostly because Riot has their own idea of how the game should be played, and if you disagree too drastically with that idea, they don't want you playing it.

They've talked about "Prisoner's Island" before, and they really hate the idea: It would just cause trolls to get even more trollish, and should anyone ever be placed there by mistake, there's no conceivable way for them to get out.

And Ranked is, and always will be, Try-Hard. If you just want to "have fun and do decent," then I believe most of the Ranked community would say to just do Normals instead. That's the entire point of Ranked vs. Normals.

Oh, silly me. I forgot: This idea wouldn't work anyway, since the Leagues don't matter at all when it comes to Matchmaking. You're still matched with the entire LoL playerbase, it's just that forward progress is easier to judge in your little group of 250. So, no segregation of the playerbase anyway.

BestHamCannonNA

02-04-2013

wow, i totally overlooked that. I could still see the leagues be a grouping tool with later alterations to how each group is treated. Tribunal would have more drastic punishments for lower ethic leagues. If riot has said they dont like the idea, its bound to be a drastic measure. I foresee this game losing some player base when trolling hits critical mass in which case they might consider such things.

at the end of the day, somethings gotta be done about the toxicity