Why am I losing every single game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vadnarr

Recruiter

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatONeillGuy View Post
Just remember that the enemy team is in the same approximate place and most likely has their own trolls, ragers, and AFKers to deal with. In fact, the chances are even better because at least your team is guaranteed to have you on their side.

Everyone hits rough patches. The thing is, anytime there's a change, it's tempting to mistake correlation for causation and assume the change is to blame, whether that change is a matchmaking tweak or winter break. Just hang in there, and you'll be fine.

(Side note: Play with meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.)
Awwww hey buddy!!! fancy seeing you here
I know, that's what i've been thinking as well. It just got really rough for awhile...So nothing really changed? I could just be hitting a rough spot but just a few days ago I was consistently going +10...my last game I went -5 in the first 15 minutes. It was horrendous and that has never happened to me before (i can say that truthfully since I haven't been playing long and know most of my game stats). Idk it was probably just unlucky.

Also, for some odd reason all of my match history that took place before season 3 has been deleted..I can't get on right now to see if that is true for all of my friends but once i noticed I checked a few friends and their histories seemed to be intact. What could this be?

Vieryn

02-05-2013

oops...looked like i posted that^^^^from my boyfriends account on accident. He's vadnarr, i'm Vieryn and ^^^That^^^is from me :P

Interceptor09

02-05-2013

op here.
I have noticed over the past few days that when I queue with a friend(s) I get very different teammates. all of my friends have 150+ wins, so Im guessing that means I am getting queued with ppl that have similar numbers of wins. the games are better in every way. more teamwork, less toxicity, ppl picking appropriate roles, etc.

with me being at a lowly 60 wins, I assume Im getting matched with others like myself. and most of us arent very good yet. and of course there are the vast numbers of abusive/troll/ragequitting players down here.

I tried that other moba, and after playing LoL I could never go back to that. tbh I think I liked the first one better. but I enjoy LoL alot more, and intend to just stick it out and focus on improving while I hopefully climb my way out of the muck.

ThatONeillGuy

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieryn View Post
oops...looked like i posted that^^^^from my boyfriends account on accident. He's vadnarr, i'm Vieryn and ^^^That^^^is from me :P
Haha, I kind of figured.

I hit a really bad rut a few weeks back. I was even losing more than twice as often as I won with Ezreal (my favorite champ). Didn't seem to matter if I went 12-3-8 and was 7 away from the best CS in the game. Once, I even had my team vote to surrender 4-1 despite the fact that we were winning by every objective measure. The enemy team was shocked and mentioned that they were just about to surrender when our Nexus suddenly exploded. I even got consistently rolled as Sona, who I'd come to think of as my safest pick. It was like I couldn't buy a win.

So I took a break, played a couple bot games. When I came back to PvP, I told myself that as long as I had fun and learned something every match, that was all that mattered. If nothing else, that helped to clear the fog from my own head and improve my attitude, so I was more actively friendly both to my teammates and to the enemy team. A couple times, I was lucky enough to get a lane opponent who was willing to offer tips in post-game.

Eventually, things started to turn around. There was no clear break, but my games just started to go more smoothly. I even managed to carry a few, including one where our team never actually went positive (we ended 42-56, and that was probably my most satisfying victory ever).

Sorry to ramble like that, but my point is, never let a bad streak drag you down. There's always hope, and staying positive is your best shot at climbing back up.

Obligatory gbay99 video link: How to Stop Losing Streaks (and the Science behind it all).

As far as your match history goes, I'm pretty sure everyone's reset once Season 3 officially started. If your friends' didn't, it's probably either because they haven't played any games since then or because their profiles are just slow to update.

ThatONeillGuy

02-05-2013

Oh, also forgot to mention: the matchmaking tweak only added number of wins as another factor in creating teams. Your Summoner Level and (hidden) normal elo are still the primary factors, and iirc the system only looks for players with a similar number of wins for around 60 seconds. This change was actually implemented a few weeks back; they just didn't announce it until the most recent patch notes.

coheedrocks72

02-05-2013

I just can't get a win at all it seems and I am constantly being dominated lol

ThatONeillGuy

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheedrocks72 View Post
I just can't get a win at all it seems and I am constantly being dominated lol
Happens. Try picking a different goal for yourself, instead of just winning. It can help take your mind off your losing streak.

Since you seem to be dying a lot, maybe you could try playing super passive and practice freezing minion waves just out of range of your turret. I had a few games where I kept getting put into a 1v2 lane for whatever reason, so that gave me some much-needed practice. I'm still not very good at it, but at least I'm better than I used to be.

Good luck.

Interceptor09

02-06-2013

I wanted to get a feel for how accurate matchmaking is - so today I asked a few teammates, and opponents how many wins they had. I have 68.

my teammates' totals were always right around mine, with one exception of a guy who said he was around 150.
my opponents' answers ranged from 126 to 480.

good thing is, I will improve playing against better competition. the bad thing is, I will probably lose far more than I will win, so I'll be stuck with trolls/toxics/afks for a long time. I had 3 in a row today with afk teammates. one of the games 2 ppl went afk. I think I probably had an afk/ragequitter in 50% of my matches today.

if Im gonna be put up against much more experienced players, I think it would be great if I got them on my team once in a while.

jetpotion

04-18-2013

^Try playing a 1000 games and you could see that your the only constant.

Zerglinglol

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostbar View Post
I wanted to get a feel for how accurate matchmaking is - so today I asked a few teammates, and opponents how many wins they had. I have 68.

my teammates' totals were always right around mine, with one exception of a guy who said he was around 150.
my opponents' answers ranged from 126 to 480.

good thing is, I will improve playing against better competition. the bad thing is, I will probably lose far more than I will win, so I'll be stuck with trolls/toxics/afks for a long time. I had 3 in a row today with afk teammates. one of the games 2 ppl went afk. I think I probably had an afk/ragequitter in 50% of my matches today.

if Im gonna be put up against much more experienced players, I think it would be great if I got them on my team once in a while.
Which type of role are you playing? One thing I've noticed in my short time on LoL is that if someone doesn't get to play the role they want they freak out and troll or just be dumb.

For example on the hero select screen someone immediately says "Mid."
Next guy says "adc bot"
next guy is like "mid"

Then the two mid's argue like kids for a minute and usually the end result is one trolling or neither of them giving in and playing a different role, both of which likely end to a loss and lots of toxicity. Personally I enjoy support but I'll go into a game willing to play any role I know(top, jungle, or support). It helps a LOT being flexible like that imo ^_^