Why am I losing every single game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
New matchmaking system is taking away more for losses than giving in wins, so you'll be dropping fast.

Your hidden elo fell too much at the start of the loss streak and now you're in with ragers and afk's you need to grab a friend and duo out of it. Only thing that ever worked for me. I can't carry a bad game but I deserve to be able to learn at my own pace and have fun, not be trolled.

Just bc you can't carry doesn't mean you deserve to be among trolls and feeders, Riot.
Normal blinds bro

Vieryn

02-03-2013

So i've been reading through this thread (Because i'm having the same problem) and I just want to make sure I understand things. So with this new system, it will take your wins and losses more firmly into account when matchmaking? What if (like was said before) you lose a couple games and then get in this never ending loop of bad players and AFK players because your ratio fell so low? In normal games I mean, not ranked.

GreekLight

02-03-2013

thanks for the feedback and the encouragement.
Im going to play normal draft this week. hopefully I'll see fewer trolls, afk's, etc. Im still shocked at the number of consecutive games Ive had with these people. I hadnt seen this many toxic/afk/clueless in my previous 100+ matches. I was starting to wonder if I was the subject of some ill conceived experiment or something.

I dont need to win every match, I just want to play with people who at least know the game, and play to win.

GreekLight

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieryn View Post
So i've been reading through this thread (Because i'm having the same problem) and I just want to make sure I understand things. So with this new system, it will take your wins and losses more firmly into account when matchmaking? What if (like was said before) you lose a couple games and then get in this never ending loop of bad players and AFK players because your ratio fell so low? In normal games I mean, not ranked.
this is a concern of mine as well. the only options I see are accept your fate as permanent, or somehow find others in this situation - and only queue with them until you rack up enough wins to be occasionally matched with normal people. either way its almost easier to just move on and check out another moba with a different formula for matchmaking. this system just punishes players with low win totals, and stacks the deck against them as far as improving their situation.

or we just get so insanely good that we carry entire teams every match.

Hiryuu16

02-03-2013

On the average, your team will have 4 chances at a bad/afk player, while your opposing team will have 5 of the same chance. As long as you're more the solution than the problem, you should be able to climb slowly out of the hole.

I suspect the decent players were checking out the new ranked system this weekend, leaving a 'power vacuum' of poor players behind in normals.

Zisi

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
New matchmaking system is taking away more for losses than giving in wins, so you'll be dropping fast.
There is no new matching system, it's completely unchanged since the last patch. The only recent change to the matchmaking system happened weeks ago where after a group of players has been matched based on elo, they are additionally filtered based on number of wins if possible.

Why can nobody understand that the new leauge system is 100% cosmetic, it has NO BEARING whatsoever on your now hidden elo, or the matchmaking system AT ALL.

@ the op, your just having a run of bad luck, happens to everyone from time to time.

ThatONeillGuy

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieryn View Post
Just remember that the enemy team is in the same approximate place and most likely has their own trolls, ragers, and AFKers to deal with. In fact, the chances are even better because at least your team is guaranteed to have you on their side.

Everyone hits rough patches. The thing is, anytime there's a change, it's tempting to mistake correlation for causation and assume the change is to blame, whether that change is a matchmaking tweak or winter break. Just hang in there, and you'll be fine.

(Side note: Play with meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.)

Ghostvoider Rick

02-04-2013

just curious, who do you main?

JonnyTapas

02-04-2013

The game's always seemed "streaky" to me... I'll have a huge win streak followed by a huge loosing streak.

It may have something to do with you getting matched on the tougher end of things after a nice win streak, then you have to come back down to earth a bit.

I don't know how complex the system is but I do often feel like I'm being statistically tested in the department of "can I carry a game?" I've been paired with a sub par team at the end of a win streak quite often. Usually in my case the answer is no... I'm a team player and fairly passive if I don't snowball, meaning sub par team = defeat. After a few more losses... frustration will kick in... I play AI for a bit in between games to keep my morale high and eventually back on to the win streak.

I will agree with you in the champion select headache... Why people can't simply work out Top, Mid, Bot, ADC, Support, Jungle, I don't know... Often the biggest derps I encounter are bad team comp from the start. This does give me a headache... I'll agree with you there.

CounterSnipe

02-04-2013

it's probably your attitude towards the game. I was like 1490 elo about a month ago, lost the game I needed to become gold, and then I started thinking all my teams would be bad and I went down to 1290. After figuring out I was just having a piss poor attitude towards the game I started to play better by
1) Not caring if I won (this way if you lose it won't affect your future play, and if you win then yay!)
2) Not giving a damn if someone messed up in the game.

Right now I'm at 1400 again according to lolking, so yeah, it worked for me.