Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I losing every single game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Interceptor09

02-03-2013

since the season 3 patch? normal blind pick

I am 2-19 since friday morning. I have won at least 50% of my matches prior to this. in fact I was at least 10 wins in a row before this losing streak. what the hell?

Im certainly not the most talented player, and I cant carry an entire team against skilled opponents.. but every match I get I have teammates who are trolling, or have no idea what the roles are, or just go double digit deaths before the 20 minute mark. and the afk's - Id say 15 of the 21 matches I had someone ragequit. its uncanny. literally every single match for two days has been a disaster. where were these people before? and why all of a sudden am I constantly getting matched up with them? I mean, you can tell in champ select that most of these people have no clue wtf they are doing, and half the time they are so belligerent - its insane.

how am I getting the short end of the stick every single match? I know the cool and popular thing to say around here is 'its you' and 'youre bad' and blah, blah, blah. I know sometimes its me, I know. and I know I play a part in losing. but I also play a part in winning.

so what the ****? why the sudden every single ****ing team is full of trolls and ppl who seem to have just installed the game? if this is how its going to be from now on, there is no way I can continue to play. I'll just go to that other moba and see how their matchmaking is. I cant subject myself to this, after always having won ~50% of my games.

coheedrocks72

02-03-2013

i have had a few really bad matches tonight. It just happens. Dont worry about it just worry about improving your game

Interceptor09

02-03-2013

Quote:
coheedrocks72:
i have had a few really bad matches tonight. It just happens. Dont worry about it just worry about improving your game

right. Im always trying to improve my game. but since 3.01 all Im seeing are the worst of the worst. the type of people you used to see every now and then and think 'wow'. well now those are my teammates every single match.

Ensanitee

02-03-2013

Millions of players and not the easiest game to master. Chances are pretty good this will happen unless playing with friends.

Kaalika

02-03-2013

New matchmaking system is taking away more for losses than giving in wins, so you'll be dropping fast.

Your hidden elo fell too much at the start of the loss streak and now you're in with ragers and afk's you need to grab a friend and duo out of it. Only thing that ever worked for me. I can't carry a bad game but I deserve to be able to learn at my own pace and have fun, not be trolled.

Just bc you can't carry doesn't mean you deserve to be among trolls and feeders, Riot.

XAlFias

02-03-2013

it's a team game . Don't blame yourself . Cheer up we all have bad days like this ,... but yeah , new mmr is faulty ....

TehomCD

02-03-2013

Quote:
Kaalika:
New matchmaking system is taking away more for losses than giving in wins, so you'll be dropping fast.

Your hidden elo fell too much at the start of the loss streak and now you're in with ragers and afk's you need to grab a friend and duo out of it. Only thing that ever worked for me. I can't carry a bad game but I deserve to be able to learn at my own pace and have fun, not be trolled.

Just bc you can't carry doesn't mean you deserve to be among trolls and feeders, Riot.

Normal matchmaking didn't receive any changes. As far as I know, the only changed to ranked matchmaking is that if all other things are equal, it'll match you with/against people in the same division first.

So if things seem different, it's honestly just an unlucky streak, and you shouldn't let it bother you. 2-19 is a really bad streak, but that sort of thing happens, particularly if you had a winning streak recently that might have put your normal Elo too high. Your normal Elo being too high doesn't mean you'll automatically feed in games - it means that the games are much harder to carry if other people screw up, and that's probably what's happening.

You can fail to carry games in really subtle ways. Last night, I was playing some normals with players who are way, way lower Elo than me - around 500-1k less. In one of the games, there was an enemy Graves who was so fed he basically had a full build by the 30 minute mark, but he essentially threw the game for his team by poor build choices and poor positioning, even though his mechanics were surprisingly good for a bronze player. Every game I lost there were dozens of things I could have done better, and trying to blame players who objectively aren't as good as me for not playing as well would be as counterproductive as it's foolish.

Interceptor09

02-03-2013

unless I misunderstand the patch notes, normal matchmaking did change. its at the bottom of the patch notes. something about wins/losses in queue. posting from my phone or Id link/quote.

and just based on the quality of teammates Im getting, somethings def different. Im seeing multiple people ever game that I used to see once every 4 or 5 matches. gamebreaking design, pretty bummed about it because I love this game.

TehomCD

02-03-2013

That note is actually delayed - they turned the number of wins thing on a while before the most recent patch, and then decided to lower its settings slightly (it'll only try to find people with similar number of wins for 60 seconds rather than 90 seconds), they just decided to add it to the notes now. So if you were seeing a stark difference before and after the patch, that shouldn't be to blame.

If you're seeing the same people every game, it means you're playing at a time when there's very few people in the queue: the less people around to match you against, the more likely you are to have a lopsided/unfair match, and I'd strongly suspect that might be to blame. If you're playing draft mode, I'd switch to blind pick to have a bigger pool of people to play against. Otherwise it's probably the time of day you might be playing, and that might not be something you can change.

SneakyAzShiite

02-03-2013

Quote:
ghostbar:
since the season 3 patch? normal blind pick

I am 2-19 since friday morning. I have won at least 50% of my matches prior to this. in fact I was at least 10 wins in a row before this losing streak. what the hell?

Im certainly not the most talented player, and I cant carry an entire team against skilled opponents.. but every match I get I have teammates who are trolling, or have no idea what the roles are, or just go double digit deaths before the 20 minute mark. and the afk's - Id say 15 of the 21 matches I had someone ragequit. its uncanny. literally every single match for two days has been a disaster. where were these people before? and why all of a sudden am I constantly getting matched up with them? I mean, you can tell in champ select that most of these people have no clue wtf they are doing, and half the time they are so belligerent - its insane.

how am I getting the short end of the stick every single match? I know the cool and popular thing to say around here is 'its you' and 'youre bad' and blah, blah, blah. I know sometimes its me, I know. and I know I play a part in losing. but I also play a part in winning.

so what the ****? why the sudden every single ****ing team is full of trolls and ppl who seem to have just installed the game? if this is how its going to be from now on, there is no way I can continue to play. I'll just go to that other moba and see how their matchmaking is. I cant subject myself to this, after always having won ~50% of my games.

Well your win steak could have moved your matchmaker rating higher. Youd get better opponents in that case. You need to understand that your MMR will fluctuate depending on your wins losses etc.

What level are you? Is playing ranked a possibility? If so you can eliminate getting players who dont have experience enough in league to understand as much as you do. If not try picking up some friends online in forums, chats and such so that you dont get stuck with trolls and inexperienced players. Nothing is perfect and youve gotten create a more desirable situation for yourself. Ive found League much more enjoyable having a friend on skype and in game with me, just chatting and playing. Sure you still wont win a ton but at least youll have someone of your skill level and some teamwork. Over time you can split into separate lanes and have a bigger impact on the game for your team. Good Luck bud =)