Disturbing Co-op vs. AI Troll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YinYang277

02-02-2013

I'm not sure if there's already a post for this, so I apologize in advance if there is and would someone please kindly direct me to the link? Thank you.

So I just bought a new set of runes to test out for jungling. I decide to test them out in a Co-op vs AI match to see how they work. When the queue matches me up with 4 other people, I called jungle, presumably first, and picked Nocturne with Smite and Teleport, my usual spells, but then one of the other players does an instant-lock on Evelynn with Smite and Teleport as his/her spells. Then another player picks and instant-locks Udyr also with Teleport and Smite. At this point, I was debating between just not jungling this match or quitting the match making and wait five minutes for the next match. Then both Evelynn and Udyr changed their Smites to Revives, so I thought I would be able to jungle. By this point the other two players had picked Katarina and Teemo, both with Teleport and Revive. The fact that the other four players had Revive and Teleport raised my concern a bit, but I thought nothing of it because it was a Bot game. The timer runs down and the loading screen shows up. First thing I notice is that Teemo is disconnected. Second thing I notice is that when the match starts, the chat box showed Ashe-bot and Cho'Gath-bot saying something, which initially really alarms me because bots have never talked before, but I looked over it after awhile since they didn't say anything more than one line each, thinking that it must be part of the new update. While I waited by the Wolves Den, my "team" (with the exception of Teemo who never connected) decided to invade the Bot's side. I thought nothing of it until all of a sudden I see Cho'Gath-bot getting a triple kill off of Eve, Udyr, and Kat. Again, I was really alarmed, but just thought that my teammates were unskilled. After this, they would revive and teleport to the enemy champion, let them get hit, then run to the enemy turret to commit a suicide that resulted in the Bot's kill, all the while buying "ingrediant" items such Rejuvenation Bead or Sight Wards. At this point, I realized that I was being trolled, especially since they repeated said in chat that I was a noob and feeding the bots, even when I had not even left the jungle. I just practiced my jungling until I got Noc's ulti and started to fend off the a bots who were at this point fed with 10-15 kills. After awhile, I managed to kill them enough times to make up for my "teammates" feeding and start pushing the bot's turrets. When I had taken done there Middle Lane and Top Lane Inhibitors, one of them initiated a surrender. Since there were only four of us, their three votes to surrender over rid my one vote to not surrender, resulting in our lose of the Co-op vs. AI match. At the End Results page, the trollers said that I threw the game.

While this isn't the only time that I have been trolled, to me it is the scariest since these trollers appeared to have been able to hack the Riot system to the point where they can make the AI speak. One of the perks I thought I had in playing League of Legends was no hackers, something we often see in other MMO games. I hope Riot will be able sort out this mess.

I planned to take a screen shot of the end results but forgot in my rush to check the forums, so I apologize to those who find my story dubious.

Enterti

02-02-2013

This is what is known as classic intentional feeding, it fell out of style when the Tribunal hit but sometimes happens regardless. As far as the bots talking I think that was part of a recent patch.

BestHamCannonNA

02-03-2013

nothing to worry about with the bots talking. it sounds like you did the right thing, which was made easy by being a jungler and not laning with those fools. one game isnt warrant for being too upset. Its best to learn how to look past the trolls and feed off the positive vibes that other players like you and me want to put forward.

Atik L Yar

02-03-2013

The bots talking is part of the most recent patch; they'll say some lore-friendly lines at the start and end of the matches.

And yes, I agree, it's really creepy...

YinYang277

02-03-2013

Okay, thank you all for your comments.

HatLlama

02-03-2013

Thats a lot of words for a coop post. Reminds me of a few games when some baddies stole my mid back when I'd play sivir to win the game in 10 minutes to quickly get my Fwotd. Even coop and custom games are filled with trolls and *******.