Garen is broken?

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
his silence is actually does go on for a good bit, and don't forget usually teams have more than 1 player with cc, so if a player is targeted first my garen it is easy for his team to just come in on top of them while they are still silenced .

really its about his kit, he has a lot of different ways to survive, and most champs have 2 or 3 of what was listed for him so it cant just be some of my teammates, his kit has a good amount of opness.
And yet, he still sees no tourney play, what does that tell you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
his silence is actually does go on for a good bit, and don't forget usually teams have more than 1 player with cc, so if a player is targeted first my garen it is easy for his team to just come in on top of them while they are still silenced .

really its about his kit, he has a lot of different ways to survive, and most champs have 2 or 3 of what was listed for him so it cant just be some of my teammates, his kit has a good amount of opness.
youve been silenced... now fight or gtfo. Its not hard CC and casters shouldnt be on the front lines with garen around anyways unless they plan to kill tanky dps and tanks instantly with burst attacks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
did you know his % based shield doesnt mean much till lategame?
Did you know that silence isn't a huge problem for champs who have any business being within silence range of him unless their built for casting based burst at melee range? (hi darius)
Did you know that he actually doesnt have much damage if built tanky just like every other bruiser?
what about that his silence comes with increased movement speed almost making it guaranteed to land on someone before anyone can try to peel him off. The garens I see build him mostly tanky with good damage items, no one just builds him tanky. He does high damage over time with most of his moves and his ult does the biggest burst of damage I've seen. You cannot deny that his ult does a whole lot of burst damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
youve been silenced... now fight or gtfo. Its not hard CC and casters shouldnt be on the front lines with garen around anyways unless they plan to kill tanky dps and tanks instantly with burst attacks
how does one fight when silenced?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
how does one fight when silenced?
autoattacks, the simplest and often greatest damage source in the game.
garen cannot stop carries, the hardest hitters in the game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
autoattacks, the simplest and often greatest damage source in the game.
garen cannot stop carries, the hardest hitters in the game
As far as autoattacks, not every champ can just sit and auto attack, if your like me melee ap if I stop running I am dead because I am silenced for as long as it takes for me to die.

If that where true so your solution is for everyone to be casters? not going to to happen.

with the new tanky league meta casters have the hardest time doing damage and it sticking because health is pretty op.

no matter how you spin it if its Garen or the current meta, together he is just op right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Garen's definitely too strong. Reasons stated were accurate in every post I've seen, but some people are apparently in love with Garen and like to be condescending *******s if they think you are wrong.

Kiting works until Garen decides to commit, then you're ****ed because he's too tanky, silences to **** over casters, and instakills people if they get below 40% health with his ult.

Why? Because **** balance, apparently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
As far as autoattacks, not every champ can just sit and auto attack, if your like me melee ap if I stop running I am dead because I am silenced for as long as it takes for me to die.

If that where true so your solution is for everyone to be casters? not going to to happen.

with the new tanky league meta casters have the hardest time doing damage and it sticking because health is pretty op.

no matter how you spin it if its Garen or the current meta, together he is just op right now.
I think you completely misread what I said. You kindof went off in the opposite direction actually. And I didnt say anything about EVERYONE. Champions with silence have an anticaster skill. Not ever champion is a "caster" even though they have abilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleally View Post
Garen's definitely too strong. Reasons stated were accurate in every post I've seen, but some people are apparently in love with Garen and like to be condescending *******s if they think you are wrong.

Kiting works until Garen decides to commit, then you're ****ed because he's too tanky, silences to **** over casters, and instakills people if they get below 40% health with his ult.

Why? Because **** balance, apparently.
people have gotten too used to easy solutions like kiting because of keep away strategies against champs like darius and olaf.

OPEN YOUR MIND


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
people have gotten too used to easy solutions like kiting because of keep away strategies against champs like darius and olaf.

OPEN YOUR MIND
Says the Ahri fan club president


123456 ... 12