Garen is broken?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feefeekiller

02-06-2013

I play support mostly, so I really only know how to deal with Garen during teamfights. Basically, when you see him running at you when he uses his Q, you can slow him all you want because now his slow remove is gone. Then when he does silence whoever, he's right in the middle of your team, and either that's the enemy team's initiate or Garen is attempting to poke. If it's the first, he's going to use his W and E shortly after, so you actually don't want to attack him. This is the time you focus their squishies. Soon as he stops spinning to win, he's either going to be easy to kill if he built damage, or he's not going to do any damage if he built tank. Yeah, his dunk is nasty, but someone on your team should have their CC back up around this time (After killing their heavy damage), and you can stun/cc him and kill him. Basically it changes around your prioritization list. It goes like APC-ADC (You may swap these depending on which is cranking out the most damage), Garen, Support, and then finally Tank.

lcman95

02-06-2013

the problem with garen isn't the laning phase, landing against him is easy enough. the problem is once you get in to team fights, garen is able to run up to the adc use his e, and then basic attack basic attack ult and the adc is out of the fight or dead. ik the adc can get a ga, but it takes the adc, and a support and/or junglier just to peel for him to get garen off, which leaves the rest of the team to fight. garen just needs to be more balanced, he does too much damage for the amount of damage items built. my build is boots, black cleaver, warmongs, sun fire, frozen mallet, and last item is tanky, but depends on the other team. I've played as and against garen and i strongly believe that he is too strong. and the only reason why he is op is because for 1000-1300 elo players is because no one knows how to peel, which is why he doesn't see tournament play. unless riot wants to make garen a viable tournament champ i don't see how a nerf on him will hurt because the majority of players are 1000-1300 and are getting smashed by him

XMoulinRougeX

02-06-2013

Usually nidalee can take care of him by just spearing him when we wants to farm. Trap the bushes by the dozen so he can't just bush heal/gank and end's up taking all the traps damage and then when you poke enough go cat form and tear him up. Usually it get's so bad for him that he needs to call in a jungler because he can't handle Nidalee. Good times.

In team fights, as Nid you just poke him up and if he runs towards you then pounce away. He cannot catch you.

pengwndude

02-14-2013

lately bruisers on the tankier side have been getting rewarded this season with the new items

garen is a prime example, as well as darius, olaf, and even ww.
it's because of items like warmogs that make them indestructible, while they still have a high damage output

ElDynamite

02-14-2013

Solution
-Build Warmogs + SFC
-Build IE, BT, Cleaver
-Deal ridiculous damage with your E to everyone on the enemy team
-???
-Profit

ElDynamite

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMoulinRougeX View Post
Usually nidalee can take care of him by just spearing him when we wants to farm. Trap the bushes by the dozen so he can't just bush heal/gank and end's up taking all the traps damage and then when you poke enough go cat form and tear him up. Usually it get's so bad for him that he needs to call in a jungler because he can't handle Nidalee. Good times.

In team fights, as Nid you just poke him up and if he runs towards you then pounce away. He cannot catch you.
So because he has a counter, he's not OP.

Nice logic.

Vuther

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDynamite View Post
So because he has many counters, he's not OP.
Fixt.

StormEagle5000

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
lets see...:

health regen check
silience check
remove slows check
gain movement speed check
increased armor check
increased magic resist check
shield check
ignore unit collision check
insane physical damage everything check
insane magic damage ult check

hmm...the more you know

it took all 5 of my teammates to kill 1 Garen several ults and ignites later.
Bro. Same thing. It takes everyone on your team to take him out. Nerffff

Xoj 21

02-14-2013

his ult is even stronger than elise spider from Q.

even he is even tankier.

Hunterkilleryo

02-14-2013

I think in general he has more than 1 counter... but also he is easily kitable. Any champ that gets fed will dominate. If he FB you then just cs at tower. No need to give him more kills. Obviously if you are complaining because he is diving you after he killed you 2-3 times, then that's your own fault. Try giving akali 2 kills early on.