Riot family members threatening others.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renholder

02-02-2013

What is RIOTs stance on their own family members threatening other players with bans? I was just in a game in which a Gragas on the opposite team with a poor attitude threatened to have her hubby who she said worked at RIOT, ban me, because she told me to "shut the f up" multiple times and I didn't.

Now it obviously occurs to me that this person could be some kid who is full of it but if it is a RIOT family members account I dont think it's okay for them to be telling people they can get someone banned or have them flag a tribunal case.

I won't post the summoner name here because of the summoner's code but if someone from RIOT wants it in a PM i'll be glad to provide it.

I also reported the player in game.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
What is RIOTs stance on their own family members threatening other players with bans? I was just in a game in which a Gragas on the opposite team with a poor attitude threatened to have her hubby who she said worked at RIOT, ban me, because she told me to "shut the f up" multiple times and I didn't.

Now it obviously occurs to me that this person could be some kid who is full of it but if it is a RIOT family members account I dont think it's okay for them to be telling people they can get someone banned or have them flag a tribunal case.

I won't post the summoner name here because of the summoner's code but if someone from RIOT wants it in a PM i'll be glad to provide it.

I also reported the player in game.
Last sentence... There you go. If I see that in the tribunal it's punish.

BloodworksInc

02-02-2013

I quite, quite hope that this is simply a case of as you surmised; a player being full of it and trying to use leverage and fear - in which case, it's still a horribly stupid act and should be punished.

But in the small, remote off-chance that this person is legitimately related to a Riot member...

Then this is a astronomical issue that has "Watergate" written all over it. And needs to be snuffed out, with insane haste.

Enterti

02-02-2013

They are full of it. Either that or putting their husband's job in jeopardy.