Kha'Zix vs Rengar - better assassin (post nerfs)

Rengar 14 21.88%
Kha'Zix 50 78.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Kha'Zix vs Rengar - Post nerfs [POLL]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arotisan3

02-03-2013

This is just for information, but let's say Kha'zix doesn't get early kills, does he fall off damage late game?

- If so, how hard does he fall off? ( for example, can't even take out half HP of a squishy with one combo)

- If not, how strong does he end up? (for example, he can still output damage to kill a squishy carry)

Arotisan3

02-04-2013

bump.

krOne

02-04-2013

Here are my two cents:

First Point:
Rengar's Q deals pretty heavy damage compared to Kha'Zix's Q. However in the situation of a 1v1, Kha'Zix's endgame build can cause his Q to do 900-1000 damage with a 2 second cooldown (with the right runes and item build), NOT including the % bonus damage based on enemy missing health from Evolved Claws. Kha'Zix has to make sure Rengar can't land 5 abilities in succession for the ferocity bonus.

Second Point:
Rengar's W allows for AoE magic damage, and a self-heal based on his champion level. At level 18, he will heal himself 400hp. However for this heal he must have the ferocity bonus, which means he needs to land 5 abilities on Kha'Zix. Kha'Zix's W, guarentees a self-heal as long as he is within the explosion radius of his void spikes. Evolving these for a 1v1 doesn't make sense but I guess it is viable for the extra magic damage from Unseen Threat.

Third Point:
In a 1v1 situation Rengar's Bola and Kha'Zix's Leap is sort of useless, unless you use it just for that extra damage. The only time of use for these abilities is when your opponent is fleeing.

Final Point:
People have been saying that Rengar's ult completely renders Kha'Zix's ult useless. THAT IS NOT TRUE. While Rengar can see Kha'Zix while he uses Void Assault, Kha'Zix will still gain Unseen Threat. In a 1v1 situation, being detected while in stealth is the least of your worries in CQC. However trying to find Rengar while he is in stealth can be a real pain, especially that he gains ferocity every .5 second.

Noting down Passives and extra champion abilities:
Passive: In CQC with Kha'Zix, Rengar's passive is rendered useless, considering his enemy is right next to him, there is no need to "close the distance" because there is no distance. Kha'Zix needs to utilize the bushes around the place to his advantage, because he can use his passive in a duel. Quickly darting in and out of a bush(es) can confuse the enemy and maximize damage output from basic attacks.

Extra champion stuff: I don't know what to call these xD. But Rengar has an ability where he gains ferocity for every ability landed on an enemy. Once all five ferocity are achieved, the next attack has a significant buff or an extra effect (for example, extra damage on Q or self-heal on W). There is only one downside to this: It takes a minimum of 30 seconds to gain all five ferocity, of which the 1v1 would already be over, assuming he started out with 0 ferocity. Kha'Zix can evolve 3 out of the 4 abilities he has. In a 1v1 situation, I would evolve claws, spikes, and active camo. In other situations I would evolve claws, spikes, and wings. These provide a permanent buff to his abilities. And Rengar has a significantly larger AD than Kha'Zix.

This is definitely biased toward Kha'Zix, mainly because I play as him a lot xD. But take these into consideration. And I'm really sorry for the large amount of text! I had to find someplace to dump all these information into. Have a nice day!

BoresRaptor

02-04-2013

Kha nerf - 1
Rengar nerf 10000000000000000000000000000000

and still rengar is better

w8 for 5 ferocity go ulti triple Q GG kha

alfavhunter

02-04-2013

rengar is still a bit UP, he needs a little more damage output, and his ult needs to be made more, 'in fight' friendly, because to use it in a fight right now, he has to stop all offensive actions for ~3 seconds

if they made it lose delay per level (rank 1 is up to 3 seconds rank 2 is 1 sec max, rank 3 no delay) [this also prevents the laning phase ult which was a get out of gank free card from being possible and abused again] then rengar would be on a much more even playing field late game as khaz, due to being able to use the ferocity bonus, instantly vanish, and use it again

but as a note on rengars ult, it only reveals targets until he is out of stealth, the moment he attacks, his reveal is gone, they should either add to his special item a reveal mechanic on whoever he pounces (ult or passive pounce) or build a second reveal into the ultimate itself

but as of now, rengar is a little UP due ot a minor, MINOR, lack in damage, and his ult being unreliable in a fight

a good buff to rengars late game would be to lower the CDs on his Q bu 1-2 seconds at max rank, his W CD lowered a little, and increase the range on his E from 575 to 600, making it a little more reliable range wise, and yes there are other ways to fix him, this is just an example of a possable way

xTheft

02-04-2013

I find Rengar isn't really underpowered. I play him and do quite well. I found him quite hard to learn however. Only two things I would change is lower his Q cooldown. Also you should make his Ferocity Bonus on his E last longer because compared to his Q and W it really just is not worth it to use the root. But that is what some of you are forgetting it seems, Rengar's abilities take no mana, and every 5 abilities he uses his next one has a bonus effect, his Q's is quite significant and his W is very useful in the jungle early game.