What's riot stance on this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yhefftobemad

02-02-2013

This happened 33 mins ago:
http://i.imgur.com/4htoAow.jpg

This was a game when d Crumbz, a featured streamer by riot (afaik[as far as i know]), had over 500 viewers.

As someone who has been a part of the league community for over 2 years now, with around 3000 games played, and tons of hours pretty much daily spent watching streams I can say that by people swearing and showing poor behavior while there are streamers, it affected my behavior negatively and made me feel that if high ELO players can get away with toxic attitudes that I should be able to get away with it aswell. I've been perm-banned twice. AoECrypt, ReignOfMadness. I firmly believe that watching toxic attitudes on streams affected my behavior, even though I consider it my fault for being affected and I put myself responsible for my actions.

tl'dr;
I believe words being used like this shows how people can be insensitive on the internet at times towards extremely sensitive subjects. It does however make it worse that this isn't an anonymous player. He plays for GGU which is a team that made it to Riot Season 3 NA Championship Series.

I ask everyone, post your opinions and suggestions to what should happen when prominent players step out of line.

Edit: sorry mods if I posted this in wrong section

Shelzin

02-02-2013

IWillDominate

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1015978

Enough said.

Edit: Thought I would throw an euw in there as well.

yhefftobemad

02-02-2013

Hey man, he changed, I haven't seen him rage once on stream, he is forcing himself to be a good role model and actually he is my favorite streamer after crumbz currently.

Give him another chance. He learnt from his mistakes, everyone has flaws.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhefftobemad View Post
Hey man, he changed, I haven't seen him rage once on stream, he is forcing himself to be a good role model and actually he is my favorite streamer after crumbz currently.

Give him another chance. He learnt from his mistakes, no one is perfect.
Who? IWillDominate? I don't doubt that. I'm sure he kissed some serious backside to be able to get away with just a year long ban from professional gaming. I'd bet dollar to peso's that if he gets in the tribunal again and found guilty he'll never play professionally again.

yhefftobemad

02-02-2013

It wasn't just a year long ban from professional gaming, from what I heard, riot was planning to track new accounts he makes and ban those aswell. I think that was an unfair decision and perhaps the people behind riot changed their minds.

You may be "sure" on 'that' but I'm "sure" there are plenty of people who disagree with you on that.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhefftobemad View Post
It wasn't just a year long ban from professional gaming, from what I heard, riot was planning to track new accounts he makes and ban those aswell. I think that was an unfair decision and perhaps the people behind riot changed their minds.
Well... I've watched his stream after the punishment so.. It wouldn't be too hard to find him if they were looking for him considering he's using the same name to play. So... No... I don't think they are going to ban those as well.

Quote:
You may be "sure" on 'that' but I'm "sure" there are plenty of people who disagree with you on that.
*shrugs* ok.

yhefftobemad

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Well... I've watched his stream after the punishment so.. It wouldn't be too hard to find him if they were looking for him considering he's using the same name to play. So... No... I don't think they are going to ban those as well.
which is why I said "I think that was an unfair decision and perhaps the people behind riot changed their minds." instead of your tale of him kissing butt

yhefftobemad

02-02-2013

need people bumping this thread cus im goin to bed now,

yhefftobemad

02-06-2013

bump