Relation between Nautilus and Thresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FIN Sawyer30

02-04-2013

It's not really a link in the lore. It's more of like how Graves and Nocturne work. I can't remember exactly what they say but when graves lands a smokescreen on nocturne he says something like 'How do you like the darkness'. It's more of a pun or joke than anything. Not really a lore link but it links their abilities in a bit of a jokey way.

Ruahi

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytchet View Post
Has Riot ever made a quote said by a champion when he crosses path with a totally unrelated champion?
yes they do. look at volibear and zilean. look at graves and nocturne. they do this sometimes to make a little easter egg
Quote:
Naut's lore leaves plenty of interpretations, this might be one of them.
not really seems pretty cut and dry
the only mystery is what the black sludge was
thresh is ghostly not black sludge
if it was an appirition that dragged him down then maybe but sadly no because ghost at sea go hand in hand but this wasnt a ghost and was: some ancient creature, rogue magic, a mixture of the 2, or even toxic waste
who knows but it definitly wasnt a ghost

Aqvila

03-13-2014

here's my theory on thresh/nautilus (dont rag on meh o^o im just enjoying myself with this mental exercise) thresh one day decided he wanted nautilus's soul (i've heard that thresh will 'crave' a certain person's soul at random) and the black sludge was from the shadow isles (possibly natural and reoccurring), when thresh was on his way to nautilus, he found him by chance at the edge of the sludge/shadow isles(?) so he waited below the surface as in ambush to find a chance to nail him with his hook, when nautilus was going over the edge, he was an easy target, and then the tug-of-war began, thresh probably rooted himself to a large rock or something while nautilus.. well nautilus lifts (XD) thresh got him (due to the crew's 'assistance') and toyed with his mind, forcing him to run in circles in the ocean depths, once he decided nautilus was 'ripe' and tried to steal his soul, nautilus fought back, and that anchor has a heavy strike (his passive) so during the fight, im betting thresh killed him but nautilus landed a punishing blow in the process, while his body rotted away (and you can look at nautilus for this check) his soul remained, possessing the armor, plus, nautilus has a green glow in his armor and nothing else, the same green glow you see from the souls thresh collects

Lact8

03-13-2014

Based off the league wiki, thresh doesn't say that line when hooking nautilus. That line is activated "Upon hooking an enemy Fizz whilst Chum the Waters is active on one of Thresh's teammates". http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Thresh/Background

Still an interesting idea I guess

The Red Warden

03-13-2014

Your all over thinking it. Both of them are simply hookers.

IceHound

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Warden View Post
Your all over thinking it. Both of them are simply hookers.
I see what you did there.

Gentleman Gaston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2014

Quote:
It's just a theory I made while bored, but there is matter for tought there:
Has Riot ever made a quote said by a champion when he crosses path with a totally unrelated champion?
Yes, all the time. Off the top of my head Graves taunts Nocturne if he catches him in his Smokescreen, and I know there are others.

It's just a cute way of having character interactions that don't have any consequences outside of the game.

Gutiokipanja

03-16-2014

Maybe they hook up and it's a inside joke about something we should never know or understand how it works.

Toki Wo T0mare

03-16-2014

why do people do these things? Seriously? How many absurd theories like this have even been right? He says it for Fizz, not Naut, and even if he did, there's plenty of unrelated champs that have quotes (though Zil and Voli ARE related, kinda. It's a reference to two riot employees, Volibar and Zilean. Google it.) It was a black sludge that got him, too, not a chain.

The Loose Groose

03-17-2014

Quote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering why Thresh says something while grabbing Nautilus ("Hook, line and sinker")... Out of the 100+ champions, Nautilus isn't the one who is most likely to be related to Thresh... Or is he?

Nautilus' lore states : "something lurking in the muck grabbed hold of him". We don't know what grabbed him, but he got grabbed, and Thresh CAN definitely grab with death sentence.

" He isolates and toys with them, gradually eroding their sanity with his twisted, maddening humor" (Thresh's lore)
"He wandered without direction or sense of passing time in what felt like an eternal dream" (Naut's lore)
No comment about this one, I guess what Naut's endured is enough to "erode his sanity"

"Once Thresh takes an interest in a soul, he does not relent until he possesses it"... Wait, isn't Nautilus still in possession of his soul? Could have Thresh's plan, for any reason, failed? Is it because Nautilus seems still relatively sane? But then again, why did thresh join the league? He wants stronger souls, maybe in particular one he didn't catch the first time.

Now, what was Thresh doing in the water? isn't he supposed to wander Valoran? Remember his alternative skin : deep terror Thresh. Now that could be the thing that caught Naut. Even if most skins are non-canon, this one could be part of Runeterra... I go into wild guesses here, but there might be not one but two Threshes, one wandering land, one wandering sea. The lore doesn't give much on what Thresh was before becoming him, we can assume a lot of things, including this.

Now, I know this theory is a little farfetched, but is still believable... What do you guys think?
I like this theory and I am just asking to help further this theory for better or worse, but if this was the case, what was the black liquid?