Evelyn,Thresh, Lucian's connection

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoRemover

Member

08-24-2013

To start off, I am going to quote something from "a while" ago by kitae, the lead designer of the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Thresh will get TT lore lines at the next TT lore recording which will also give Evelyn lore lines. This will be at the point where we are ready to reveal more about Evelyn's connection to the shadow isles.

We are ready to do lines for Thresh now, but we don't do recordings for 3-4 lines. It's a time intensive process so we prefer to wait until we have a larger batch of lines to record.

It would be nice if we could instantly put in lore lines for new champions as they come out but it just isn't practical to bring in multiple actors to record a couple lines.

with this being said, as the current lore goes, Thresh trapped Senna (Lucian's wife)'s soul in his little cute lantern of sick behavior while NEVER stating that Senna has actually died. Instead, Lucian stated "She wouldn't want me to come after her". Evelyn had stories about her coming from shadow isles, while according to lore, that's exactly where Senna got her soul ripped out and locked in. Riot did repeatedly stating Thresh and Evelyn having some sort of connections, and this just might be the answer. Evelyn is the soulless Senna. This can be backed-up by a yet to known fact, why is Evelyn called "the widow maker" in the first place?

Lucian's wife isn't quite dead as well, knowing the fact that the last sentence of his lore stated that he wants her to "rest in peace" which can be looked at in two ways:
1. she is dead but not in peace cause her soul is in the lantern
2. she is not technically dead as she is living on.... soulless.

We still have a lot to learn about the shadow isles, and what death actually means in the shadow isles. Evelyn isn't quite exactly a "dead" person as we can see with "most" shadow isles champions (with the exception of Elise... who is simply a resident spider there...)

Though Evelyn was never mentioned to fight against shadow isles, we don't know the precise "effect" of having the soul removed from a body ON SHADOW ISLES (the place where the dead goes) is. Shadow isles is a strange place where the dead/undead thrives, which begs a question: what happens if you die on shadow isles?

Now, assume that Evelyn IS Senna. Senna's job when she was alive is to kill the likes of Evelyn, yet, when she became a soulless shell, her viewpoint must have changed. She hates her kind even more, yet, she is one herself. This irony might explain the reference "She wouldn't want me to come after her", meaning she wouldn't want him to go around with her as she is ashamed of herself, yet she makes Lucian kill even more undeads cause of her hatred of the undead which made her undead....

This can also relate to the reason why she smiles when people ask if she's from the shadow isles.... She IS and she ISN'T at the same time in a sense.

Does this make sense to everyone?
please post your reply on what you think of my hypothesis.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorRush

Senior Member

08-24-2013

It would give Eve a background that made sense. The problem is that Eve apparently has a soul, because she's a champion, which means that her summoner can connect to something. She also drops a soul for Thresh when she dies in game ... I think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoRemover

Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRush View Post
It would give Eve a background that made sense. The problem is that Eve apparently has a soul, because she's a champion, which means that her summoner can connect to something. She also drops a soul for Thresh when she dies in game ... I think.
Than again, there is sejuani who only drops one soul when she's riding a bear/pig


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morec0

Senior Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by loliconjuiceOP View Post
Than again, there is sejuani who only drops one soul when she's riding a bear/pig
Her pig is also not considered "intelligent", whereas Nunu's Yeti is. Hence why the Yeti drops a soul but the pig does not.

Honestly, I dislike the idea of Evelyn being Senna's body. Why do you want to connect a mysterious and unique character to Lucian by making her have been someone else? Heck, this theory makes it that she isn't even a real person! Just a lack of a person, so if Lucian wins what will happen to her?

It's much more interesting to think of a where she may have come from WITHOUT connecting her to the Senna and Lucian. But that's just me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
Her pig is also not considered "intelligent", whereas Nunu's Yeti is. Hence why the Yeti drops a soul but the pig does not.

Honestly, I dislike the idea of Evelyn being Senna's body. Why do you want to connect a mysterious and unique character to Lucian by making her have been someone else? Heck, this theory makes it that she isn't even a real person! Just a lack of a person, so if Lucian wins what will happen to her?

It's much more interesting to think of a where she may have come from WITHOUT connecting her to the Senna and Lucian. But that's just me.
I stand with you with this one. It would be rather bad writing if they did it that way. Too simple, and besides Eve has so much more going for her. I doubt a souless husk of a body would take as much pleasure in what she is capable of doing.

Nothing Eve does either would fit what we do know of Lucian's wife.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArcticSirius

Senior Member

08-24-2013

They're thinking of re-conning Eve as something (possibly half-darkin) for her VU


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

URAMOOSE

Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Though Evelyn was never mentioned to fight against shadow isles, we don't know the precise "effect" of having the soul removed from a body ON SHADOW ISLES (the place where the dead goes) is. Shadow isles is a strange place where the dead/undead thrives, which begs a question: what happens if you die on shadow isles?
This may be a bit of a blunt observation on my part, but the Twisted Treeline is on the Shadow Isles. Champions do still die, and Thresh still does collect souls there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoRemover

Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by URAMOOSE View Post
This may be a bit of a blunt observation on my part, but the Twisted Treeline is on the Shadow Isles. Champions do still die, and Thresh still does collect souls there.
if you go by that, shouldn't it make the whole soul collecting thing a bit outrageous since the champions DO still come back alive even when their souls are already collected? I think that the lore DO still need to be partially apart from the game itself... or else... a lot of champs won't be able to even work on the same team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoRemover

Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Arcadia View Post
I stand with you with this one. It would be rather bad writing if they did it that way. Too simple, and besides Eve has so much more going for her. I doubt a souless husk of a body would take as much pleasure in what she is capable of doing.

Nothing Eve does either would fit what we do know of Lucian's wife.
than again, nothing Karthus does fits really well with his lore back before he entered shadow isles.... Back than, he didn't even have magic powers! He got his magic of oblivion in the shadow isles which, I have to say, Evelyn's magic looks closer to magic of oblivion than karthus'.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoRemover

Member

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSirius View Post
They're thinking of re-conning Eve as something (possibly half-darkin) for her VU
I tried searching it up where it even mentions eve being darkin or anything related, and only got this:
http://ww.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegen...ibly_a_darkin/

it's just a person's random suggestion, as evelyn resembles nothing like that of aatrox, yet, it IS true that they both have vampiric abilities and dark skin... but think about it... if this statement is true, doesn't that make people like valdimir or fiddlestick turn to a darkin as well?

talking bout darkins, we once thought morganna and kayle were amongst the list of the 5 darkins, yet, that is yet to be identified as quoted by riot raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRaven View Post
They wouldn't be called angels. As they are from another world, they are referred to only as an ancient race of winged beings. We do reference Morgana as the Fallen Angel in her title, but that is only a description.
This has a closer description to that of a darkin don't you think?


12