Is AD Elise Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfmor

02-02-2013

I'm really tempted to buy Elise but I'm not a fan of AP, can she be played like Nidalee where she builds like a tanky bruiser or is this out of the question?

Another thing is I usually Jungle > Bot > Top > Mid and I know her AP jungle is viable but how is she as an AD Jungler? I'm not expecting her to be top tier but as long as she's not as slow as someone like Alistar I'll be interested.

Pobbes

02-02-2013

tanky > yes, bruiser > yes, AD > no. Build a little spell penetration with haunting guise/liandry's then build all tank. Since Elise's damage scales off your opponents hp, she doesn't really need offensive stats that much. Just tank it up and play her as a bruiser. Just a warning, Elise does not have as much of a team presence as other bruisers because most of her abilities are very singe target focus, and she does not peel well with just one skill shot CC. So, she won't be viable like this in every team comp. Otherwise, have a ball with her.

In jungle build wriggle's then tanky. Elise never needs any AD. Ever, The spirit of the wraith might also be viable on her, but I'm not entirely sure. It would seem to fit what she needs very well, and I think her clear times are actually pretty high, so she might not actually need wriggle's. I'd defer to someone else's wisdom on this actually.

doomed2death

02-02-2013

You can also try an on-hit build with her if you really prefer attacking. (it's pretty fun since her ultimate scales her damage off of AP).

Try a Malady and Nashor's Tooth.

Finish off with, say, Deathcap and Void Staff and you can actually deal some pretty large damage. Of course, tanking is probably more efficient.

Killiminati

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

What I do is get the mask (sorry forgot the name) and then just build warmogs and more tanky items

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

AD is not really very good on Elise. You are basically turning her into a Bad version of Xin, except with early game poke.

Her gapcloser is amazing (though no slow and no damage). About equal to xin in overall utility but xins charge is way better for kicking ass.

Her AS steroid is amazing, though it is very short duration and no lifesteal. Not as good as xin.

Her Q/gapcloser is decent. Xins damage boost and knockup AND -CDR effect is overall a bit better.

Xin has an awesome ult dealing lots of burst and giving up to 125 armor/MR! Elise has...uh... human form where she does a stun and a bit of poke.

Xin has way better STATS such as health for being a bruiser.

Elise is best played as a tanky AP, since literally ALL her stuff scales off of AP, including spider damage and onhit damage, as well as spells. She also has NO SLOW which limits her early ability to use spiderform effectively (exclusively). Early game she stays mostly in human form.

--------------
addendum: Tanky AP actually will play similar to Tanky AD. Say you have 300 AP with Rylais, Guise, sorc shoes, Zhonyas, Abyssal, whatever.
You will still be able to slow enemies when you rappel and Q onto them. You get 90 onhit dmg in spiderform which is a Bloodthirster worth. Each of 5 spiderlings gets 30 onhit dmg. Your Q is a 200+17% execute.
So you STILL have decent melee capabilities even as AP. The difference is that you also have a strong Spiderbomb poke, a really strong Q to soften up high health targets and your E,Q,W combo in human form hits really hard.