Archangel's Staff or Manamune

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

juicycoaster

02-02-2013

Hey Guys,
recently i have seen a lot of ryze, who built their teers into Manamune, including scarra from dignitas. My Question is why doenst they built it into Archangel staff? What is better Manamune or Archangel staff? what is the advantage or disadvantage?

P.S.: sorry for my bad english. I am exchange student from germany in america

FlowyS

02-02-2013

Manamune, which turns into Muramana, is more offensive while Archangel's Staff, which turns into Seraph's Embrace, is more defensive. It is a matter of either offense or defense.

Pobbes

02-02-2013

The reason people build Manamune on Ryze is because of the Muramana. The muramana deals a percentage of his current Mana on attack and single target spells. All of Ryze's spells are single target spells, and they all scale off of his mana pool already. So, Muramana provides additional mana scaling damage on all his spells, and Ryze basically builds all mana anyways. This allows him to still do additional damage with his mana heavy tank builds which is more than the small bump to AP he gets from Archangel's/Seraph's since his AP scaling isn't that impressive.

juicycoaster

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobbes View Post
The reason people build Manamune on Ryze is because of the Muramana. The muramana deals a percentage of his current Mana on attack and single target spells. All of Ryze's spells are single target spells, and they all scale off of his mana pool already. So, Muramana provides additional mana scaling damage on all his spells, and Ryze basically builds all mana anyways. This allows him to still do additional damage with his mana heavy tank builds which is more than the small bump to AP he gets from Archangel's/Seraph's since his AP scaling isn't that impressive.
yeah that makes a lot of sense. thx.

Pobbes

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicycoaster View Post
yeah that makes a lot of sense. thx.
Always glad to help

doomed2death

02-02-2013

Also keep in mind that Manamune gives more sustained DPS (just normal attacks can HURT with a fully built Ryze). And that manamune takes less mp to build up so...

I usually build both but Manamune first since the raw damage outplays any sort of attempted tanking as Ryze.