Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PermanentPMS

Junior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpk View Post
this is the third time i've been over 90, just won a 45 minute game that we barely won, got 2 points going from 93 to 95.

Wtf, lol. 1 loss takes be back to 7x and i will again get 3 points when i get to 90. Gl with that system riot.

lol!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Escalibor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-04-2013

I dropped from Silver Season 1 and 2 to Bronze Div II because of obscene amount of trolls. My first 10 unranked games went 3 wins 7 loses.

The problem with division promotion is that in order to get to 100LP you need to win from whatever LP you're at...say 90. You win, get to 100 and you're in promotion series. The only problem is 2 out of 3 + 1 win to get there means 3 wins out of 4. 75% win rate to get promotion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bolby

Senior Member

02-04-2013

I am with-staining due to complaints I hear from friends and the community. After they decide to tweak it I may rejoin it. I have won 2 games in a row so far, and don't want to plummet from a single loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tidal Tempest

Junior Member

02-04-2013

yeah i hate the new system for one reason. i am going though the promotion matches lost the first because of a lee sin who just threw the match :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NBG SoBe

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.

Ok, I see your point that you feel like the Promotion series are working as intended, but let me give you some of my experiences as a player in this.

1. I went 7-0 my first 7 games. I got to 100 league points, my first game, someone goes AFK. I know have only 2 games that I must win to go up, the AFK game was done, over with, there was no coming back. We were outnumbered, out gold gained, and they had better roam because of it. Now I have to win two games in a row. first game, play well, win the game. second game, game goes ok, but at end of game, two people get caught out by enemy team, and they take baron and push to win 40 minutes in. loss. I drop down to ~35 LP. what? thats an LP loss of 65. That seems harsh.

Not only that, but previous game, I had 2 Bronze division III players, while also having a teammate that was in his Promotion series for going up to Silver IV. They went afk, never connected until 16 minutes in, and spammed laugh when they did. We lose, and now he doesn't get promoted. How did bronze players in a division 3 lower than mine, get into a provisional game to go up a division? Why are we even played with bronze players? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the matchmaking split up into the divisions? So if your in Silver, you only play with Silver? If your in bronze you only play with bronze, until your up for your provisional games? Then in the provisionals, your provisionally upgraded to the next tier for 5 games, and all games are played with silver, and if you win three of five your considered silver? I mean I get that it would end making for longer queue times. But I mean it makes sense to me. Also, having people never drop out of a spot in Silver, Bronze, Gold, seems to cause issues. Your going to eventually have a creep where a lot of players get into Silver or Gold, and then sit at the bottom of their tier for long periods of time. I mean, you don't have to notify us, but if you lose enough games over a period of time, couldn't you eventually drop into Bronze division 1 from Silver division 5?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guges

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSG SoBe View Post
Ok, I see your point that you feel like the Promotion series are working as intended, but let me give you some of my experiences as a player in this.

1. I went 7-0 my first 7 games. I got to 100 league points, my first game, someone goes AFK. I know have only 2 games that I must win to go up, the AFK game was done, over with, there was no coming back. We were outnumbered, out gold gained, and they had better roam because of it. Now I have to win two games in a row. first game, play well, win the game. second game, game goes ok, but at end of game, two people get caught out by enemy team, and they take baron and push to win 40 minutes in. loss. I drop down to ~35 LP. what? thats an LP loss of 65. That seems harsh.

Not only that, but previous game, I had 2 Bronze division III players, while also having a teammate that was in his Promotion series for going up to Silver IV. They went afk, never connected until 16 minutes in, and spammed laugh when they did. We lose, and now he doesn't get promoted. How did bronze players in a division 3 lower than mine, get into a provisional game to go up a division? Why are we even played with bronze players? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the matchmaking split up into the divisions? So if your in Silver, you only play with Silver? If your in bronze you only play with bronze, until your up for your provisional games? Then in the provisionals, your provisionally upgraded to the next tier for 5 games, and all games are played with silver, and if you win three of five your considered silver? I mean I get that it would end making for longer queue times. But I mean it makes sense to me. Also, having people never drop out of a spot in Silver, Bronze, Gold, seems to cause issues. Your going to eventually have a creep where a lot of players get into Silver or Gold, and then sit at the bottom of their tier for long periods of time. I mean, you don't have to notify us, but if you lose enough games over a period of time, couldn't you eventually drop into Bronze division 1 from Silver division 5?

You would think you would only play with people in your tier or division...not with anyone from below them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowDog7

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guges View Post
There is just too much randomness to solo/duo play to punish players and dropping them a division down after they've moved up.
Don't worry. Another feature of this retarded system is that there will be much less players in a few months. Because people will... and SHOULD.... rage quit after losing a division that they were forced to play "Division Series" matches for.

You know what would be nice Riot? Your matchmaking system not being retarded.

Your division of medal ranks by population not being retarded.

Your new "promotion" system not being retarded.

The whole thing is full 'tard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowDog7

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by guges View Post
you would think you would only play with people in your tier or division...not with anyone from below them.
troll! And more trolls! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenrisufr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Going to address some misconceptions here:

1. Outside of the specific exception you mention in point #2, this situation is impossible.
2. This can happen in Division I when your MMR isn't high enough to qualify for the next tier. It's necessary because tier upgrades are permanent, and letting people go up a tier that they aren't ready for will cause a bunch of players permanently stuck at the bottom of Division V.
3. Incorrect, it calculates LP gains and losses as normal and place you back into the standings based on that. If you go 1-2 in the series, you'll have ~80 LP afterwards.
4. It's impossible to be demoted for the first few games after making it to a new division.

I agree that the Division I situation feels pretty frustrating right now. The fact that your LP gains are clamped until you've passed some additional checks is necessary, but the fact that you still lose full LP amounts on a loss makes it seem like a single loss is erasing 3 or 4 wins (when behind the scenes it actually isn't). There's room for improvement there.
Yegg I'm sorry but you are so full of it. No one cares how it was MEANT to be, and we are all sick and tired of you calling us out as lairs, go play some ranked games, then tell us we're wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowDog7

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordVsKeith View Post
Hope you realise people who are 1500 elo have been placed with 980 players this patch
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Riot should fire the person responsible for this. I know they won't, cause he is a nice guy. Or socially dominant. Who cares. Let it burn, baby. Let it burn.

NOTE:
This isn't my first 'tard fest. I know with absolute certainty internal riot personal pointed out that this was insane. That it was all insane. But powerful social dominance ruled the day. Much like Rift and the Gersh. Or whatever idiot thought up the "ability wheel" for The Secret World.

So I know it won't be fixed.