Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whigsplitta

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We've talked about this, but the problem with it is that it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion. Would you be motivated to log in and play ranked during that? I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother.

The flipside of course is that it makes it feel like the demotion was a lot more fair when it does happen.

How do people feel about this?
You mean having to fight for what is yours ?

How can that possibly be demoralizing..

Arknox

02-03-2013

@ Yegg, I was gold rank in preseason, started the season off in Silver, what gives?

Dotislav Pro

02-03-2013

When will the system be improved ?

system is not working how you have imagined.

Slyhidden

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinspurch View Post
I cant play a single Ranked match without my prefered roles being called out by 2-3 other people, then im stuck in a bad situation, i either log out and dodge queue or get forced into playing my 2 weakest roles. I dodge one game, thats 5 min, i dodge a 2nd game after 7 hours and it turns into 30 min wait. WTF is that?
Stop dodging and learn to play other roles properly. Everybody wins.

Frazone

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
lucky streak=not getting intentional feeders in your prom games.

Auspexa

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.
Behind the scenes Tribunal is also working as intended while all it does is forcing repeat offenders to troll on low level accounts.

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Are you planning on making the LP gains smaller for players in which the system see's as weaker players, or just scaling down the points so that the number of wins the matchmaker needs, will better coordinate with the correct number of points

InertBlowfish

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazone View Post
lucky streak=not getting intentional feeders in your prom games.
Was gold and had a bad streak before preseason ended.

Get placed in Silver II

Streaks aren't always luck

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23249939#history

Carry dat ****.

???

Profit.

BigPoppaFudge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

What if reaching the bottom of a division on a cold streak triggered a best of 3 to keep you in the division? This May make the "best case scenario is status quo" situation justified. It would also give functionality, besides aesthetic appeal, to atleast a portion of streaks

Boomcraggle

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
Lots of people are trying, lots of people know that they are better than the division they are in but they keep getting screwed over by people who deserved to be in that division , i know me and my friend are in at least good for silver division but sadly we are bronzed, last night we carried our games but still loss cause other people were feeding or throwing the game, we loss like 6 games last night and haven't won one