Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MormonDiscoBall

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
don't quite understand the hate on you, but although i'm bronze tier, 4th division...what this means, is that if I actually start to get better, I will have earned my spot in 3rd division, 2nd, 1st, and possibly move into silver tier.

What it means, is that you are gaining experience in playing, and learning how to correctly play in harder divisions/ tiers so on and so forth.

Kids just want to be handed their rank on a silver platter, without having to put in the work.

tl;dr

get better, then you earn your place among the ranks

Shuix

02-02-2013

Hey that's really nice logic...

"Oh you're at 92 points and about to move up? I'm going to put a troll in one game, a DC in another and in your last game I'll put a duo that feeds to make things even for you." - Riot matchmaking.

SQUATSbrah

02-02-2013

there was nothing wrong with the old system

I laughed when they said the whole 'oh you're rankd 15,000 out of 300,000' bull****. I had NEVER heard ANYONE complain about that type of feeling.

what I did hear people complain about were the trolls during champ select and I did hear the suggestion of a votekick during champ select. The base problems were never looked at. Rather a new subpar system was added with the old problems still persisting and continuing to plague the ranked scene.

Bullettime7

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the hand View Post
I have a 53% win rate and dropped a division, I realize that's barely above 50% but that's still super ****ty feeling.
And honestly this is the problem. A 53% win rate in a division should result in you staying in that division as that's where you'll get the best matches for your skill level. Riot has even stated in the past that a roughly 50-50 win rate is the ultimate goal of the matchmaking system as that will provide the most competitive games for you.

Having a 53% win rate and getting DEMOTED is a smack in the face. With the current system's skewed LP gains/losses, you need about an 80% win rate to advannce and a 65-70 just to stay even.

God help you if you finally reach a game before your playoff promotion series and get a troll/leaver in your game and you lose 27 LP and have to grind up multiple games again, praying you don't have another troll.

xTuned

02-02-2013

Quote:
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
No thanks jeff, I was on a 50/50 win ratio then dropped a division, and need to play 5 games to make up for the 1 game I had lost to get back where I was previously.

Cute One

02-02-2013

Quote:

Problem with this is not every single person is a competitive freak. Yes you should need to be to get diamond / plat blah blah but not everyone is striving for that.

I myself am but someone else may not.

The issue is you're talking about an INSANE amount of games to move up an entire tier.

Just a BASIC example using what I've seen in previous posts.

Assume a ~20 LP Gain for wins and assume you win all games.

Div 5->Div 4.
5 Games for LP.
2 Games for Moving up a division.
Div 4->Div 3.
5 Games for LP.
Div 3->Div 2
5 Games for LP.
Div 2->Div 1
5 Games for LP
2 Games for moving up a division.
Div 1->New Tier
5 Games for LP
3 Games for moving up a tier.

Assuming you win EVERY GAME and you actually get 20 LP for a win(unlikely).
That is 36 games.

If you factor in a 2-1 win / loss ratio. Assume 20 LP for a win -15 for a Loss you start to see the insane amount of games to move up a tier.

Div 5->Div 4.
12 Games for LP.
Div 4->Div 3.
12 Games for LP.
Div 3->Div 2.
12 Games for LP.
Div 2->Div 1.
12 Games for LP.
Div 1->New Tier.
12 Games for LP.
4 Games for Moving up a division.

Thats 72 Games.

Slithan

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the hand View Post
I have a 53% win rate and dropped a division, I realize that's barely above 50% but that's still super ****ty feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTuned View Post
No thanks jeff, I was on a 50/50 win ratio then dropped a division, and need to play 5 games to make up for the 1 game I had lost to get back where I was previously.
^THIS^. A player with a >50% Win rate should NEVER GO DOWN OVERALL.

Numot

02-02-2013

Quote:

Except you still have not done much to fix elo hell, or undo the crime you commited against low elo in season 2. If the crime has slipped your mid it was when "Your current elo is your top elo." Thank you for that, players like me that actually came out ok in placement matchs, I had a 1203, then make a few mistakes with rank play, solo top Fiora after everyone learned to counter her, and you end up elo hell. Sure, it was not so bad, I had that top elo that showed it was just bad luck that got me there. Then you took that away.

Then you did not give us the life line of the reset, the do over you gave people at the start of season 2. Now your new system places us based on our FAKE top elo instead of the REAL top elo we earned. What you are doing to the lower lvls of ranked is a crime. So what if a full reset puts everyone in the same boat to start. So what everyone starts rank 1200. So what pro players play with new players. Most non pro players would kill for a chance to play with a learn from the pros, our idols.

You took that away from everyone. You left low elo players to the mercy of the trolls. Your dodge system still has only manage to encourage trolls more. They will force more dodges then before now, and it was already at a record high from when you "fixed it" the first time. When do the crimes against low elo end?

A Retarded Clown

02-02-2013

what's more important is that you've killed champion ranked stats..a very important and fun aspect of the game.

TheStrelok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithan View Post
^THIS^. A player with a >50% Win rate should NEVER GO DOWN OVERALL.
What division was the drop from though? Silver to Bronze?

In the Elo method, people close to 50% were Bronze. Just like with Elo, is it in fact possible that you belong there?

Just a thought.