Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion
So don't call it a series, just call it a grace period that activates every time you drop to 0 LP.

As far as people not wanting to play in a "save my rank" series, how is that any worse than not wanting to play once they hit 0 LP?

DreMLoK

03-19-2013

new league system is ****

GirlsxGeneration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Can we just get Elo back?

Dogtard

03-19-2013

People forget one fundamental flaw in their logic when they complain about feeders/trolls/leavers etc.

Where there is potential for one of these players to appear on your team, there is an equal chance that there will also be one on the other team. Given the amount everyone is talking/complaining about these people it is not unreasonable to say that there may be one or more of them on each team per game.

Given this there should be little or no impact from feeders, trolls etc. on your rank or progress.

Also, assuming that you are not a troll, feeder or leaver that leaves 4 potential "bad" players on your team and up to 5 on the other team. In theory, then, the presence of these people in the community should actually help increase your rank.

I also encourage people to differentiate between players who are intentionally griefing and those who are simply unskilled or are having a bad game. I doubt that there is someone who has never lost a lane or missed an easy kill/tower/baron/whatever.

Furthermore, you say you want to improve your rank. This suggests you believe you should be ranked higher than you currently are, therefore the people you are playing with should be less skilled than you. This includes players on your team.

ArbatrazSquizz

03-19-2013

Yegg, way back when the new system launched, I believe I was placed in Silver IV. I fell to Silver V quickly (2 losses in a row), and then quickly got repromoted to IV. I was dropped back to Silver V upon losing my very first match of Silver IV.

I am currently not playing ranked because I live in perpetual fear that one loss will knock me back down a division. I know the argument here is "well, if you have the skill, you'll eventually rise," but this isn't the case. In the previous systems, I was a steady climber (20-40 ELO a week, though once a month I'd have a spike week where I'd gain/lose 200 ELO).

In this, I stay terrified to play ranked because one loss can undo several games worth of work.

I know I'm not alone in feeling deterred from playing ranked in the new system. I get to watch my friends, who say I am a better player than them, climb the ladder simply because they are lucking out on their matches (as in they aren't 4v5). Because I am low in Silver IV, I'm scared to play.

That doesn't indicate a healthy system to me.

Viscario

03-24-2013

This new system is such ****. I'm in Bronze I trying my best to climb and I can win 60% of games consistently week after week, but i'm now at 85 LP attempting to get into the best of 5 series and every win I only get 5 lp, and every loss i lose 15 LP. This means to go from 85 LP to even get to the best of 5I need to win 3 games in a row, and then win another best of 5 after that. I've won two in a row and gotten to 95 LP and then lost one nad bam 15 LP reduction down to 80 and its another 4 or 5 games to even get close to the promo series again. What in the actual ****?

Swaggiezz

03-24-2013

I lost one game with 0 LP and I got demoted. Do I not get a little grace period? I used to lose at least 2/3 games before I got demoted with 0 LP.

Keun Boseu

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

How is this comment not below the rating threshold yet? lol

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keun Boseu View Post
How is this comment not below the rating threshold yet? lol
Because Red. But fools will make foolish decisions, and that leads to what we now know as the League Ranking system.

latepopcorn

04-03-2013

Currently bronze 1, (was 1310 before this and placed in bronze 2) I went up to 92 points it even said so I checked numerous times, then at that moment i decided to play a normal game with a premade of 4 of my friends and when we lost i dont know how, i went down to 82. I was quite pissed if you asked me losing that many points for no reason (not sure if the normal game was the cause, just happened after the game) and then when i won i went up to 84, won again went to 89. I then won again and went back to 92. Why such low points when i got around 25+ at like 30 points.. Does the MMR hate me or is this system needs some fixes... I dont think im just winning because of luck, im on a hot streak and that may be the thing the MMR may be giving me such low points to prevent lucky streaks but thats some bull **** im winning fair and square -.-