Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jjackson5150

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szase View Post
Now I don't like being an ****** but I just looked at one of the games your complaining about. You went 0/11/4 with a ghost/flash cait. That IE before getting any form of attackspeed. While your partner went 1/9/1. That is an incredible loss. (I'm assuming you were bottom) There was also an Urgot on your team which tells me there was a disagreement on who would be ADC. And nobody would compromise. You lost very hard to their Eve. Their ashe was DC'd so it was a 4v5, and all of their team mates had severe advantages on you.

When you lose a match that drastically against a team with a player disadvantage, just shows a need for the members of your team to rejudge their abilities and maybe practice your skills in a different environment.

The enemy players have a similar hidden MMR, meaning they get similar amounts of wins/losses for their total games played yet they dominated your team, you obviously aren't in the ranking your skill level says you should be.

Annnt Wrong. Well you know what they say when you ASS U ME.

1. I had plenty of attack speed before I got the IE. My runes give me 28% atk speed, Beserker Greaves is 20% . Caits base atk speed is .668.
2. There was no disagreement over roles. I was ADC bot. Urgot was top. Thats who he chose to top with. theres no rules saying that top lane can not be a adc champ.
3. Yes their Eve got fed but that was because we were getting double ganked. My support was not warding (I actualy bought more wards than they did) and our mid and top were lagging and not calling mias. I believe they had a Khazix too and we would get ganked by him and eve at the same time.

So yeah messed up games happen. But your reply to my post had NOTHING TO do with my post.

How I did in a game that my team lost has NOTHING to do with how many LP points I lost.

I was complaining about how what I see with my own eyes on how many points are given and taken does not back up what is said In the Q&A's by the people who made the system.

They stat that if you win more games than you lose you will move up.

My last 9 ranked games i was 7-2, 7 straight wins and then 2 losses and after thoes 2 losses i had less points than were i started.

How is that moving up?

And on top of that after my 7th win i was at 98 LP, NO ONE should have to win 8 games in a row just to get the CHANCE to qualify. You have to win 2 of 3 to promote.

So basicly on that run lets say i won that 8th game in a row and got the 2 LP i needed. Now i have to win 2 of 3.

So the worse i could of done during that streak was 10-1. to move up a leauge.

They say the system is designed to make sure you "earned it."

Damit i know i earned it during the 7 game win streak, some of thoes were come behind wins. Maybe 1 or 2 of them was a game with no issues as far as people fighting, dc, afks.

So anyway like i said, you cant point out one game i did terrible in and reply to what i was talking about when how you play in the game does not factor into the points you win or lose.

My main point was 1 or 2 losses should not completely whipe out 5 games worth of wins. That is the complete opposite of what the people who made the system explain in the Q&A's.

Linchiko

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson5150 View Post

How is that moving up?

And on top of that after my 7th win i was at 98 LP, NO ONE should have to win 8 games in a row just to get the CHANCE to qualify. You have to win 2 of 3 to promote.

So basicly on that run lets say i won that 8th game in a row and got the 2 LP i needed. Now i have to win 2 of 3.

So the worse i could of done during that streak was 10-1. to move up a leauge.

They say the system is designed to make sure you "earned it."

Damit i know i earned it during the 7 game win streak, some of thoes were come behind wins. Maybe 1 or 2 of them was a game with no issues as far as people fighting, dc, afks.

So anyway like i said, you cant point out one game i did terrible in and reply to what i was talking about when how you play in the game does not factor into the points you win or lose.

My main point was 1 or 2 losses should not completely whipe out 5 games worth of wins. That is the complete opposite of what the people who made the system explain in the Q&A's.
you go up in hidden MMR if you win more than you lose, therefore you have and fight better people, so in a way you go up. When I was at Bronze l, I was fighting with and against Silver Tiers and that was easier. I droped down to Bronze ll because I got unlucky like most and lost 10 in a row, at 56 LP I had to win 10 in a row no losses to go to Silver V, no regrets.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34977229#history

you probably should stop using soraka, she doesn't seem to be helping you much anyways

TSM Redmagejake

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

but when i get a losing streak (which happens more than winning STREAKS) the system doesnt do squat to make sure i didnt earn that..... please explain pl0x

iWillTakeDis

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.
I have an idea.

Bring back ****ing elo

korean dino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

i cant say i like the new system. on my main acc i am currently gold 5 but for some odd reason i cant seem to pull from silver 4-_- like in the old elo system i pulled out of 1200's like it was nothing but this is harder cuase like the 3 games to play to get promoted is seriously all dependant on if u get lucky and get at least 2 ppls that can actually play the lanes they instalock........ the best part about this new system is that u get matched with peoples from gold 5 even if your silver 4........like this system suck old elo is so much better in my opinion.......

KinkyPinkyPie

03-08-2013

either way me personally don't enjoy being in bronze its like a pool of toxic players your thrown into with no life coat then told well get better.... I'm done with any ranked.

Spawnblade

03-08-2013

I hated the new system at first, but it has grown on me quite a bit. -Feels- more forgiving than the old one, and really rewards big win streaks in a way the old one didn't. Punishes you harder for big loss streaks though as well. Still, it means someone who got exceptionally boned at placement, but who can then carry 20 games in a row is going to jump up -much- faster than if it was by the old linear ELO system where you just got ~10 elo per game.

Kazielle

03-08-2013

I 1000% don't want to play ranked anymore. It is so disheartening to play SO many games just to get to gold, when before I could have reached it in a few days with the amount of games and wins I had. I climbed from Silver IV to Silver I, then lost a single game on zero and dropped back to Silver I. I've had 7 game win streaks at like 50 points and not even get to promos, but I lose one game on 0 points and get dropped a division, then lose 20 LP for a loss and gain 7LP for a win?

You are disrespecting my time, Riot. Don't tell me to win 40 more games to raise my MMR so that I start moving. Let me start moving because I am WINNING more than I am LOSING. The rest of the world agrees that you should go up when you win and down when you lose. Not you should win five in a row, then lose 1 game and be lower than you were at the beginning of your five-game win streak. How many games exactly do you expect me to win in order to increase my MMR? Because I've been playing more LOL than I'm comfortable with and still having a hard time going up despite my positive win ratio.

Also, when I duo with a Diamond they gain more LP than I do when we're beating Plat players, and lose less than I do for losing. How is that fair? I'm Silver, jesus.

Anyway, ultimately my feeling is that Riot has zero respect for my time, and expects me to play an ungodly amount of games to raise my MMR despite my positive win ratio. When I duo with Diamonds and win games without getting carried, I know I don't deserve to be in Silver, and yet apparently the system thinks I don't even deserve Silver I. When I think about playing ranked now, I just get immense feelings of frustration and usually do something else. I don't mind earning my title, but I mind the system telling me that me winning more than losing isn't enough to prove I deserve to be higher than I am. Especially when I lose one game on zero and drop a division and my friend loses eight in a row on zero in Diamond III and doesn't drop.

Ragnar42

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.
I don't know if you don't know where to look when it comes to feedback about what's going on. but you could open your eyes and look at the forums... Tons of feedback going on there.

I'm terrible.. I have no problem being in Bronze 4. Actually I do have a problem with it. I'm convinced I was placed too high. But what I do know, is that I do not, in any way shape or form enjoy the thought of playing ranked. It's not even appealing. Because of this current system.

I'm more motivated to freefall to the aluminum division just to see how bad it is down there.

bliu23

03-08-2013

If anyone is curious about my situation, I climbed pretty high in Elo during the preseason and couldn't play ranked the beginning of Season 3. My MMR was way higher than my League Point rating, so I was, as Platinum 1, constantly paired with and against Diamond 1-3. Nobody lower. I gained upwards of 40 LP to about 20 LP, and lost no more than 15. I guess for me, it worked out. I was at 90 LP and 91 LP, won each time and go to my promotion series.

I'm not too sure how it works for others, but I can see how frustrating it must be.