Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmfgTheSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzznake Doctur View Post
So what about the FAR MORE COMMON, ***UNLUCKY*** STREAKS then?

I can probably count the number of "lucky streaks" I've had in 2 years of playing LOL on ONE ****ING HAND.

The number of bull**** team mate, feeder, AFKer, UNLUCKY streaks I've had? WHO ****IN KNOWS -- A COUPLE DOZEN PROLLY?

Referring to those streaks where u lose 10 games in a row, no matter how well you play.

Referring to being MATCHED WITH SAME DUO Q FEEDERS 5 GAMES IN A ROW. IF SOMEONE GOES 2/10 3 GAMES IN A ****ING ROW, ***STOP MATCHING ME WITH THEM***
Positive K/D/A in 1 of his last 10 games on his smurf.
complains when he gets matched with bad people l0l

Szase

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCriminale View Post
Elo Hell is worse than ever before.

If you have the same luck as me and get 7 AFK/Intentional Feeders out of your 10 your placement games you might as well not play ranked until season 4 rolls around. No way you're going to recover from that ****.
I doubt you have that many intentional feeders, and what you actually have are players that are losing. This is a common misconception. A player that is trying but losing isn't intentionally feeding, they are just doing poorly.

If in these games you used your great skills to assist this losing player. Gave suggestions and generally helped instead of labeling a feeder you'd probably do better.

I've been called a feeder several times, almost any time I don't dominate my lane I'm a feeder to someone. If both me and my lane opponent go 4/4/0 because every fight we both die I'm a 'feeder' because my deaths are the highest on the team.

An intentional feeder will run in and allow the enemies to kill them to purposely help them win.

A player running into a 1v3 because there were 3 enemies in a brush isn't a feeder, sure they are a face checker, sure they are low on skill and should probably try playing normals more, but that's basically what bronze is full of, players that are playing ranked but aren't ready to. The enemy team has just as many as your team does. And you can take advantage of that.

You only see the bad players on your own team. If you go 8/0 in a game you are amazing and destroyed the enemy. If your ally goes 0/8 they suck and are terrible. You winning means your lane opponents team mates are going "WTF feeder! Why you so noob!" While you do the same for your team mates that aren't winning.

LeCriminale

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szase View Post
I doubt you have that many intentional feeders,
Your doubt does not change reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szase View Post
The enemy team has just as many as your team does. And you can take advantage of that.
This is another commonly toted fallacy that simply doesn't pan out when you expand on it. Due to the random nature of player distribution there will always be a team with drastically different skill levels at the lower elo due to the larger player pool.

To say that you'll always be the only skilled player in a game of 9 other people is ridiculous.

If you stand by your assertion of "carry harder" I'd like to see you win a ranked game while I AFK in the nexus well.

Or feed like this guy.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3200368

Or achieve victory while throughout the game I make plays like this constantly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It5S3IwQTrM

I can assure you, you will lose every time. The carry hard rhetoric works in theory but fails in practice.

jjackson5150

03-07-2013

Seriously TOTAL BS. Like i said in my last post i was at 98 lp, i got 35, 36, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4 on a 7 game ranked win streak to get to 98 LP, i lose 1 F ing game and go down 25 which whiped out my last 4 wins total.......

Which means ill most likely get that same 4-6 lp for my next 4 to 5 wins which is stupid because soon as i lose again it will whipe it right out.

just BS

jjackson5150

03-07-2013

now add -22 to that.

lol its such a bad system i cant help but laugh, but seriously, i spend money on this. And im done with it.

27 points for last 5 wins, then i lose 2 games and lose 47 combined. SMDH

Szase

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCriminale View Post
Your doubt does not change reality.

This is another commonly toted fallacy that simply doesn't pan out when you expand on it. Due to the random nature of player distribution there will always be a team with drastically different skill levels at the lower elo due to the larger player pool.

To say that you'll always be the only skilled player in a game of 9 other people is ridiculous.

If you stand by your assertion of "carry harder" I'd like to see you win a ranked game while I AFK in the nexus well.

Or feed like this guy.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3200368

Or achieve victory while throughout the game I make plays like this constantly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It5S3IwQTrM

I can assure you, you will lose every time. The carry hard rhetoric works in theory but fails in practice.
Just look at my match history, I have gone through everything you mention, I've won some, I've lost some, but I don't consider it impossible to get out, I've been helping a friend get out of bronze, he was bottom bronze 5. Since mid feb playing ~ 3 games per session with ~ 3 sessions a week we got him to bronze 3. Yeah its slow, we get some bad games, but its not impossible, and the losses are always close, where the victories are usually guaranteed for my team. We had a night with a total of 4 afk players in our 3 games. We won 2 of them, and lost the third, 4v5 isn't that bad as long as you end it early, use your level advantage.

I've dealt with the skill level you speak of and I've carried. I see the mistakes all of the players make, but I get myself and my friend enough of a lead that it doesn't matter that our bot has 9 deaths by 15 mins, because I have 9 kills by that time against their middle, top and jungler.

If you want to go to my match history and mention all of my losses I will tell you why we lost. All but one I made some obvious mistakes that if I hadn't it would have been a win. Every loss (save for the Yi at the top, my game client crashed and I couldnt reconnect, happened to alot of people that night, my team won but i got leaver) was due to mistakes I made.

Dyzmatik

03-07-2013

LeVentNoir

03-07-2013

I'm just going to say that after a fresh promotion to Div IV, I should get more than +6Lp for a win and less than -19 for a loss. Thats right, 75% win rate or out.

Szase

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson5150 View Post
now add -22 to that.

lol its such a bad system i cant help but laugh, but seriously, i spend money on this. And im done with it.

27 points for last 5 wins, then i lose 2 games and lose 47 combined. SMDH
Now I don't like being an ****** but I just looked at one of the games your complaining about. You went 0/11/4 with a ghost/flash cait. That IE before getting any form of attackspeed. While your partner went 1/9/1. That is an incredible loss. (I'm assuming you were bottom) There was also an Urgot on your team which tells me there was a disagreement on who would be ADC. And nobody would compromise. You lost very hard to their Eve. Their ashe was DC'd so it was a 4v5, and all of their team mates had severe advantages on you.

When you lose a match that drastically against a team with a player disadvantage, just shows a need for the members of your team to rejudge their abilities and maybe practice your skills in a different environment.

The enemy players have a similar hidden MMR, meaning they get similar amounts of wins/losses for their total games played yet they dominated your team, you obviously aren't in the ranking your skill level says you should be.

Szase

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVentNoir View Post
I'm just going to say that after a fresh promotion to Div IV, I should get more than +6Lp for a win and less than -19 for a loss. Thats right, 75% win rate or out.
The reason this happens was your major drop between February 10th and 17th where if I had to guess you dropped from bronze 3 (or higher since I can only see back to the 10th) to bronze 5. This killed your MMR, so if you manage to climb up to bronze 4, the system wont really believe you belong there, so will begin to gate your lp gain so you dont get a lucky streak and get matched against players past your skill level. When you lost 4+ games almost in a row in bronze 4, while you weren't very high up in ladder to begin with, it dropped you back down to 5 where your skill (to the system) seems to belong.