Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnsafeNormal

03-07-2013

I'm done with ranked but it has nothing to do with the new elo system, balance is just atrocious right now and I am really tired of seeing the same 20 champions played because they all snowball so ridiculously hard

jjackson5150

03-07-2013

Well now i just won my 7th ranked in a row, like the last 4 games received less than 10 lp, last 2 were 5 and 4. Now i stand at 98 lp.

If i hapen to win my next one and get 1 LP im done lol. You should not have to win 8 or 9 games in a row just to have the CHANCE to get promoted.

LeCriminale

03-07-2013

Elo Hell is worse than ever before.

If you have the same luck as me and get 7 AFK/Intentional Feeders out of your 10 your placement games you might as well not play ranked until season 4 rolls around. No way you're going to recover from that ****.

The Fatalii

03-07-2013

Im sick of this new system. So bad. Matchmaking is bad. MMR is bad

Its the same champs over and over. We need more bans. and more nerfs its getting freaking ridiculous.

Also RIOT FREAKING SPLIT UP BRONZE INTO DIFFERENT TIERS THAN JUST 5. Make bronze something else than just 5 tiers. Theres some ppl in there that do deserve to get out but stuck with ppl who just dont give a hoot how they play or afks. or the this lane or feed

Takasugimasu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

idk about other people but i've been gaining like 25-35 per game and losing 15-20 consistently from 1500's to 2000 something now
new ranked system feels easy as fk to me

Sinnity

03-07-2013

My W/L is negative and I've ended up lower than where I started. The system seems fine to me.

The Fatalii

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takasugimasu View Post
idk about other people but i've been gaining like 25-35 per game and losing 15-20 consistently from 1500's to 2000 something now
new ranked system feels easy as fk to me
Consider youself lucky. In bronze 5 i get 30-40 lp a win and loose around 19 lp.

When im promoted to bronze 4 i get 5 lp a win and loose 20 lp

DarkXuin

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We've talked about this, but the problem with it is that it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion. Would you be motivated to log in and play ranked during that? I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother.

The flipside of course is that it makes it feel like the demotion was a lot more fair when it does happen.

How do people feel about this?
I like the idea of fighting to keep your spot. I have mixed feelings about how it should place your lp after you win or loose it though. It could put you pretty far down the ladder of the previous tier.

Zzznake Doctur

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

So what about the FAR MORE COMMON, ***UNLUCKY*** STREAKS then?

I can probably count the number of "lucky streaks" I've had in 2 years of playing LOL on ONE ****ING HAND.

The number of bull**** team mate, feeder, AFKer, UNLUCKY streaks I've had? WHO ****IN KNOWS -- A COUPLE DOZEN PROLLY?

Referring to those streaks where u lose 10 games in a row, no matter how well you play.

Referring to being MATCHED WITH SAME DUO Q FEEDERS 5 GAMES IN A ROW. IF SOMEONE GOES 2/10 3 GAMES IN A ****ING ROW, ***STOP MATCHING ME WITH THEM***

finalPL

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
You can win 58% of your games and NEVER leave a division, let alone tier. So your statement is terribly inaccurate.