Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aloretec

02-02-2013

Quote:
DarklingWanders:
Divisions =/= Teir

I for one am quite happy with the change, I find it much more forgiving than the old system where you could easily swing 100-200 points in a day. The gains and losses are far more consistent now if you ask me.

If you have a 50% win/loss rate, that doesn't mean matchmaking is broken. It means its working.

I think the struggle right now is they started this now instead of the beginning of a preseason and all the trolls from when a season starts are back in the grind. It'll be months before once again ELO ranges are balanced out.

TheBronzeLegend

02-02-2013

Quote:
Riot RoboLions:
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

No. It's a joke. Bring back ELO system. I don't wanna be part of a microcosm. I want to be part of a macrocosm of ladders.

Sagesse

02-02-2013

Quote:
DarklingWanders:
Divisions =/= Teir

I for one am quite happy with the change, I find it much more forgiving than the old system where you could easily swing 100-200 points in a day. The gains and losses are far more consistent now if you ask me.

If you have a 50% win/loss rate, that doesn't mean matchmaking is broken. It means its working.

If you have a 50% win rate in a luck based system, how does that mean it's working? If you have a 50% win rate and you're still regressing because of how the points algorithm works; how does that mean its working?

Riots goal was to make this a more skill based system but where they fouled up on was the little things, giving us dodge penalties for one. Now if you're in a situation where you HAVE to dodge due to toxicity or what have you in pregame you're penalized. Why? This is such a luck based system it's not even funny. As I said in my previous post it's like they can't seem to fathom what actually happens in a ranked game. A real ranked game

TheChief

02-02-2013

Yup. It's a system where you need to get on a win streak to do well but win streaks are governed entirely by whether it's your team that gets the dc/troll or the enemy team.

Dregen

02-02-2013

Starcraft is a solo game, and they copied most of it's system for use here.

IDK why they keep copying systems designed for solo play into a team game.

It really sucks to be in your league advancement series, and get trolls 3 games in a row, forcing you to do the whole thing over.

Still, I can't deny the fact that if you're good, you'll get there eventually. I just prefered the ELO system, for better or for worse.

Uristqwerty

02-02-2013

If the system is supposed to balance over time, and, being new, it starts out horribly imbalanced, wouldn't it be better to give it a week to balance itself before judging whether it is good or not?

The trolls and AFKers will move down over time, since their teams always have at least one troll/AFKer on it (them), unless they really like trolling/AFKing so much that they are willing to alternate that with actually playing, in order to maintain a decent rank, and even then they won't be able to climb as fast as someone who tries to win every game.

TrippySkippy

02-02-2013

Beyond The Pale

02-02-2013

It's stupid cause I started out as silver division 1 (yay 1500 elo not being gold /sad), lost my way down to silver division 3 (unlucky streak + I played like meh + one game I actually got kicked out by the game and forced to patch for 20 freakin mins as my team was playing a 4vs5) but today was able to win my way back up to divison 1 again but it wasn't fun, at all. Losing right now is just absolutely devastating for someone trying to rise a tier. Every single game I just can't help but get pissed when my team isn't doing well during the promotion series (it's just stupid how some people can be playing an important promotion series while others are in divison 5 and just don't give a sht). The prospect of going down a division (which means dozens upon dozens of games before you get a chance to play a best of 5 omg) is just tooooo demoralizing (and really, who the **** as the time to play like this).

Not even gonna mention how stupid match making is right now (I've been paired vs gold players as silver division 2, one time there was a there was a 1700+ on the enemy team when my team was 1300-1400, wtf).

Remikai

02-02-2013

Quote:
Riot RoboLions:
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
Thats exactly what the old system accomplished also... Except now, you have to GET lucky to advance. Old system allowed you to move up no matter what if you win more then lose, but now you could get unlucky and be stuck FOREVER. Haha

Vastly Superior

02-02-2013

System is stupid.

People said it was before even implemented.

What could have put me into silver league 4 days ago will now take triple the effort.

Thumbs down on this new system