Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheetahSpeedLion

02-07-2013

So this is assuming a series of back-to-back wins to find the minimum amount of games to climb the old and new ladders. I'll be assuming one win gives the person a 25 point bump (+25 elo in the old system, +25 LP in the new one).

Old system, to get from start of SILVER (1150) to GOLD (1500) would be a 350 elo jump. At 25 elo per game you would expect a minimum of 14 games.

New system, to get from SILVER V to GOLD V you'll need to play through 5 divisions. At 25 LP per win, you'll arrive at the top of a division in 4 games then need to win 2 championship matches. 6 games per division times 5 divisions means 30 games.

I'm well aware though that it's tougher to be dropped down from a division once you're in there than to really drop down in elo but I dont think that offsets the fact you're doubling the amount of games you need to win.

Gladius Altra

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We've talked about this, but the problem with it is that it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion. Would you be motivated to log in and play ranked during that? I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother.

The flipside of course is that it makes it feel like the demotion was a lot more fair when it does happen.

How do people feel about this?
I just got demoted from the division 1 because i lost one more game then i have won.(If i counted correctly) Now i am at division 2 with 50 LP and had no chance to fight for my spot. Now with such a MASSIVE uphill battle against me that feels far from fair i honestly do not feel like playing ranked anymore because it punishes far harder than it rewards. This is how most people feel for begin demoted so hard. Current system is far from fair. Lose 1 you lose your spot. You MUST win 5-6 in a row to make up for that lose. Ya i ont want to play anymore

rogerchew

Adjudicator

02-09-2013

i don't think promotion series games should include joe schmo's that just started playing ranked and don't give a **** about lp. promotion games should be 10 guys who also are looking to be promoted. this way at least when you get there, you KNOW for sure your teammates have the same goal in common so there's less likely to be trolls.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
NO! Screw you and your pathetic trollish lies. I have gained a mere 3 points from several wins, LOST points on a win once and have lost 50 points for a single match before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchew View Post
i don't think promotion series games should include joe schmo's that just started playing ranked and don't give a **** about lp. promotion games should be 10 guys who also are looking to be promoted. this way at least when you get there, you KNOW for sure your teammates have the same goal in common so there's less likely to be trolls.
and so much this

TeiKusinagi

02-09-2013

Maybe I missed something, but isn't the new system supposed to queue us up with people in the same tier level? I have been winning games with people of the same tier, and then losing the rest because I get stuck with unrated, lower tier, or stupid people. If I must lose, then I prefer to lose with people who know what they are doing and are at my level. It's freaking stupid to lose because of a horrible lower tiered player or someone inexperienced. I'm silver 3 and in the last ranked game, I had a bronze 4 and an unrated player on my team...

Caítlyn

02-09-2013

So many downvotes for riot post lol

NobSaiboot

02-09-2013

Riot will tell baddies how the system works a million times and they still won't get it.

Ulverskog

02-09-2013

Is just like before.

Until you dont make a truly good system THAT DOES NOT HELP TROLLS, this ranked system will only depends on how lucky you are, by not getting matchmaked with them.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Oh and gratz on discovering the only system worse than elo!

WP riot, WP

Unita Beaten

02-09-2013

I rarely play ranked for multiple reasons:

1. People are even more likely to rage and quit in ranked.
2. So much queue dodging after waiting 5 mins for a match/ban/draft and then they quit at 1 second and waste my time
3. Aside from afks and quitters being annoying they now affect YOUR score
4. Everyone at every rank in ranked is a self-proclaimed pro and they tell you what champions you should use, what items you should buy, and when they feed its also your fault.

Too much cancerous play in ranked