Powerful Mid Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LT Orange Juice

02-02-2013

As a 1500+ mid main I would suggest learning 3 of the following champions better then any other and then learning the rest of the folowing list. Reason is that you should know how to play you champ so and know how.to play their champ as well that you can beat them by outplaying them. An example of this is I have no problem first picking kat be cause of my 250+ games with her. If they decide to malz I know to play aggressive before 6 and build helth and MR before anything else to survive his combo. Like meek and ruby b4 dmg. I know I still will do amazing entry cause of kats low ratios and high base.

My champions I would suggest mastering are
Kat, anivia, TF, kha, zed, kass, cass, karth, panth, ahri and Diana

Also consider mastering and greatly reccomend learning strengths and weaknesses of
Annie, malz, galio, panth, xerath, brand, akali, and other semi popular picks.

Good luck on your way to 1600 hope this helped. If you learn and truly learn the game you will rise in Elo trust me.

A Fail Tale

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygrazor View Post
Could someone with some ranked experience (1500+ elo for example) please suggest to be viable and difficult to counter mid champions? For example, I know Elise, Katarina, and Anivia are very powerful midlane. What are some others? I want to get to 1600 elo or higher but seem to not play very "viable" picks such as Brand. Please and thank you! :D
Well I'm plat I would say swain orianna kha zix morde

EnglishLanguage1

02-03-2013

Karthus is a favorite of mine. His Q isn't too bad, the wall is nice for slowing people, and his E helps him stay in lane longer and can be flipped on to make a damage field if needed. Plus his Ult puts pressure on the enemy team just by being available.

Outlaw466

02-03-2013

From someone who mains middle.

I love myself some Zyra, Diana, Lux, Cassiopia

Fizz and Kassadin and kat if you want overkill champions.

Zyra and Diana I hardly loose with though. Cheers mate best of luck!

baronvonross

02-03-2013

It all depends on what your team needs, i've been finding that more often than not, your team comp synergy is far more valuable than countering the other team. The trick is to ban champs that counter your main damage dealers, then use those designated champs to build a team around them.

for instance, let's say you specifically want to play as kassadin. He is an AP assassin who is nigh ungankable post 6, but is very squishy and restricted by melee range.

You would probably want to ban mordekaiser due to him hard-countering kass.
You are going to need a two CC tanks on your team to compensate for your low cc and durabiliity.
You could send a singed top/thresh bot/rammus jungle (to name a few)

The point is, two of your roles should be tanks with CC who pose threats throughout the game.

So now you're looking at say

Fiora top
kass mid
rammus jungle
varus adc
thresh support

For this to work you'd need to ban some key champs in terms of priority (if they don't have, great, ban another counter to your team):
1. Mordekaiser
2. Jax
3. blitz

With this ban setup, you'd be able to ensure safety in lane, good synergy with abilities, and so long as you're good enough, you will win.

I Kryptix I

02-03-2013

Personally I would go with Diana, she is melee which means pre-6 you can be harassed heavily, however after lvl 6 hardly any ap mid is goin to withstand diana's burst plus ignite. especailly if u harass them with a few Q's just master her and i literally destroy most of my mid lane matchups in ap unless i am camped by jungler. she is still very strong and if you build correctly can become a serious force to be reckoned with. She is ez to farm with and can easily farm both wraiths and wolves becaust of her Q,R combo very strong.

I Kryptix I

02-03-2013

Zyra is also very strong for mid.

Fluffyknowsyou

02-03-2013

Swain,akali,katarina, malzahar are all strong picks

PCPXTC

02-03-2013

best mid champ is ziggs I don't know any mid champ that can beat him.. And zilean if its a squishy mid and you feel you have a reliable team. Zilean also works best if you got someone apish in the jungle or top lane.

MrSnitches

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Maokai.
If only Maokai did some actual damage. I actually midded Maokai a couple times, and his combined stun and a jungler make for some ridiculous ganks.