Ahri help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byroniq

02-02-2013

I just bought Ahri after she was free two weeks ago. I like her a lot, I think her mechanics are high skill, high reward, and very fun. However, I've been getting owned in lane recently with her, I'm not sure why. I feel whoever I'm facing will hit me every time I go in to try to get CS. To counter that I'll try and poke and chunk their health away to but it just seems like if I poke, they'll just poke back and more affectively.

Any tips on how to play Ahri?

Thanks!

Cindikle

02-02-2013

Been feeling the same way about her, new player who bought her from the free week. I assume you're mid.

What heroes are you having trouble with? For me a general rule is always stay on the other side of the minion pack as them. Try to stay to the right as it makes sight easier if you're on top, and worse for top if you're on bottom.

Remember your orb does it's full distance even if you run away. Predict where to hit them, then move back right after you cast it. Removing their opening.

If you're having trouble with melee who stand on your side and attack when you move in, just focus on attacking them.

Save your charm for when they attack, do your combo, then move away. Don't open with it too early unless you know you will kill them.

The rest is just knowing the heroes you face and how they plan to attack. Example being for Kat, just stay back, only CS farm after she throws her knives. She's melee so unless she pushes you back she's using it for CS farming as well. Once level 6 hits do not charm unless she ults, after that finish the combo and move away(or ult if she's about to die).

Byroniq

02-02-2013

I'm specifically having trouble with Lux, Teemo and Malzahar. However, any champion with a CC, or just as much/more range than I, is very difficult. Teemo's Q seems to have just as much range as mine (and it hurts a lot). If Lux can chunk down my health even a little bit, the first snare she lands on me she will E, autto attack, ultimate and ignite and I'm dead. I will say, though, my first time against Malzahar I had never faced him before so I got completely stomped on by his faceroll ultimate a few times, but the next game I faced him I held my turret and didn't let him kill me (although he out cs'd me).

I almost always get out-cs'd in lane. The only way for me to keep up in CS is to use my Q often, but that results in me running OOM quite quickly and having to back a lot, allowing who I'm laning against to slowly chunk my turret. It might just be because I'm terrible at last-hitting, but I find enemy champions tend to play agressive towards me and try to shut down my CS by not letting me near their minions. I try to chunk them down to push them back but sometimes instead of retreating they'll just chunk right back.

I'm sure a big part of my problem is just getting outplayed >.> I'm level 28 with about 130 wins queueing up with level 30's ranging from 300-800 wins. Perhaps I'm just playing out of my leage.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try your tips next game!

Cindikle

02-02-2013

Lux's attacks are slow moving, just always be moving around so you're not a sitting target. I haven't laned vs a teemo since I started playing. And have yet to face a Malzahar(even though he's free this week).

You're probably also seeing a lot more champs than I am. Being 15 leaves me to face a lot of free ones.

A tip for CS that I saw someone post once is make a custom game with just you in it and kill minions for a while.

FlowyS

02-02-2013

Lux - Spirit Rush or Flash can be used to dodge Lux's attacks. A Zhonya's Hourglass is very strong against Lux's spell combo, use the hourglass when Lux uses her ultimate.

Teemo - Snipe him with Orb of Deception, it has a longer range than Teemo's attacks. Might be a good idea to build some mana so you can spam more spells. Alternatively, grab Clarity instead of a mana item. Just keep poking Teemo until he is about half hp with Orb of Deception, then go in for the kill.

Malazhar - Might be a good idea to grab Quicksilver Sash. Spirit Rush or Flash can be used to dodge Null Zone. If Malazhar's ultimate is on cool down, fight him!