Wukong

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr Krr View Post
78% win rate on wukong season 2. Even or below 50 win rate in almost every other champ except GP. Thank you for proving my point. Defend the free elo champ you clearly exploit.

Stop pulling bull**** leis out of your back, he NEVER had 78% winrate, he was ALWAYS hovering between 48 and 52% and is only used in like, 7% of all games, he was actually much WORSE in season 2 and in s3 he is MOSTLY used as a mid champ in competetive play where hs is still vastly outshined by champs like Kha Zix or Talon, his stealth must be instant cause of the mechanic how it works and cause of the purpose it serves.

He has to ALWAYS go in to fight, his ult does barelya any damage on lvl 1 and he gets royally screwed by champs with ranged harass or champs that NEED you to come close in like Garen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noble Knight X

Junior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Stop pulling bull**** leis out of your back, he NEVER had 78% winrate, he was ALWAYS hovering between 48 and 52% and is only used in like, 7% of all games, he was actually much WORSE in season 2 and in s3 he is MOSTLY used as a mid champ in competetive play where hs is still vastly outshined by champs like Kha Zix or Talon, his stealth must be instant cause of the mechanic how it works and cause of the purpose it serves.

He has to ALWAYS go in to fight, his ult does barelya any damage on lvl 1 and he gets royally screwed by champs with ranged harass or champs that NEED you to come close in like Garen.
I'm not going to say that Wu is OP or anything but I will tell you that I played against Wu not long ago in top lane (I was jayce) and he gave me a hard time. Though he ended with only 1 kill and 9 deaths (I ended with like 8/5 or so. Our loss.) I can assure you he had me zoned most of the time. While Jayce does have a ranged poke, it has a long cooldown and mana cost. Wukong has a very short CD on both his Q and E and and rank 2 on both abilites he basically takes way half your health in the blink of an eye.

I'm not complaininging. I won the lane, did better than him, lost the game, but not because of him. But it was a tough lane to figh. Being ranged seems like its barely any help at all. (I use him on 1v1's only and I almost always win, even though most of my oponents used ranged champions). I'm thinking that champions like Garen and Singed are the best ones to fight him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Knight X View Post
I'm not going to say that Wu is OP or anything but I will tell you that I played against Wu not long ago in top lane (I was jayce) and he gave me a hard time. Though he ended with only 1 kill and 9 deaths (I ended with like 8/5 or so. Our loss.) I can assure you he had me zoned most of the time. While Jayce does have a ranged poke, it has a long cooldown and mana cost. Wukong has a very short CD on both his Q and E and and rank 2 on both abilites he basically takes way half your health in the blink of an eye.

I'm not complaininging. I won the lane, did better than him, lost the game, but not because of him. But it was a tough lane to figh. Being ranged seems like its barely any help at all. (I use him on 1v1's only and I almost always win, even though most of my oponents used ranged champions). I'm thinking that champions like Garen and Singed are the best ones to fight him.

Singed actually has problems earlygame against him as long as Wu gets supproted by a gank or two, in the VERY early laning phase wukong is able to cope with Singed and can egt enough feed to then be able to passive farm. That said, yes, a well played Singed who got 1 or 2 kills on Wu through jungle support can give Wu a pretty hard time, especially since HP stacking is the most effective counter to what Wu does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vtr Krr

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Stop pulling bull**** leis out of your back, he NEVER had 78% winrate
The player I was talking about had 78% win rate with Wukong, not the champ overall. Unbelievable how stupid people can be to assume any champ would have an overall win rate of 78%.

An interesting thing happened yesterday. I was in a game with a piece of garbage verbally abusive player so I decided I wasn't going to play that particular game. I started feeding intentionally and taking all my teams farm. It was very easy to take most of the farm because I was playing master yi with teleport with wriggles and other ad items to farm quickly. I had over 400 cs while the rest of my team had around 150 or less just to give you an idea.

Now even with me taking all the creep waves and feeding intentionally, we still won that game 4v5. Anyonw want to guess how? THAT'S RIGHT, WE HAD WUKONG ON OUR TEAM WHO EASILY CARRIED WITH NO FARM IN A 4V5 GAME VS A FED TEAM.

This is a true story. Now tell me how that is even possible. I know it's not skill difference since the match making system does such a fabulous job at putting people together of equal skill. It must have been the fact that the monkey is completely broken and all the trash in this tread defending him are Wukong players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo Worrior View Post
I used to think all your replies are crab*, but not this one.
you think my comments have crabs? I guess they do **** alot of realities


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr Krr View Post
That armor synergizes perfectly with that 30% armor reduction Q and Black Cleaver. I love this idea. brb buying armor.
did you know that the weakness fo black cleaver is that your first strike doesnt gain the benefits of the passive and the next doesnt get the benefits of the stack it places on.

Wukong with black cleaver has wasted his money if you don't let him start a battle of attrition with you.

There are also other strategies, each equally legitimate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeppermyntButler

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Wukong is like most champs, with the right support, if he is against a counter or fed he is a monster. Solo Top he can be at times very difficult to start unless you manage to farm minions mid game or can successfully passively farm early.

His early sustain can be very very horrible and that ult like someone pointed out is really only utility and not really any hardcore damage. If anything he needs to be reworked in my opinion, not for strength but to fix his early sustain, then maybe focus on lowering or tweaking damage. I have picked up how to play many champs but him, I still am trying to find the right mixture to solo top with him in S2/S3.

As far as his Invisible skill, that is comparable to a dash in my opinion to get away. I think a big thing people are not taking into account is he is being played mid at times. I see a rift where part of the community sticks to meta, the other part is trying to change it, put him against a standard AP mid, forget it he will wreck it. But top, nah he needs a lot of work. Just my opinion on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr Krr View Post
The player I was talking about had 78% win rate with Wukong, not the champ overall. Unbelievable how stupid people can be to assume any champ would have an overall win rate of 78%.

An interesting thing happened yesterday. I was in a game with a piece of garbage verbally abusive player so I decided I wasn't going to play that particular game. I started feeding intentionally and taking all my teams farm. It was very easy to take most of the farm because I was playing master yi with teleport with wriggles and other ad items to farm quickly. I had over 400 cs while the rest of my team had around 150 or less just to give you an idea.

Now even with me taking all the creep waves and feeding intentionally, we still won that game 4v5. Anyonw want to guess how? THAT'S RIGHT, WE HAD WUKONG ON OUR TEAM WHO EASILY CARRIED WITH NO FARM IN A 4V5 GAME VS A FED TEAM.

This is a true story. Now tell me how that is even possible. I know it's not skill difference since the match making system does such a fabulous job at putting people together of equal skill. It must have been the fact that the monkey is completely broken and all the trash in this tread defending him are Wukong players.
Maybe it was possible because your enemies were ******* or the wukong exceptionally skilled?

Either way, one player does not mean JACK ANYTHING towards the balance of a champ and be happy with your ban for intentionally feeding as soon as it arrives.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Shush.

They're busy stroking my ego for me. Do you realize how hard it is to get someone to do that?

(PS; Those win rates are heavily inflated in 3s where Wukong is legitimately overpowered)


123