Post-Matchmaking Patch Observations?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Hey Dominion community!

I don't know about you, but ever since the change in matchmaking to include number of wins, not only has my wait increased, but I'm seeing way more one-sided games. Out of the past few weeks, instead of having 70%+ Solid Games that were close and fun, I'm now hitting about 95% Super One-Sided Games where the winning team is winning by a margin of around 300+ points.

Has anybody else noticed this, or am I just having a bad string of games for the past month or so?

tonic32

02-02-2013

After 5 straight 100% lopsided matches... I can say after this patch every match is not even competitive. The teams I am on can't even capture 3 points long enough for it to even matter.... like almost 400 point differences. People afk'ing, people doing troll builds (Anivia getting merc treads and 5 Mana Manipulators).

Anyways, was coming here to see if anything was popping up about matchmaking and seen this post. Something seems off...

trustmeimdoctor

02-02-2013

I've had pretty good games and no difference in queue times. I'm not sure it's been long enough to judge something like this though.

IronAegis

02-02-2013

It is tough to make a judgement call on this.I still have plenty of good games and plenty of landslides. If you go by "feeling," much like variance in poker, it can often feel like the deck is stacked against you when it isn't.

Kholdstare13

02-05-2013

I've only played 2 games since then, but they were fairly normal. One game we blew them away, and the other I was able to get them to commit 2 bot vs me full-time, so we won despite us having a weaker team top. It's not the perfect balance you might have hoped for, but I think people at this level at LEAST have the self-respect to not lock kass.

Albert Dakkar

02-05-2013

I personally havent noticed much of a difference in either element. If anything, I would say my games have been slightly more competitive overall and with slightly longer queue times.

Priem

02-09-2013

Double the queue times for me. I have not had any "balanced games" since last patch. I have around 1100 wins. Most of the time my teammates are under 50 wins. The enemy team is either all above 100 or all around 10 or less wins. Only time I get a decent game is... well never.

CallMeTaste

02-09-2013

Got a point here...

FatMii

02-13-2013

I noticed that since matchmaking got changed, it started grouping people with larger elo ranges together. This is an issue higher up in the elo bracket but not lower in the elo bracket because trust me, if you got to high elo in 100 games, you are just as good as someone with 1000 wins. My suggestion is to have the new matchmaking system at lower elos yet keep the original matchmaking for higher elos. There is a significant difference in skill level from myself to the well known high elo players.

ShinySylvee

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMii View Post
I noticed that since matchmaking got changed, it started grouping people with larger elo ranges together. This is an issue higher up in the elo bracket but not lower in the elo bracket because trust me, if you got to high elo in 100 games, you are just as good as someone with 1000 wins. My suggestion is to have the new matchmaking system at lower elos yet keep the original matchmaking for higher elos. There is a significant difference in skill level from myself to the well known high elo players.
I found that I went on a massive win streak when the new matchmaking was first introduced, probably because I'm fairly good for my number of wins, (I think I'm like 315-210 right now) so I was getting matched with people lower skill-level then me.

As far as the higher-elo matchmaking, I do find it to be faulty. As fun as the novelty of getting matched with a highly respected Dom player is, it becomes significantly less fun when you get destroyed and said high-level player starts yelling at you for how trash you are.