ELO Hell Is Stronger now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabe View Post
Again to much faith in a system that is more then just broken. I went on to win 4 games in a row. Got 3 LP each game. Whatever I'm up to 96 points. So i need to win my next 2. Nope I lost two down to 48 points. This system is ****ing broken.

you guys probable don't realize but your MMR # goes down hard just like your LP and therefor no one will ever get to where they should be.
Not broken.

Also I don't think you understand the MMR quite exactly, let me explain

Think of it like old school elo, Silver was 1200, and gold was 1500 elo.

But wait! there are 5 silver division, each with 100 LP in them, and that doesn't count the promotion series games, so your MMR cant move as fast as your LP can, because there is a smaller range between the 2 brackets than there are league points.

At a certain point, if you want to improve you will have to take personal responsibility for your matches. Find ways to improve your game, and you will move up

V0idGravity

02-08-2013

Attachment 610502

this is what its all about now!!

eabe

02-10-2013

MMR # has never been stated to be = to or about the same as the old ELO Number. If you look at LOLking the number is now a LOLKing rating. It does not say ELO any more. My guess is not even LOLKing knows the hidden MMR # and had doen some math to create a ELO # based off the old system.

Having said that: How do you know your MMR # doesn't drop just as hard as your LP when you loose? Or for that matter; How do you know how much MMR you gain when you win? Currently no one knows but Riot.

When I think about it they never said during your grace period that you wouldn't loose MMR. They only said you wouldn't loose LP. They don't even say how long your grace period will be. It is some magic changing number. I would bet that if you loose during your grace period then you loose some of that MMR but you don't go down in ranking. Strange huh?

Oh well you guys think this system is perfect and that with enough games you will sooner or later get to where you should be.

Anyways I am going to use myself as an example again. Sure I don't have the greatest Kill/death ratio. And I admit it. And I think people are too focused on that value. Anyways after my stated 2 looses from before I won 5 games in a row. Which finally turned into me having to play my promotional series. Which I then lost my first 3 games in a row. To be honest if I didn't know that dodging would cancel your promotional series I would have dodged each one off those games.

First off I went and looked at each players ranking in each of my three failed games. Here they are
Game 1: Me Silver tear 1; Two of my team mates Gold Tear 3; One at Silver 5; and one at Gold 1.
The gold guy at One went 0 15 2. enough said.

Game 2: Me and two other players Silver tear 2; One player at Silver 2; One player at Gold 5. Our top lanner never grouped. Like never grouped 30 mins into the game and yorik is pushing the top last turret still while the rest of the team is getting dived mid and loosing really badly.

Game 3: Me and one other at Silver 1; One player Seeding; 2 Players Gold 3; One of the players at Gold 3 was on a 7 game loosing streak this making 8 for him. He should have won his lane. He was lanning against a player who was AFK for the first 6 mins. However he still went 2 9 2. Note that the 2 kills and assist he got was after lanning phase ended. I was jungle and i started wraiths/red he managed to still both as I wanted to do it smite-less. I was like **** me. I then did golemns and went to gank top where the enemy jungle was also going. Got into a fight with the other jungler I ran all they way back to mid pinging for help and neither top or mid did a thing. I lived but Vi chansed me all the way into my own base and stopped after i got passed the wall. She had 2 bars of HP left and mid just sat there. Lets just say the rest of the game was like this and ended in a lose where my top and mid player just QQ about my jungling skills. :X Please note that these are the two Gold 3 players and they where the worst players on my team. After the game was over our mid went on too tell me how much better he was because he had less wins then me. And that meant everything. My team had 6 kills that game 3 of them done by me. I had the second least amount of deaths at 5. Garen only beating because he stopped playing and just walked back in forth at base after the ten min mark However he did die 3 times before that. He decided to spend the rest of the game Yelling at me and telling me how good he was.

I went form being tested to be promoted to 50 LP. I think we can all say I need to win another 5 or 5+ games in a row to even qualify again.

Here are some hard facts I have gathered so far just from the games I have played.
All of the Gold tear players I have played with are 10X times worse then the silver 1 players that I have played with. Buts its all good They can't loose there Gold but will continue to make it harder for the players at Silver 1 to get promoted.

How does a player make gold with only 16 wins and is on a 8 game loosing streak? I guess people are where they should be right? And he isn't a troll or anything just an idiot who is ranked way higher then he should be. But as the Dev said in the quote I gave in my OP he will gain LP much more quickly then me so He will stay where he is at. I looked at his stats before I played with him. He was Gold 3 with 50 LP. Sense he lost that game with me and 2 more after that he is now at 11 LP.

He is the perfect example of a player who is ranked much higher then he should be. The players who play with him are getting punished for it. Not him.

Here go LOLKing him if you don't believe me. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24486864#profile

Anyways I think I'm done with both trying to convince you people that there is a problem and trying to get to the ranking I should be. As I said all that matters is you get your winning streak when you need it. And that's it. No skill just winning streaks. Streaks are far more important then anything else now. And soon you will all see that.

Deveyes

02-10-2013

dude selcopa i hope riot is paying you to defend their system.

It's obvious that the new system is worse than before (thought to be impossible). Nobody is where they deserve to be. Trolls luck out to gold and decent players are held back. It's almost laughable. I ACTUALLY LAUGH at this system at times. Its an utter joke.

eabe

02-10-2013

Here go look at these threads, and Tell me LP isn't broken

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3110635

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3110949

Riot is not going to do anything as they want everyone stuck where they are at.

eabe

02-18-2013

So like I said ELO hell is way stronger now. I have been up for a promotional 4 times now sense my last post. Each time I get there I go on a 3 game loosing streak.

My last 3 games In a row just fail teams. All saying no too surrender votes. I can't dodge these games as it ****s my promotional series. Please note that in each of these games the other team all gave me honorable opponent. While my team just QQ and pointed fingers. None of them actually trying to make it better. The last game I played I was supporting as Teric. I was second most farmed on my team with 31 minion kills. Like really? Having 2k more gold then most of my other team mates. I looked up the enemy team and the are all gold tears. (1 gold1; 2 gold5; 1 gold3) My team 1 gold5 and rest in silver? How the hell does that prove I don't belong in gold when you give me a **** team and expect me too carry. I get the role I want to play 30% of my games. Everyone says mid or troll. I can't jungle or I can't support. I'll just feed if I don't get what I want. or the ****ing last player troll picks because he didn't get the role he wants. I tried giving people the roles they want. It just doesn't ****ing work. For the love of god pleas fix your ****ing match making.

This system fails harder then the last by so much more then your old system. I am consistently paired with gold 3 players while being in silver 1. While my team will average silver 2 players. I still win more games then I loose. And they are all so ****ing hard fought. I have to carry most of those. But if my game is even slightly off or I just get countered to no tomorrow. then It is a guaranteed lost for me as I know I can't expect my team to know how to play.

Also note that my first two games of my last promotional series I got the same troll player. This player went on and on about how much I sucked. First game she does MF and starts the game off 0 5 0. And QQ's I don't gank enough. Please note that her first 3 deaths she was past the enemy turret but somehow it was still my fault as you know I was the jungler. enough said about her but did I really have to ****ing play with her for my first two promotional series games and then on top of that for my last game get matched too loose in such an obvious way?

Riot you failed in this new ranking system having to win 7 games in a row just to progress is just retarded design on so many levels.

Amadorhi

02-19-2013

Just because Riot is terrible at making a legitimate ranked scene does not mean the game is bad. Its the meta-game that is so absolutely horrible that you shouldn't spend time worrying about it. If you want a good ranked scene go play another game. LoL is not a well developed one at all. Just very fancy and clean looking with terrible logic.

FoliagedPegasus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

I have had problems with ranked also, but this new ranked system is so much better. I win so much more games then i used to. I have gone up 2 divisions and i plan on getting gold soon. I know gold inst a very high rank but with this new ranked system i know i can get to platinum at least.

eabe

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadorhi View Post
Just because Riot is terrible at making a legitimate ranked scene does not mean the game is bad. Its the meta-game that is so absolutely horrible that you shouldn't spend time worrying about it. If you want a good ranked scene go play another game. LoL is not a well developed one at all. Just very fancy and clean looking with terrible logic.
So the game is good because match making is bad? But then you go on too say why the game sucks. I'm just a little confused, but then again your just complaining and not really adding too one side or the other as far as arguments go. If you would be so kind to never post again I would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoliagedPegasus View Post
I have had problems with ranked also, but this new ranked system is so much better. I win so much more games then i used to. I have gone up 2 divisions and i plan on getting gold soon. I know gold inst a very high rank but with this new ranked system i know i can get to platinum at least.
Again you add nothing to the thread please go away. There is no logic here and this is just what you feel. Either post some stats or somethings to back up why you think the new system is good. You know other then you feel like you win more; As this could mean anything. For all I know you used too lose 95% of your games and now you only loose 90% of your games. Doesn't really help the argmeant that the new system is better.

To be honest I could care less about winning. All I want are equally matched players on my team were I don't feel like I'm ****ed because my team doesn't know how to play the game. I don't care if that means playing in bronze or challenger tear. I mean really the reason I am upset about the whole system is I know I am better then the players I am getting matched with. I just can't carry hard enough.

My teams have been so bad. That I have been moved too uninstalling the game. Yo Riot if your reading this thread please do something to fix your stupid system. Or at least let us know if you will even consider it. As it is right now I think this game is over for me otherwise.