ELO Hell Is Stronger now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eabe

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
I actually haven't met a player who was 200 points from their MMR for an extended period of time, I would love to meet this person ive been searching for him for about 2 years now.

This video might help you out with many of your concerns, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A

Specifically the last 2 minutes address some of your problems.
That Video was a freaking pain to watch. Or should I say to listen too. I'm not races or anything. I'm just hard of hearing to begin with, and the dude having such a strong accent didn't help. I have had ear surgery and have two fake ear drums and would rather not have to watch a stupid video to get some answer. The Dev quote from above is still backwards regardless of this video.

Now you may argue he made a mistake but I could arguer that the video is in the wrong.

Either way the league points are far and beyond unreasonable. I have been in Silver division 1 for some time now. I averagely win 2 games then loose 1. Been going up to 80 points after a streak of 2 then back down to 59 after 1 lost. I just won 3 games in a row; then lost 1; then won another 2; then lost 1; and then won another 3 games and now I'm at 93 points. How the freak have I not proven my self? I have a high % of won games. Does it really expect me too carry every game even when playing support?

Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. As if I haven't done my research. I have read the FAQ and the link at the bottom of the leagues tab under your profile page. And this video didn't contain any information I didn't already know.

The problem is this system just doesn't work. And locking people in tears until they stop playing completely is just retarded. It more or less sounds to me that they don't want people to actually change there current rating. This new system is to lock people in where they are currently at. And/Or to drop others down a division and then lock them at the bottom.

I played 23 games at silver 1 I have lost 5 of those games. That is a 78% win rate sense this new system came out. I have yet to even qualify for a promotional series. Now tell me there isn't something wrong.

Earning 3 LP after going on a hot streak is just stupid awful design. When I moved up from division 2 to 1 I had a winning streak of 8 games. And before that it was a win streak of 6 games. As far as I can tell the system does not account for your hidden MMR # at all. And is only based on your LP which is solo based on winning streaks. To get to a promotional series you need a winning streak of 4+ after you hit 80 LP and that is just stupid design.

The system either needs to give you a more constant form of LP or stop hiding the stupid MMR #. So that people can understand why they are getting +3 LP after winning 3 games in a row. Do this many people really think hiding the rating is in anyone's favor, other then's Riots? This new system is defiantly a down grade two the old system. The one and only advantage this system has over the old is the smaller playing pools.

I don't know why they think you need to prove your self once you start getting close to the top. Don't they already make every single player loose more LP with one lose then what they would gain in 2 wins. And on top of that you lower the amount of LP they gain as they get closer making it to the top. This is a huge spike in difficulty for a number of reasons. And that is just within the one division climb. On top of that you could get players on your team from a lower divisions and players on the other team from a higher one. Your odds of progressing get slimmer as you near the division or tear you should be at. And this is all by design. They want you to be happy that they have stacked things against your favor, and so far all I see are people supporting that.

Now please stop posting stuff here unless you have something to prove me wrong, or something I have left out. If you want to post your complaint here as well feel free too. The more people saying things like "this system is moving me me up way fast" or "it is keeping way low" or "dropping me like a rock the better". However please provide some facts like win loss averages, because that what the system is apparently going off of anyways. Or you if you just want to get right Riot to read this the feel free to as well. With that in mind I am not a fan of thins like bump and what not.

eabe

02-08-2013

I would just like to add one more thing to think about. Wouldn't it be awesome if you are in the army. You get sent somewhere for two years and therefor can't play LOL for the duration of the time. You get back, and you try to pick up where you left off. But oh wait you can't the system demoted you to bronze 5 for not playing who cares if you used to be gold/plat.

I think this system will work great I mean the only way to drop a league is to you not play ranked. And I'm glad riot is willing to punish people for not playing ranked as well. Aren't we all?

(note: that last paragraph is meant to be sarcastic if you couldn't tell.)

Demonïk

02-08-2013

Basically all that matters is if you play enough ranked games and you find yourself not able to advance from a particular spot, that's as good as you are and you need to get better if you want to move up. I started out in Bronze V and I am up to mid Bronze IV in just a couple days, maybe 20 games and I've had a hot streak (win 3 in a row) at least 3 times in those 20 games.

Honestly, I think people are expecting to move up from Bronze to Silver or Silver to Gold is just 10-15 games and that's just not going to happen unless you're good enough to win 10-15 games in a row ... and even then I doubt you could move 5 whole division to the next tier. You've got to play lots of games and just grind it out. If you're winning 50% or more of your games you're going to keep moving up. If you lose 2 or 3 in a row in 1 day/night maybe you should switch to normal, because it's clearly just not your day/night, and then come back to ranked the next day.

Demonïk

02-08-2013

Honestly, I could understand someone in Bronze V or Bronze IV complaining about not being able to move up but Silver I ...COME ON MAN..... that's practically Gold. Be happy you're good enough to be there because there are TONS of people that are far below you.

eabe

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonk View Post
Basically all that matters is if you play enough ranked games and you find yourself not able to advance from a particular spot, that's as good as you are and you need to get better if you want to move up. I started out in Bronze V and I am up to mid Bronze IV in just a couple days, maybe 20 games and I've had a hot streak (win 3 in a row) at least 3 times in those 20 games.

Honestly, I think people are expecting to move up from Bronze to Silver or Silver to Gold is just 10-15 games and that's just not going to happen unless you're good enough to win 10-15 games in a row ... and even then I doubt you could move 5 whole division to the next tier. You've got to play lots of games and just grind it out. If you're winning 50% or more of your games you're going to keep moving up. If you lose 2 or 3 in a row in 1 day/night maybe you should switch to normal, because it's clearly just not your day/night, and then come back to ranked the next day.
You don't read do you? I feared using myself as an example for comments like this one. Go do some math and explain to me that the system is working properly.

So If I was you and in bronze tear 5 and win a few games = you promoted a division or 2. Either way it is going to take a large winning streak. And that is the problem. Lets say your win lose ratio is 1 win to every 30 loses. But you get really lucky for a weeks and are carried for 15 games and get promoted. Do you really think that when you go back to your loosing streaks you should stay in silver 5 or whatever division you make it too?

The game will make it easy for you to fall divisions but lock you into tears. Where is the logic in that? It also has a huge curve for gaining LP. Which is stupid in it self. Why not make it flat? Instead of gaining 20+ LP for winning a game when you have 0. Why not always just gain 3 LP? Like it is when your above 80 LP already. Basically what I am saying is as long as your lucky and your winning streaks happen after your LP is High you get promoted but if vs-versa is true then you fall or never get promoted. As LP by all indications is currently based off your winning streaks. I mean you can't have LP unless you win games, and you have to win 3x more then you loose.

So If you win 2x more then you loose you will never advance. but if you you win 3x more then your advance just supper slow. I think winning 2x more games then loosing should be more then enough indication that your not where you should be. and the opposite is true for loosing.

However you can have a much higher lose rate then win rate and still be rated higher then me. Why? lets say you loose a lot in your grace time but get carried when your not. This system just has so many loop holes its crazy.

Demonïk

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabe View Post
So If I was you and in bronze tear 5 and win a few games = you promoted a division or 2. Either way it is going to take a large winning streak.
Largest win streak I had from Div V to Div IV was 4 games. At 1 point my Match History was Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Win and I was still able to move up and get to promotion. Last night I went Win (+15), Win (+14), Win (+13), Loss (-20). So I have to maintain about 1.5 to 1 (66%) Win/Loss ratio to keep moving up which is certainly reasonable. So yeah, I'd say the system is working properly.

eabe

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonk View Post
Largest win streak I had from Div V to Div IV was 4 games. At 1 point my Match History was Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Win and I was still able to move up and get to promotion. Last night I went Win (+15), Win (+14), Win (+13), Loss (-20). So I have to maintain about 1.5 to 1 (66%) Win/Loss ratio to keep moving up which is certainly reasonable. So yeah, I'd say the system is working properly.
So your telling me when you loose a game, and your 80+ LP your not losing more then 3 LP? What I am saying is to progress timing of your wins and loses are key. And that is where your logic fails. If you never go on a 3 game winning streak the chances of you making it to a promotional series is slim at best.

The only reason I say theirs slim chance is the MMR # that is hidden is suppose to also modify how much LP you gain. So far I have yet to see it have any impact in any LP I have gained. So unless this number does boost your LP gain after constantly winning 2x games then losses you will never get to have a chance to play your promotional series.

However you look at this MMR # it's true purpose isn't to make under rated people progress faster, but it is meant to make over rated people stay stuck where they are.

Selcopa

02-08-2013

Quote:
Either way the league points are far and beyond unreasonable. I have been in Silver division 1 for some time now. I averagely win 2 games then loose 1. Been going up to 80 points after a streak of 2 then back down to 59 after 1 lost. I just won 3 games in a row; then lost 1; then won another 2; then lost 1; and then won another 3 games and now I'm at 93 points. How the freak have I not proven my self? I have a high % of won games. Does it really expect me too carry every game even when playing support?
You are right on the cusp of moving to Gold, continue to win 2, lose 1, your MMR will go up, and eventually you will get to 100 LP for your promotion series

Quote:
Earning 3 LP after going on a hot streak is just stupid awful design. When I moved up from division 2 to 1 I had a winning streak of 8 games. And before that it was a win streak of 6 games. As far as I can tell the system does not account for your hidden MMR # at all. And is solo based on your LP which is solo based on winning streaks. To get to a promotional series you need a winning streak of 4+ after you hit 80 LP and that is just stupid design.
It does account for it, when I went from silver 1 to gold, the first time I broke 90 it was giving me 2-3 points, I had 98 points and lost 1 game for 25 points. the 2nd time I was at 90 I got 3-4. This is how the system works.

Quote:
I don't know why they think you need to prove your self once you start getting close to the top. Don't they already make every single player loose more LP with one lose then what they would gain in 2 wins. And on top of that you lower the amount of LP they gain as they get closer making it to the top. This is a huge spike in difficulty for a number of reasons. And that is just within the one division climb. On top of that you could get players on your team from a lower divisions and players on the other team from a higher one. Your odds of progressing get slimmer as you near the division or tear you should be at. And this is all by design. They want you to be happy that they have stacked things against your favor, and so far all I see are people supporting that.
Because its very easy to get a lucky streak of 8 wins+, play enough games and its guaranteed to happen

The simple fact is if you can handle gold tier, you will constantly be up for promotion series because of how much LP youll be gaining due to your high MMR.

Quote:
Now please stop posting stuff here unless you have something to prove me wrong, or something I have left out. If you want to post your complaint here as well feel free too. The more people saying things like "this system is moving me me up way fast" or "it is keeping way low" or "dropping me like a rock the better". However please provide some facts like win loss averages, because that what the system is apparently going off of anyways. Or you if you just want to get right Riot to read this the feel free to as well. With that in mind I am not a fan of thins like bump and what not.
The system works fine, at some point you have to accept personal responsibility for where you are placed

Demonïk

02-08-2013

Quote:
So your telling me when you loose a game, and your 80+ LP your not losing more then 3 LP?
It changes from division to division from what I can tell. In Div V, I was getting 29 points for a win and only losing approximately 15 for a loss so I could lose 2 and win 1 and be back where I started. However, in Div IV as I posted above I'm getting about 15-18 per win and losing about 20 for a loss.

Quote:
If you never go on a 3 game winning streak the chances of you making it to a promotional series is slim at best.
If you never go on a 3 game winning streak at Silver I you don't deserve a promotional series and should stay where you're at or drop. I've had three 3 game winning streaks in Bronze V and IV so a Silver I skilled player should be able to 3 game streak often if they're truly a Silver I skill level player.

eabe

02-08-2013

Again to much faith in a system that is more then just broken. I went on to win 4 games in a row. Got 3 LP each game. Whatever I'm up to 96 points. So i need to win my next 2. Nope I lost two down to 48 points. This system is ****ing broken.

you guys probable don't realize but your MMR # goes down hard just like your LP and therefor no one will ever get to where they should be.