@riot About this tribunal system and my case.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taaat

02-02-2013

Okay.
This might be my third ban so far. First one was actually deserved. I was feeling untouchable, being a d**k all the time, and most of all, having 0 tolerance when it came to bad players or trolls. It was like more than a year ago.

After that I realized I was being a bit harsh over a game so i just started trying to ignore funny kids or even stopped typing because i was starting to realize that people actually DOES have an awful performance when being yelled at (except for people who always has a bad performance and there is no option).
Next ban, i was like 'wtf what did i even do now?' but it was a 3 days-or-so ban so i just gave the game a break and played it like nothing happened.
But now I come to find that my account has been banned AGAIN for like two weeks wich got me completely confused. This was the first time i ever opened my case to take a look at. And for me it doesn't make any sense for a 2 weeks long ban. Not even close. At all.
I really think you should take a look at it.

tl;dr I keep getting banned because of kids spamming "punish" on the tribunal and Im sure I'm not the only one.

My case http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6145508/

What I remember:
[LIST]
1st game (relatively recent) was an ABAM i was playing with a friend called "jeree" (screen name jerahh) where there was a 2k elo nidalee on the other side who was being a d'bag racist because apparently there were brazilians in that game.
-Reported by: 1 Enemy. Maybe a pissed nidalee? HUH?

2nd game (recent) it was a ranked game. I swore and stuff. I'll give you that. But jesus feels so wrong when teammates throw with no reason, they were just awful since champion selection. Attitude-wise. Believe me your eyes would bleed if i showed you the replay but since i don't have it, let's just say that, out of context, I was wrong this time.

3rd game I can't even remember when was the last time i ever played katarina on ranked? Might have been the beginnings of season 2? This i swear. I suck at her so i don't waste my time with it. Btw read the log. I assume the other 4 guys were also banned Right? That game was a big mess.
-Reported by: 1 Ally. For pinging to fall back when the other guys decided to go in anyway? So i get punished for taking what might have been a wrong decision. Or was it? Believe me these guys were no Moskow5. That's not what I get matched with. So how can you or anybody in here tell who was right? Guessed right. Nobody. Not even myself.

4th game is a huge "?". Seriously. This is the crude example of guys spamming "punish". Why would you EVEN punish this? Please, i would love to know.

5th game Normal game. Ezreal is my friend. Remember I was his support that game. Enemy team lost due to trolls trist and someone else I can't remember and i was answering to her stuff to try to make it a less fun game for her and maybe get her pissed as deserved. Hate it when i get her kind of people on my side.
-Reported by: 1 Enemy. Can't you really tell it was tristana for god's sake?

I've never complained about this kind of stuff ever before since I'm not ashamed or even mad at getting busted like my first time. THAT was deserved. Do you really consider that those 5 games with 1 report each, out of like 1000 games played in that time make me worse than the 50% of the community?

I would really appreciate an objective answer. Especially from reds.

Taaat

02-02-2013

Bump

Xianio

02-02-2013

I probably would have voted pardon on this case but I tend to be a little more forgiving than most.

You got nailed for the game you called your team retarded, potentially for blaming our team at the end of matches and potentially for the Trist game.

Personally, I wouldn't have had any problem with the Trist game because that Tristana was clearly a dick. That said, your main issue was how fast you volunteered to report her. With the "******" game it's because you're raging at your team for not playing well.

Over all, I don't think that it's "crazy" that you got banned but it was definitely a fringe case (in m mind). You talk a lot, which is fine, but if you're going to "take charge" remember to do so in a way that isn't abusive.

Stop calling out your team at the end of matches. Everyone can see who was at fault - it does nothing but come off as petty. Change those things and you'll never get in trouble again.

Riverstyx201

02-02-2013

It doesn't matter if you're retaliating or not. You can report at the end of the game if your teammates are acting like jerks, but if you join in on the flame war, you are just giving people a legitimate reason to report you. From what I can see, that's what happened in most of the games here, especially game 2. And since a case is built from a random pick of all of your reports, some un-justified ones can slip through the cracks, but if one is a justified report, that's still grounds for a punish.

MMHSTerror

02-02-2013

There is something called humility in victory you know? Case #2 is clearly enough for a punish. Aside from that you for no other reason than your own lack of self control, decided to insult your own team for not agreeing with your tactics

Taaat

02-02-2013

Thanks for the responses. I actually think most of the mean talking exists because of frustration created mainly by this game. As I stated earlier, I kinda consider my old self a toxic player. But right now it's completely a new thing. I don't want to show the police I've grown into a new man. Not at all. I'm just sick and frustrated because I get reported for stupid stuff and even banned. Who doesn't retaliate when a guy wastes 40 minutes of your time (+other ~30 minutes and effort from last ranked game you won, wich is now equal to nothing since win+loss is most likely equivalent to nothing) and even talks cr*p at you?
We're human. We're no robots. Everyone feels frustration. I don't really care about what other guys do after the game. All I want is to not see them again ever so I can enjoy a game. There is when I report them. I wouldn't report a guy for "pinging to go back in a teamfight" or "calling me a noob". Jesus this is a 'social' game. You have to communicate. There's people. Everyone thinks different and that's part of this and every other game's randomness wich makes you want to come back and play another game.
You just don't go around reporting the guy on the other team who you got stomped by, or the guy on your team that's desperately trying to explain his 4 teammates how to get to win; or how NOT to play.
That's my opinion.

Taaat

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHSTerror View Post
There is something called humility in victory you know? Case #2 is clearly enough for a punish. Aside from that you for no other reason than your own lack of self control, decided to insult your own team for not agreeing with your tactics
It's not about MY tactics. I'm a 1400 baddie. Clearly not a tactics expert. But don't tell me you never had a game in wich all your teammates were doing whatever they pleased like farming 3 together a single lane while other 5 guys are doing dragon. TWICE. Throwing and dying alone even when there were wards. Not making use of gold advantage and just delaying the game so the other team can farm and just take back control. Just a regular "bad team game". Everyone has them. Those are incredibly frustrating. And i assure you i wouldn't have been reported if we would have won that #2 game. They were frustrated about someone putting a spotlight on their mistakes. Jesus, still wish I had the replay. So far everyone has agreed that game #2 is the most punish-able

Xianio

02-02-2013

You still were reported a lot. You should consider how you're coming off to your team mates.

You're mostly fine but if you change just a little you won't get reported - which is the best defense against bans/warnings.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, this is not going to stop. Typing in chat for really any reason will serve no purpose but to speed the ease with which your account is prosecuted.

Seeing as you are on your 2 week ban, I would go ahead and begin refraining from purchasing Riot points on this account. On your next ban, which is basically unavoidable, be it next month or a year from now, all of your hard earned work and purchased content is going to be destroyed by Riot.

I would also suggest, in your spare time during this next two weeks, beginning the process of leveling a smurf account to 30.

Riverstyx201

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taaat View Post
Thanks for the responses. I actually think most of the mean talking exists because of frustration created mainly by this game. As I stated earlier, I kinda consider my old self a toxic player. But right now it's completely a new thing. I don't want to show the police I've grown into a new man. Not at all. I'm just sick and frustrated because I get reported for stupid stuff and even banned. Who doesn't retaliate when a guy wastes 40 minutes of your time (+other ~30 minutes and effort from last ranked game you won, wich is now equal to nothing since win+loss is most likely equivalent to nothing) and even talks cr*p at you?
We're human. We're no robots. Everyone feels frustration. I don't really care about what other guys do after the game. All I want is to not see them again ever so I can enjoy a game. There is when I report them. I wouldn't report a guy for "pinging to go back in a teamfight" or "calling me a noob". Jesus this is a 'social' game. You have to communicate. There's people. Everyone thinks different and that's part of this and every other game's randomness wich makes you want to come back and play another game.
You just don't go around reporting the guy on the other team who you got stomped by, or the guy on your team that's desperately trying to explain his 4 teammates how to get to win; or how NOT to play.
That's my opinion.
Everyone feels frustration , true, but the difference between a constructive player and a toxic one is whether or not he takes it out on his teammates. Just don't respond, and if it's bad enough report him at the end of the match. But like I said before, retaliating is just giving people a legitimate reason to report you, and fueling flame wars does nothing to help the situation.

TL;DR: Be the bigger man.