Could use some "new jax" jungle tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimmble

Recruiter

01-18-2012

I've recently just started playing Jax, after he got beat down with the nerf bat from what I've heard. But so far... i really enjoy jungling with him. Hes the first and only jungle I've tried and seems very strong at my level of play. But I know I can play him better if I could get a jungle 101 on ganking and runes, masteries. Thank you for your time.

Killzerz

01-18-2012

What nerf bat? You mean the buff duster?

Anyway:

21/9/0

AD quints and reds, armor/AS yellows, scaling-MR/AS blues.

EQ.----->Level 2 Gank.
EWWQ.----->Level 4 superior path.

Wolves--->Red. (Level 2 gank)
Wolves--->Blue--->Wraiths--->Wolves--->Red--->Wraiths. (Level 4 gank. Feel free to take small golems and B if no ganks present themselves.)

Items are variable. You can build so many items on him I think I'll just list those that can be taken in that category. I do like double Doran's Blades on him for early game, but it is your choice.

Core:
Merc Treads
Warmogs
Atmas
GA

Offensive Options (top 5 are most recommended but the other options are better in certain situations):
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper
Gunblade
Trinity
Rageblade
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Madred's Bloodrazor
Black Cleaver

The core is what I highly recommend though. Good luck and have fun! Gank often, gank early, and gank hard. I hope to see you on the Fields of Justice!

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Not a nerf, but a rework. Jury is still out but he seems fine.

Jax CAN jungle now due to his passive. The extra AS for free at level 1 is really strong for jungling. As is the much lower CD of empower and leapstrike. Loss of perma-dodge is a bummer, but his other early game buffs more than make up for it.

Gimmble

Recruiter

01-20-2012

Thank you so much for the responses

iamblamb

02-16-2013

Hey, they're pretty spot-on with thier responses. Alot of people build him as a tank then build the damage. So alot of times you'll see the Warmogs first. Its not like a new invention or anything but I build machete into razors>merc treads>phage>trinity>furor enchant for boots>hextechgunblade THEN warmogs>black cleaver>impaler.

Results have been dangerously good.

ChiefClive

02-16-2013

Dat one-year necro.