[Guide] Let's Do This! A potentially new way to look at Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForgeHammer

01-01-2010

How do you live late game without any kind of survivability items or runes and how do you stick on people early solo if you don't get lizard until lvl 10 or so?

Also, in your items you suggest stacking inf edges, you might as well get another phantom dancer or bloodthirster since the passive on infinity edge doesn't stack.

litdutchy

01-22-2010

1v1 me

Darcook

01-23-2010

TBH this build helped me alot, being a newb and all. needs more dps though.

Zaysus

02-04-2010

I tried this build as a jumping off point. I remember how good Jax used to be in beta, but he's just not the same anymore. I love him, but I've only been able to perform lately as AP Jax since he has more hit and run power. It's VERY difficult in most games to sit there autoattacking.

I can see getting berserker's greaves easily if the other team doesn't have a lot of heavy physical DPS that you'll be dodging. If that's the case, you need to kill as fast as possible because magic drops Jax like a rock.

Personally, I built him as such and performed pretty well
- Malady
- Ninja Tabi
- Phage
- Zeal
- Sword of the Divine

- Zeal > Phantom Dancer first if there is a lot of physical DPS
- Phage > Frozen Mallet first if there is a lot of other DPS

Sword of the divine is one of my favorite Jax items if I have the money to get it early, sometimes even before Zeal if I can afford it. I always get the Phage first for the HP boost and slow though. If the game goes long enough for you to get Tabi/Malady/Divine/Phantom Dancer/Frozen Mallet and somehow it's still not done, Mandred's Bloodrazor is a sick final item. You'll still be somewhat of a glass cannon, but you will mow people down given the chance to attack.

If you play a lot of mid tier games (I'm not a pro by any means) or solo queue often and are not going against premades, this build makes you a wrecking ball. When I play with friends and end up against other premades, I honestly just avoid Jax like the plague, since there are many other characters more worth picking. He's just so much fun.

DePyro

02-04-2010

I faced you with this build steel I remember because you were easy for me to farm as Cho'Gath. Feral Scream and Feast really did you in against me. A lot of Tanks with healing skills are like that. Sion is also someone to look out for and possibly Singed.

Mugbah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelrambo View Post
The Vampiric Scepter gives Jax some staying power. It also upgrades to items that are important in the build that I've described. Doran's Shield is fantastic, but it doesn't help with what I'm trying to accomplish mid-game and end game. Doran's Shield also takes away from attack strength early, and netting an early kill is important to get on with the build.

As for Berserker Greaves, I'd like to hear more about why you don't think they belong on Jax. It helps with getting the maximum procs off of his ult, giving you a little bit more to work with when doing a gank, as I described in my strategy.

Thanks for the feedback, though.
beserk greves is not the way to go i'm convinced. with the dodge from your profile and ninja tabi there should be more then enough dodge to proc your C-strike anytime you need it. also if you get the beserk greves there is a need for phantom dancer, and item that is in my opinion over priced for what it is.

i use ignite, flash and leap for early game kills, i start by buying boots then upgrading. then getting phage. phage is major for the earlymid game kills. right around when ppl are starting to get there ults, now they can ult and run for annoying back and forth action on me. after that i get malady, there's your first life steal, and on some occasions all you need. after that i get sod. from there if there running to much i get frozen mallat. if i'm not surviving bcs there nuking i get frozen mallet, if i'm not surviving bcs there's to many i go for starks. after that i get last whisper. the only time i will go for banshee's veil is if they have a ryze who is growing to fast. then i try to squeze it in after phage. or i'll just deal with it, if they have a lot of tanks my last items will be either black cleaver, or inf edge if i'm doing well enough to.

momkig

05-12-2011

Bad guide!!!!!!!!!!

HarisPiIton

05-12-2011

Derpherpderpderherp?

d34x

05-12-2011

I'm not sure are you playing this thing on ranked games or not but I don't agree with 90% of your build. Jax looks a lot different when built perfectly and can solo 2-3 champs in late game. And I'll give you a hint, the build has nothing to do with AS (except the rageblade).
By the way, try nuking with W+Q and then firing off a hextech gunblade. See what happens.

Skumbag Owen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Stupidest ****ing build ever.
I would absolutely wreck you. Hell SORAKA could kill you with this build.
Please ignore his passive moar.
I've never bothered to comment when I read threads, but you're build is ****ing horrible.
You aren't using synergy with his passive at all.
How dare you even suggest to play jax without ninja tabi, and rageblade.
And you should be leveling leap strike first.
God, l2 play better.