Knockback & Knockup changes this patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

If Lee Sin can't punt corpses, that hurts his R both gameplay-wise and thematically. You want your projectiles to operate reliably without carefully weighing how much HP they have left, and you can't deny a lot of players would enjoy kicking corpses into other enemies to make more corpses.

Visko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomis Pervertus View Post
One time... I saw a Master Yi get knocked into orbit. It was hilarious. It was probably a freak issue, but it occured from getting hit with two knock-ups in quick succession. I think it was an Alistair stomp followed by a Janna tornado(hitting mid-knock up) knocking the Yi right up and "out of view" for the duration of the knock-up.

It might've just been me, but that was hilarious.

It was also a few weeks ago, before this patch... I'd be highly amused if anyone could reproduce it, but I kinda doubt it. Was probably just a freak co-incidence.
I've seen that before. But I was playing with 4 Brazil players so communication was non-existant and I couldn't really share that enjoyment with anyone in the game. But regardless our Mordekaiser (of course) was hit up by several knockups simultaneously. He was up in the air for at least 6-8 seconds or so and when he finally started coming back down he had this fast running animation as he was slowly floating towards the ground. Hilarious. Enemy team was so confused, it basically saved his life.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

02-02-2013
3 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIazingPuIse View Post
Thanks for looking into the issue and being open about it. Friday code patches are never fun when something goes wrong.

A question though.

I thought that Alistar's headbutt would wallstun someone flush against a wall for up to a full second. This allowed for the headbutt wallstun autoattack pulverize autoattack inescapable combo. The extra autoattack inbetween CCs, not to mention his passive trample damage, was a bit part of his combo. Would this still be possible with a flat 0.5s stun?
I just tested this. You headbutt, get your auto attack off (auto attack animation is < 0.5 sec), then you knockup into the air (1.0 sec stun), during which you get to do your 2nd auto-attack.

This means you should get your full combo off.

Zerid

02-02-2013

Awesome thanks for the "knock" up.

Exacerberus

02-02-2013

Thanks for the updates Xelnath.
Just to be sure... displacement moves (signally knockups) are still unaffected by Tenacity and CC reduction masteries and abilities, or this got changed?

BIazingPuIse

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I just tested this. You headbutt, get your auto attack off (auto attack animation is < 0.5 sec), then you knockup into the air (1.0 sec stun), during which you get to do your 2nd auto-attack.

This means you should get your full combo off.
That sounds great! Thanks for checking.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

02-02-2013
4 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exacerberus View Post
Thanks for the updates Xelnath.
Just to be sure... displacement moves (signally knockups) are still unaffected by Tenacity and CC reduction masteries and abilities, or this got changed?
Knockups are currently unchanged by tenacity, but I did add support for us to enable Tenacity to work on them in the future.

We debated about this internally and decided to leave it disabled for now. However, we may try it out in the future on PBE with the new loss of control UI or if knockup stacking comps start dominating.

Masterfiends

02-02-2013

mooooo

you can milk those

hartar

02-02-2013

How about Nami bubble? It is going up faster after this patch.I am not sure if the duration it the same.

Diana x Me

02-02-2013

Speaking of knock ups and displacements effects is there any chance that the Xerath buff where he is immune to displacement in locus of power is in development or at least in thought. This was discussed in a thread awhile back with morello.