Knockback & Knockup changes this patch

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

William12726

02-02-2013

Malzahar doesnt even have a boat

Gnomis Pervertus

02-02-2013

One time... I saw a Master Yi get knocked into orbit. It was hilarious. It was probably a freak issue, but it occured from getting hit with two knock-ups in quick succession. I think it was an Alistair stomp followed by a Janna tornado(hitting mid-knock up) knocking the Yi right up and "out of view" for the duration of the knock-up.

It might've just been me, but that was hilarious.

It was also a few weeks ago, before this patch... I'd be highly amused if anyone could reproduce it, but I kinda doubt it. Was probably just a freak co-incidence.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

so, why not disable j4 for the weekend?

clearly a problem that major means hes virtually unplayable.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

02-02-2013
2 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So what other things were cleaned up in these fixes? Will we no longer have people launched into orbit? Will corpses no longer knock up every time they leave and reenter your vision? Will Lee Sin's kick now continue to launch back the champion even if they die to the ult?
  • I have another fix coming soon for knockups failing to work when the enemy is near a wall.
  • Launching players into orbit is hilarious, imho, but I didn't have time to fix that one.

... and Lee Sin doesn't punt corpses, because when their heart stops beating, he can't see them anymore.
... and Lee Sin doesn't punt corpses, because he won't kick a man when he's down.

... and Lee Sin ... is about to punt me for making bad jokes.

BIazingPuIse

02-02-2013

Thanks for looking into the issue and being open about it. Friday code patches are never fun when something goes wrong.

A question though.

I thought that Alistar's headbutt would wallstun someone flush against a wall for up to a full second. This allowed for the headbutt wallstun autoattack pulverize autoattack inescapable combo. The extra autoattack inbetween CCs, not to mention his passive trample damage, was a bit part of his combo. Would this still be possible with a flat 0.5s stun?

NATHANUS MAXIMUS

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
[*]Lulu's R is graphically knocking up too high
Leave Lulu alone, her knock up on Lee's kick then is funny as hell..

If he lands his sonic whatever, and activates it to pull himself to target, if Lulu uses it while he is in mid air, he gets knocked off the screen... Its funny as f*ck

Zerglinator

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
  • I have another fix coming soon for knockups failing to work when the enemy is near a wall.
  • Launching players into orbit is hilarious, imho, but I didn't have time to fix that one.

... and Lee Sin doesn't punt corpses, because when their heart stops beating, he can't see them anymore.
... and Lee Sin doesn't punt corpses, because he won't kick a man when he's down.

... and Lee Sin ... is about to punt me for making bad jokes.
Trouble is, whether or not Lee Sin punts corpses actually has an effect on his gameplay.

Byrnes

02-02-2013

Thank you sir! Your work does not go unappreciated!

JohnnyW

02-02-2013

+1 sir

Hazanshu

02-02-2013

What about Janna's Q/R her Q was already nerfed :P And does knockups disrupt Tf's ult? I thought it did.

12345612 ... 23