Knockback & Knockup changes this patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Method512

02-04-2013

Xelnath, the red indicators that show you're being atacked are too obstructive now imo.. Before it was only on the border/extremes of the screen, but now they appear in the entire screen, which disprupts gameplay a bit imo.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

02-04-2013
12 of 21 Riot Posts

Would you mind emailing me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Xelnath@riotgames.com

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method512 View Post
Xelnath, the red indicators that show you're being atacked are too obstructive now imo.. Before it was only on the border/extremes of the screen, but now they appear in the entire screen, which disprupts gameplay a bit imo.
Right after the patch I was pretty shocked that it was so noticable, it was so bad I actually had to disable them.

Xelnath, I'll see if I can get a screenshot for you later tonight.

Stiler

02-04-2013

I miss the days when the Alistair headbutt/stun combo could send someone into lower orbit.

Method512

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Would you mind emailing me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Xelnath@riotgames.com
Oki, in the next hour or so though, cause EUW is screwed atm and I still need a bit of time to go to the NA one instead.

edit: sent

Firellius

02-04-2013

Might as well add it here: Thresh's Flay has a chance to malfunction.

It seems to be higher on the proving grounds, and if it happens, it simply does not knock the target back or disrupt them. I'm not even sure if it even damages them, though they are very clearly within range.

DVAvailable

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
A quick update on this.

After talking with Live Design, we've decided to upgrade the Alistar Headbutt stun to 0.75 sec minus the travel-time prior to hitting the wall.

In addition, I will also be attempting to fix the knockups causing facing changes and Zyra's R vertical being too high in the upcoming hotfix.

Working on an ETA now, depending on how much we need to do.
What about Tristana knockback into a wall? Is that working as intended? (Originally pseudo-stunned for same time as distance that they would have traveled, now it just pushes them into the wall and instantly ends the effect if they cannot travel further.)

Xelnath

Systems Designer

02-04-2013
13 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVAvailable View Post
What about Tristana knockback into a wall? Is that working as intended? (Originally pseudo-stunned for same time as distance that they would have traveled, now it just pushes them into the wall and instantly ends the effect if they cannot travel further.)
Yes, Tristana has the standard 0.5 sec - travel time stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method512 View Post
Oki, in the next hour or so though, cause EUW is screwed atm and I still need a bit of time to go to the NA one instead.

edit: sent
Thank you. The texture was fixed to remove the black, but this change didn't make it in time for the 3.01 launch. Expect it fixed in 3.02

Method512

02-04-2013

Thought it would take longer. Good to know it's already done and being implemented in the next patch. tyvm.

pieceofpecanpie

02-04-2013

Holy ****, a Riot employee actively engaging with the community, following up on comments and questions and not full of excuses about delays or vague promises. Wow!

Ummm, for a bit there I thought I didn't have anything to add to this thread apart from to share how heartwarming it is to see this taking place, (as opposed to many other threads, ie. Au server, where this doesn't take place) but I realised I do remember an issue with knockups.

I've noticed an issue with quite a few spells, but especially knock ups on Master Yi when he alpha strikes. Countless times I've hit him with Blitz's powerfist, watched him begin to be knocked up (along with the powerfist sound confirming it's landed), only for it to turn into an alpha strike. From this he can hit R and go balls deep, as powerfist has been unsuccessful in CC'ing but is now on cd.

I wouldn't say this is solely a knock up issue, I believe a lot of spells aren't interacting with Yi's alpha strike. I believe it's cast time + animation related, but I seem to vaguely recall that got addressed? I've had the problem happen time and time again recently, which is especially annoying when you're trying to apply CC and believe you have done so successfully. If you haven't, why do these spells end up on cd?

Anyway, thanks for the interaction with the community Xelnath.