Knockback & Knockup changes this patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkbeauty

02-02-2013

What about GP oranges and namis bubble? if GP eats right as hes hit he actually reduces the duration of the knock up, even with the huge cast time on his W

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Okay, I am at home sick today, but I found the spot in the code that causes this. It looks like I can fix it for most knockup situations.

I'll check it out on Monday. Are there any cases where getting your facing changed is the correct thing to do?
I would think spells that go one direction, but knock you perpendicularly to the direction of the ability should rotate you. Things like Stand Aside, Assault and Battery collision, etc. But that's not anywhere in the tooltips, that's just what I would have it set up as if I was doing it as a "feel" thing.

So for example, Draven throws Stand Aside and hits you with it. You get knocked to the left. In an effort to catch yourself, you twist to the left to break your fall. This would turn you in the direction that you were thrown.

----------------------------------

On a not-so-related note, Xelnath, champions that have spinning abilities. For example, Kat's Death Locus. If I'm playing Cassi, and I ult her while she's ulting me, shouldn't her facing direction be the same as it was when she began channeling Death Locus? Because there have been a number of occasions where, as Cassi, I tried to stun a spinning Kat, Garen, or Wukong with Cassi's ult, and it didn't work. Kat continues channeling her ult, Garen and Wukong keep moving around while doing their spins.

Is this intended?

I've literally had a Kat land in front of me, facing directly at me after landing a Shunpo. She happened to land right on the line for Event Horizon, so I had plenty of time to realize she was facing straight at me. I targeted R at almost the same time she started spinning. She kept spinning instead of being stunned/turned to stone. I can't imagine that this is the correct functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeauty View Post
What about GP oranges and namis bubble? if GP eats right as hes hit he actually reduces the duration of the knock up, even with the huge cast time on his W
The knock-up portion is just to make it pretty. The spell is not intended to be an actual knock-up. The spell has a stun and a knock-up tied together. The stun is set to 1 second, while the knock-up is set to 3 seconds. When the stun ends, the knock-up also ends, regardless of it's remaining duration.

tannimd

02-02-2013

Ziggs satchel bomb does almost no knockback to enemy champions now. It used to at least send them somewhere.

Did that happen

02-02-2013

if someone gets knocked up into the air and hecrim hits them with e on he does like a slam dunk its pretty cool watching him. Since hecrim jumps as high as they got knocked up. You should give hecrim a basketball player skin cause of this.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
if someone gets knocked up into the air and hecrim hits them with e on he does like a slam dunk its pretty cool watching him. Since hecrim jumps as high as they got knocked up.
Depth Charge + Noxian Guillotine

You haven't seen the gif, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
no i haven't seen it yet.
http://imgur.com/gallery/cAyro

Not the greatest quality, and it seems to be slightly shorter than the one I saw, but you get the gist of it.

Did that happen

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Depth Charge + Noxian Guillotine

You haven't seen the gif, have you?
no i haven't seen it yet. That dunk to good. I want to try hecrim with depth charge now.

Atticakes

02-02-2013

Blitz seems to have an issue where his knock up doesn't stun the target immediately, there is a slight delay. Noticed this when Garen was able to ult me while he was in mid air, thus halting my combo.

TheOneMillion

02-02-2013

Quote:
Okay, I am at home sick today, but I found the spot in the code that causes this. It looks like I can fix it for most knockup situations.

I'll check it out on Monday. Are there any cases where getting your facing changed is the correct thing to do?

I think alistars headbutt, singeds fling, volibears flip, and Xins Ult should make the target face the direction they are flying. Actually, i think all the Long knockbacks should make them face the direction they are flying. Small knockbacks (rammus Q, Riven Q, ect.) should not. Knockups, probably shouldnt change direction..

austseraph

02-02-2013

Quote:

This guy is AWESOME!

Thank you so much for reverting the stun on Alistars Headbutt - he really needs it to be effective - and thank you for the work you are putting in whilst unwell to improve the game for us.

Your communication on these issues has been nothing short of amazing, and that is hard to believe because Riot already has exceptional communication with the player base (in 95% of cases).

Igiveupp

02-02-2013

Quote:

Ironic that I find this. I was just playing game as nidalee, and was knocked up and accidentally pounced the wrong direction into the entire opposing team. Thought I was a noob. But now, i'm not so sure...