Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Knockback & Knockup changes this patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poko4Sho

02-02-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

In addition, I found a bug on Alistar's Headbutt which caused players to be stunned for a long time if punted into a wall. I fixed it after a short discussion with some members of the design team.

Lee Sin ultimate does the same thing.

WorstAlistarEver

02-02-2013

If i headbutt someone into the wall inside the max range of headbutt, he should still be immobilized for the same duration he wouldve been if i would have completed the headbutt range.

Alistar is the only champion in the game that can't be rewarded when you play him well and have good mechanics and positionning with him or what?

LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Pain Dominates

02-02-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Okay, I am at home sick today, but I found the spot in the code that causes this. It looks like I can fix it for most knockup situations.

I'll check it out on Monday. Are there any cases where getting your facing changed is the correct thing to do?

but this gives cass and alistar such great synergy!!!

phatcat09

02-02-2013

Quote:
WorstAlistarEver:
If i headbutt someone into the wall inside the max range of headbutt, he should still be immobilized for the same duration he wouldve been if i would have completed the headbutt range.

Alistar is the only champion in the game that can't be rewarded when you play him well and have good mechanics and positionning with him or what?

LEAVE HIM ALONE.

cause it's sooo hard to use a knockup then move to the left and headbutt them into a wall...

WorstAlistarEver

02-02-2013

Alistar change to headbutt in the wall is a nerf. I hate you.

WorstAlistarEver

02-02-2013

Quote:
phatcat09:
cause it's sooo hard to use a knockup then move to the left and headbutt them into a wall...

if i flash headbutt your ass in the wall and you get into the wall inside the maximum distance you wouldve been knocked back because your positionning is bad and i took advantage of it by doing a good move. I should be rewarded. You don't deserve to get away from that instantly.

Stayer

02-02-2013

It's definitely weird if Lee Sin's kick does this still. Why even change the mechanic? I think most people understand it. Kicking people sideways into a wall is a good strategy if you can't get ahead of them, or even if you can sometimes it's as good. This should stay. The same thing with ali headbutt. I much prefer, in theory as I haven't tested the flat cc version, the original version. I suspect it won't be much different in the end, but why change it at all? I guess I just don't get it. A clearer tooltip on headbutt would've been better than sneakchanging abilities, or changes at all in this case. Everyone knows how they work and good players take advantage of that, why change functionality when a tooltip fix would suffice.

Galladrim

02-02-2013

I'm actually really disappointed by this change to Alistar, its another hard nerf for him. If you knocked someone into the wall before they traveled the full length of the headbutt they were stunned for longer - This just intuitively made so much sense; the closer they started off to the wall the longer they were stunned for, which was a mechanic that rewarded good positioning and timing. Why on earth would you replace it with a flat level of cc?

Nasdrovia499

02-02-2013

That Alistar nerf :/

Dylan Parham

Recruiter

02-02-2013

Has anybody had a problem where if Morgana uses black shield on an ally who is being ulted by Vi, the ally takes a really long time to reach the ground from the knockup?