@Riot Lets talk Rengar's Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklarik

01-30-2013

I was hoping Morello, Volty, FeralPony, Ezreal, Zilias, or Xypherous, or any of the other Designers or QA analysts or Riot memebers who handle balance could shed some light of what awaits Rengar in the future.

First, let me say, i have been playing rengar since he was on PBE. And even after the changes hes gone recently, i still believe he is VERY weak and broken. He cant build damage or he explodes, he cant build tanky anymore since his W got bombed. His stealth's delay makes the ability somewhat useless. His necklace still feels like a poor investment, and his Q just isnt doing the damage i feel it should.

Now for the sake of avoiding a OP that sounds like a rant, i thought i would give some of my ideas for what i think could be done for Rengar.

empQ Given a scaling, instead of flat 100% of ad, could it scale? like from 80%-120%?

W be stronger at lv 1 to help with Rengar's Jungle, which riot now is sort of in the dumps.

And maybe Reworking his ultimate. I was thinking maybe making the Stealth passive, sort of like Evelyn's, thus allowing to give the ability a different active, which in turn could allow to rebalance his other abilities around a different ultimate.

just my 2 cents, Please feel free community to post your feedback on Rengar, how you feel hes doing, and what you would like to see improve.

IS118da62a7bb137aeb0685

01-30-2013

i agree that hes very weak
but i dont agree nerfing his early even further to buff his late
his jungle clear is already slowest in game

he needs buff all around , early mid and late game

Retro Shock

01-30-2013

I feel like Rengar is just one of those champions that can only be OP or UP. Originally he had very strong damage, a very strong heal, and a stealth. He did enough damage to blow someone up and was tanky enough to survive taking a beating. Now he's the exact opposite, because he way to strong.

IS118da62a7bb137aeb0685

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo226 View Post
I feel like Rengar is just one of those champions that can only be OP or UP. Originally he had very strong damage, a very strong heal, and a stealth. He did enough damage to blow someone up and was tanky enough to survive taking a beating. Now he's the exact opposite, because he way to strong.
they just need to up his numbers abit and he will be fine imo
give Q lower cd, give W bonus ad scale and lower cd and lower the delay on ult to 1.5 - 2 seconds and he is fine

PVPMaiMai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

NessOnett

01-30-2013

Passive stealth ultimate? Well...I do love Riki...

thumbnail9

01-30-2013

There's a MLG replay playing right now that shows chris once again using Rengar to effectiveness with pure hp tank build.

Darklarik

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by General A6 View Post
i agree that hes very weak
but i dont agree nerfing his early even further to buff his late
his jungle clear is already slowest in game

he needs buff all around , early mid and late game
Im talking about Lowering the % damage of his EMP Q for lv 1 and 2 (80,90,100,110,120% was what i had in mind), which isnt used a lot in the jungle since the most used emp ability in the jungle is his W for the heal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo226 View Post
Nope. Rengar was actually doing fine before the unessesary nerfs.

Darklarik

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Passive stealth ultimate? Well...I do love Riki...
My idea was to that once upgraded Rengar's R gives a passive stealth like Evelyn's. While having a different active, preferably a damaging one. This would allow him to have a 4th damage ability allowing to balance his others.

Mo00se

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

i agree he feels so weak now, why not make his Q scale and at max rank go back to how it was in PBE 180% damage?