Harder to rank up now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

G0dHand

02-02-2013

Ok so does anyone else think its harder to climb the ladder now? or is it just me?? i was top of silver 4 then lost 3 games ( not saying i played perfect but a dc and some derp kids didnt help) and now im silver 5 which means i have to win at least what 6 - 7 positive games to make up for the -3 games in silver 4?

i thought it was a cool idea until i actually tried climbing the ladder.

and once you get to a best of 3 your kinda forced to call your highest elo friend to duo "bro i need to win, not risking gaining 100 league points again"

PantrucaElChoro

02-02-2013

i agree totally now its all about luck. what i made in 3 months(climbing from 800 elo to 1300 elo) went down too fast with the new system

Iamgonnatroll

02-02-2013

It's harder because if you reach a new division, you cant go down if you lose. And lmao at people saying it's all about luck now. The elo system is still there, it's just hidden. You get matched with people on your skill level.

laxjoh

02-02-2013

I only played 2 rank so I'm not sure about this but I DO know that I had 2 lvl 1 leavers in my first ranked and on my second we had a "gold" *elo* Malphite who fed 0/5 in the first 10 minutes or something. I guess it's not all that different from before but the new ranking system is just an improvement to appeal to all the ELO haters

G0dHand

02-02-2013

oh you can go down. trust me. i also climbed from 800 to 1280 and literally lost 3 and dropped a division. you DO drop

BouncingDonut

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamgonnatroll View Post
It's harder because if you reach a new division, you cant go down if you lose. And lmao at people saying it's all about luck now. The elo system is still there, it's just hidden. You get matched with people on your skill level.
Yes this is true they still have everything the same but its tweaked to there game more so i have no idea what people are *****ing about they made it easyer to understand and now people think its broken.

BouncingDonut

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
I only played 2 rank so I'm not sure about this but I DO know that I had 2 lvl 1 leavers in my first ranked and on my second we had a "gold" *elo* Malphite who fed 0/5 in the first 10 minutes or something. I guess it's not all that different from before but the new ranking system is just an improvement to appeal to all the ELO haters
thats why theres this new system so you wont see a gold elo feed in any ocassion if your truly good you can win. (either that or fine someone with good team fight potential [Rammus Wukong Malphite])

KnightxSScarlett

02-03-2013

It's also harder to go down, so once you go up, you're up.