Ranked, Set up for failure.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DravenGyllenhaal

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insult View Post
it feels that way, i got on a 10 game win streak then a 10 game lose streak then it repeats it self over and over.
It does kinda make sense now, I rarely go 1 for 1, I'll always streak one way then the other.

DashOfLoyalty

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenGyllenhaal View Post
I'm sorry, you're telling me that when I do well. Riot will specifically place in games so that I lose....?
Essentially. It's the matchmaking system's way of getting you to your proper skill level. So say you're showing that you're better than your current ELO (which is still used for matchmaking purposes, its jsut invisible) by winning a lot, the system will put you in matches you're statistically supposed to lose and if you're still better in terms of individual and team based skill, you should be able to keep winning. AFKers and Trolls ruin that sometimes, though, but not so often in that your ELO will be affected too much.

DravenGyllenhaal

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaChopsticks View Post
Essentially. It's the matchmaking system's way of getting you to your proper skill level. So say you're showing that you're better than your current ELO (which is still used for matchmaking purposes, its jsut invisible) by winning a lot, the system will put you in matches you're statistically supposed to lose and if you're still better in terms of individual and team based skill, you should be able to keep winning. AFKers and Trolls ruin that sometimes, though, but not so often in that your ELO will be affected too much.
If you're doing really well then it should be putting you at a statistically higher skill level, not a matching you with lower skill levels and seeing if you can swim your way out....

Planets Cubed

02-03-2013

I like to think of Ranked as the stock market, not for the faint of heart, and there is never a finish line.

But if that was too philosophical for some folks, heres the jist, we all feel like we could be and should be up with at least the silvers, golds, etc but in reality maybe its actually working? Of course now im going to get a hammering of folks telling me that i should go sucka DIC and they are the best, but my point is if you keep playing, maybe you will become gold if you deserve it. Remember that, like when season 2 started my friend who had 13 wins and 8 losses had 1400 elo and i had 1202 when i had 15 wins and 5 losses. When i play with him though he is way more skilled and just an overall better player, so in short, the system was working and still is in regards to my vast majority of friends who are better than me.

DashOfLoyalty

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenGyllenhaal View Post
If you're doing really well then it should be putting you at a statistically higher skill level, not a matching you with lower skill levels and seeing if you can swim your way out....
That's what it does, it puts you up against better and better people the more you win.

ROKAF JE

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostysam View Post
points in starcraft means nothing you only get promoted wen you mmr is hight in lol s3 now you can only go up if you got enough points
If your MMR is high enough*

you won't go up without it. You'll get 1-2-3-4-5 LP per win until your MMR matches that of the next tier.

Outshine

02-04-2013

Tacos