New elo system still misconcepted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UberRoiS

02-02-2013

I realy appreciate all the patching work you programmers and developers invest to this wonderful game. But I still think this new elo system is still misconcepted. I dont want to lose lots of words. Here is my suggestion:
My suggestion to change the elo system is:
Creating via datamining profiles of all 5 teammates, bringing them with small divergencies together such as:
1) who buys how many wards
2) who lasthits better
3) who pings more often, who not
4) who insults more often, who not, who is giving advices, who not (i dont know if this is possible, maybe with chat filter words)
5) who avoids gathering in teamfights, who not
6) stuff like described above... its up to you professionals.
(Correct me if im wrong but I heard you want to create a elo system like in starcraft 2. I dont think a system league system like in sc2 will work, cos its a system designed for 1 person.)
I hope someone "important" will read this and take this competetive game to a higher level. Please also look forward not to overload the game with too many champions instead try to create more map and game modes, such as a capture the flag mode. Thank you very much. I love yall. Even the *******, the nerds, haters, and flamers. Im the biggest flamer ever known on EU west. HAHA. Also please look forward to judge and lock players up to 1-3 days, leaving champion selection when all champions are picked. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes before a game can start, cos trollers are leaving all the time. And I say the meaning of one single carry is a lie, you cant carry the game on your own, even with a 20 10 xx adc, all champions are necessary, even a good support can be a carry. If you disagree, please delete my account and good luck to all ya. Don't mind. Cheers, Nocturne.

UberRoiS

02-02-2013

bump

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-02-2013

While it sounds like a great idea at first glance, it isn't. The amount of effort that would have to go into not even detecting, but just balancing the various 'stats' is astounding. You would also need to prevent any abuse cases (random wards just to add to the stat block), and a player being falsely reported. Right now, 'bad luck' is taken care of by the law of large numbers, and the fact that 'feeders' are more likely to be on the enemy team than yours. From my understanding, the League system is less about creating a 'better' system (though it should be), and more about creating one that feels better.

Rioters aren't wandering blind; they're not trying to copy something designed for single player for use in multi player. However, things can be modified so that they serve a different purpose.

UberRoiS

02-03-2013

bump

UberRoiS

02-05-2013

bump

UberRoiS

02-06-2013

bump 3 bumps left, please delete my accounts uberrois1 and uberrois and refund everything back to my paypal account ive paid in <3

UberRoiS

02-07-2013

bump

Fleshwound

02-07-2013

I wish I could back all my pay-pal transactions. I hate having to wade through game after game trying to get the perfect match of people who:

Have the right computer setup to not get frozen at champ select (happens in about half my ranked games)
And not get the bugsplat error while trying to load the map
Not auto-lock, refuse to communicate and mess with the comp at champ select
Don't troll, curse or intentionally feed
Oh and speak the same language as me in this communication driven game.

Honestly just wading through the first two is hard enough. My losses and wins are about 95% client issues. I don't enjoy 4v5, even if I'm on the winning side. No challenge.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

02-07-2013

Do be able to do that you would need a bunch of judges to spectate every single game in order to fairly distribute elo at the end of the game. That's too many criteria and an automatic system would so easily be abused by people spamming pings or dropping 30 wards in their own base at the end of the game

Great players will rise in elo and carry games. Average players will stay relative to where they're at. Bad players will continue to drop at a slow pace until they find their true elo. Some bad players get carried, and some great players have awful games. It's the law of average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberRoiS View Post
bump 3 bumps left, please delete my accounts uberrois1 and uberrois and refund everything back to my paypal account ive paid in <3
That's not how things have ever worked.

UberRoiS

02-09-2013

youre absolutely right Orcca, i hope riot can refund, however ive got no much time, due to university issues