The New Ranked System!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CholericLurch

02-01-2013

I am actually liking the idea of the new system , I no longer have to get stuck with the band of new players that think they can jungle ashe and sh*t. I also like the idea of you will gain/lose LP(Elo) due to your personal K/D in that game vs having a toxic troll feeding the whole game.

Suggestion Riot!

How about a feature that gives teams the right to vote one person out of champ select if they do not cooperate. Like troll bans etc. It will give them dodge penalty and you will find another match. Tired of players that say top, you pick an adc then last pick the pick another adc then says jajajaja I want bot now.

Another idea make a ****ing central american server for the ppl that dont speak Portuguese but dont know english as well! This ruins the game for american players 3-5 games there's someone that doesn't speak english.

SueyCareBear

02-01-2013

dont cry here about servers im from australia and our player base will destroy u for even saying america needs another server atleast u can play the dam game the way its meant to be played

RYP Jericho

02-01-2013

One thing I'm unsure about is relegation. Let's say I go on a tear and manage to get myself promoted out of my division. Is someone relegated down a division to replace me?

adc

02-01-2013

" I also like the idea of you will gain/lose LP(Elo) due to your personal K/D in that game vs having a toxic troll feeding the whole game. "

You have to give sources for outlandish claims like this. I can't remember once seeing this said anywhere, and it wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueyCareBear View Post
dont cry here about servers im from australia and our player base will destroy u for even saying america needs another server atleast u can play the dam game the way its meant to be played
This is stupid. I can say that Spanish speakers should get their own server because they can't communicate easily with English speakers (though I personally disagree) without disagreeing that it would be nice for Australian players to have their own server.

Femox

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
" I also like the idea of you will gain/lose LP(Elo) due to your personal K/D in that game vs having a toxic troll feeding the whole game. "

You have to give sources for outlandish claims like this. I can't remember once seeing this said anywhere, and it wouldn't make sense.

This is stupid. I can say that Spanish speakers should get their own server because they can't communicate easily with English speakers (though I personally disagree) without disagreeing that it would be nice for Australian players to have their own server.
I also would like to put forward and idea of having language select on all servers so that people can play with people who speak their own language rather than having people speaking all differant languages which could be confusing to the English speaking players.

I think it would be great for Australia to have their own servers! Sometimes us Australians find it hard to play in the conditions of a server from America, it's so far away and isn't nearly as quick to respond.

Boagster

02-01-2013

@Certified:
League Points aren't the equivalent of Elo. Matchmaking Rating is the (now hidden) equivalent of Elo. From the patch notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch 3.0.1 Notes
Elo ratings have been replaced by matchmaking ratings (MMR) which are no longer displayed
League Points are the new way to visibly progress in the new system, but they don't serve any other purpose that Elo did. Also, as AD Bottom pointed out: Where did you hear that your K/D/A is going to affect your league progress?

goldfinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I think it looks really neat, i'm very excite. Now if the servers were up on time :C

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

lolz u are misinformed my friend. you are still gonna play with the same level of players as u do now, and your gonna gain and lose points the exact same way you do now. the only thing that changes is now youll see a number between 0 and 100 with a division and league attached to it instead of a number between 0 and 2500 with a league attached to it.

R3dund4ncy

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertifiedRetard View Post
Another idea make a ****ing central american server for the ppl that dont speak Portuguese but dont know english as well! This ruins the game for american players 3-5 games there's someone that doesn't speak english.

I lived in Hamburg for the last 3 years of my degree, then fora few years of employment. My name is actually because I discovered LoL the evening after I became "redundant" from my first job .
Anyway, I learned to play on EU East with a ping of 15ms on peak. Do you have any idea how many languages are spoken across the major EURO countries? French, Polish, Danish, Swedish, German, Russian, Italian, Greek, Spanish, Albanian... and these are just the ones I remember people being able to speak in my LoL games. However, despite this huge variety, I don't recall any serious issues with language, and nor does it seem to be a real issue for either the EU East of West server.

What ruins games is having a ping which can sit anywhere between 220ms and 400ms at any given time, playing against Americans with average latency of 40ms or less.