How do you report a player outside of the LoL games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayemageyene

06-07-2012

How do you report a player without using the in-game function?

;D There's a player who decided to use offensive language and he waited until after the game to use the chat box so that the Tribunal couldn't see the after-game chat box.

Ayemageyene

06-07-2012

;D Bump.

XeltarX

06-07-2012

You don't, you don't have to stay for that...

SlugDC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Open a support ticket. Include any evidence (screenshots) you have.

Ayemageyene

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeltarX View Post
That's too bad you don't think so since it can be used to report. Chat rooms are apart of LoL and their player rules are still in place even if it's voluntary to stay. Nice try though.

Ayemageyene

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugDC View Post
Open a support ticket. Include any evidence (screenshots) you have.
Thank you!

Poeta Somnium

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeltarX View Post
He's actually right. While in-game you are what is known legally as a "captive audience." Meaning you cannot leave the game without penalty. You are in essence 'trapped' with your fellow players and verbal abuse for this reason cannot be allowed.

In the after game chat, you are no longer a captive audience, you can leave at any time. You cannot report someone for saying things that you had the option to avoid being exposed to.

Which isn't to say you can't supply a support ticket. I'm just looking at in terms of a 'freedom of speech' protocal as far as the written word goes. How that applies to the internet I can't be sure.

Ayemageyene

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
He's actually right. While in-game you are what is known legally as a "captive audience." Meaning you cannot leave the game without penalty. You are in essence 'trapped' with your fellow players and verbal abuse for this reason cannot be allowed.

In the after game chat, you are no longer a captive audience, you can leave at any time. You cannot report someone for saying things that you had the option to avoid being exposed to.

Which isn't to say you can't supply a support ticket. I'm just looking at in terms of a 'freedom of speech' protocal as far as the written word goes. How that applies to the internet I can't be sure.
Actually, within LoL, you've already accepted the player rules. Saying it's not reportable because you have a choice to leave or enter doesn't change the fact that what players do is still within LoL's domain of player rules. You're actually promoting toxic behavior and it's pretty obvious that would never be tolerated by Riot. Nice try. 1/10

SlugDC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post

You can also /ignore in-game if you don't want to see that chat, but that doesn't make it acceptable. Your ability to not see bad behavior does not excuse bad behavior. And Riot agrees, as they've stated many times.

TomyVicente4

02-02-2013

heeee