Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

losing more lp than gaining

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Blackness

02-02-2013

seems like more incentive to win, no?

TravagGames

02-02-2013

You only lose more then gain if ur under qualified for ur division

Black Blackness

02-02-2013

a lot of people seem to be unqualified, i went from #40 to #7 quite easily so idk why everyones having problems

XenoIith

02-02-2013

Quote:
Black Blackness:
seems like more incentive to win, no?
im pretty sure riot said its a glitch and they're working on a hotfix for it

rivnen

02-02-2013

more incentive to win doesn't help. trolls gonna troll.

People want to win anyway so they try there best and either win or loose.

Tbh I don't see why elo so vary, you should get X for a win no matter who against and loose X (being the same) for a loss... If you win more then lose you go up (simple math right?) if you lose more then win you go down! I know its incredible but you elo would change directly based on your W/L ratio.

The current elo system tries to determine that based off of the average "skill" of players on each team, but previously was pretty flawed, I guess we will see if that is still the case or not.

TravagGames

02-02-2013

Yes a lot of people are... Riot already made the new system shifted so that former Low tier gold got silver 1... If they wanted people to be overqualified they would have to put players down even further in divisions and tiers... Then people would gain more then lose. But imagine the rage of a former 1600 being put into silver 1

Irisaurus Rex

02-02-2013

@ dr sexy i'd be pretty mad lol
my top elo last season was 1980 and i was 1750 right b4 the patch and i got put in last spot in gold I :v
seems pretty accurate to me

i reckon ill be able to grind my way up to plat III with little problem and laugh at all the baddie gold players who really deserve to be in bronze