Retarded matchmaking and gain/loss of LP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DxXSkyXxD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Today played my first 3 ranked games since the new rank system. I logged on to find myself in Silver division 1 and was hyped about the new overall (in my opinion) better system. I won my first two games with a really good score and got +13 and +10 LP. However, on my third game and first loss, I lost ALL 23 LP I gained. Is this just me being unlucky and got teamed up with a bunch of noobs whos skill level weren't on par with their division? Or are we supposed to lose 2x more LP than we gain per game?

Yajin

02-02-2013

If we lose 2x what we win, we'd need better than a 66% win ratio to advance.

I can't imagine that's right... because it would be kind of ridiculous.

Armstice

02-02-2013

What everyone who has complained about this has failed to recognize is the reason this may have happened is most likely because you were qued against a team that statisticly you should have won against anyway. When you lose those games, even in old matchmaking you suffer a bigger penalty.

DxXSkyXxD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Then thats the fault of the ranking system. They shouldn't be matching people who aren't in the same tier together. Also i believe our team had just a few players who were one division higher (i lolking'd quite a few of my team member and some of the other team). That's like 50 elo higher for some players which should not have a 2x LP difference. At least for the old matching system, a similar team matchup (as a gold player duo with a 1300 elo friend) would only equal to -17 elo (in the worst case scenario, its usually -14) instead of -11 for a loss. As things are right now it's from -11 vs -24. Thats a HUGE difference.