@Yegg ~ Serious Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revelationz

02-02-2013

The serious question that needs addressed and has not yet to be is this, in the elo bracket we all knew that once we got past 1500 elo we would get the victorious skin for that season. Now that we are in this new League system, what division/tier do we need to get to in order to unlock the victorious skin for season 3? I asked CertainlyT but he told me to go higher up, are you the man that I need to go to?

I am just curious because I have not seen a single thread ask this question as of yet, or that a red has stated what we need to work to. I simply enjoyed playing ranked because I was working towards the goal of obtaining a skin, and not really wanting to go to challenger tier or anything like that.

Wards win games

02-02-2013

Good question! Nice change of pace from everything else on here >.>

Anyways; I could be wrong, but a similar division system was already in place through season 2.
see: http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...o-rating-tiers

I personally would say it's safe to assume they would run in the same manner.

Quote:
The Changes:

Season 2 rewards will be based on the highest rating you achieve between now and the end of the season. Once you’ve achieved a tier, you’ll have it for good, and playing more games can only help you out. In order to do this, we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating and will be using Top Rating to determine end-of-season reward tiers.
We’re adding a whole new tier! Diamond will be at the top and the other tiers have expanded so that everyone who becomes ranked will qualify for a tier and the corresponding rewards. Players who joined a team on or after September 1 will also need to win five games with that team in the appropriate queue (3v3 or 5v5) where they’d like to qualify for rewards.
We’ve upgraded the medal art on your summoner profile. At each new tier, you’ll unlock an awesome new medal.
Tiers will now be subdivided into rating “ranks”. These ranks inform you of how close you are to moving up to the next tier. Moving up a rank also enhances your summoner profile medal.
Here's a list of how rewards went out in S2,

The Rewards:

Bronze tier:

Bronze summoner icon for each queue (3v3 team, 5v5 solo, or 5v5 team) in which you are Bronze tier

Silver tier:

Silver border on the game loading screen
Silver summoner icon for each queue in which you are Silver tier

Gold tier:

War Hero Janna skin
Gold banner trim in summoner profile
Gold border on the game loading screen
Gold summoner icon for each queue in which you are Gold tier

Platinum tier:

Platinum forum badge
War Hero Janna skin
Platinum banner trim in summoner profile
Platinum border on the game loading screen
Platinum summoner icon for each queue in which you are Platinum tier

Diamond:

Diamond forum badge
War Hero Janna skin
Diamond banner trim in summoner profile
Diamond border on the game loading screen
Diamond summoner icon for each queue in which you are Diamond tier
The tiers are the same essentially for the average player (Challenger is ranked team que only), so I don't see any real reason they would change the format for at least the skins. Maybe some of the icons/borders/banners, but skins seem pretty standard. Again, I could be wrong, but there really was no change to support a change in prize model for various tiers.

There were side divisions already in place S2(linked up top!), they didn't utilize them for the skins then; I doubt they will now. Maybe extra goodies as something new based on division ? =O idea?! I think so!
This would also kind of explain 1 of what's probably many reasons they ultimately decided you can't fall out of a Tier once you're in.

But again, just my guess. Posted my reasoning for ya to reference for yourself =)

Revelationz

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenGaming View Post
Good question! Nice change of pace from everything else on here >.>

Anyways; I could be wrong, but a similar division system was already in place through season 2.
see: http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...o-rating-tiers

I personally would say it's safe to assume they would run in the same manner.

The tiers are the same essentially for the average player (Challenger is ranked team que only), so I don't see any real reason they would change the format for at least the skins. Maybe some of the icons/borders/banners, but skins seem pretty standard. Again, I could be wrong, but there really was no change to support a change in prize model for various tiers.

There were side divisions already in place S2(linked up top!), they didn't utilize them for the skins then; I doubt they will now. Maybe extra goodies as something new based on division ? =O idea?! I think so!
This would also kind of explain 1 of what's probably many reasons they ultimately decided you can't fall out of a Tier once you're in.

But again, just my guess. Posted my reasoning for ya to reference for yourself =)
Thanks )))

GoodJobDino

02-02-2013

So really once you're in a tier you can't fall out of it?

Delete Teemo

02-02-2013

unless you stop playing for extended amounts of time, no