Do you like the new ranking system?

Yes. 18 30.00%
No. 26 43.33%
I just miss the old Ranked system . 16 26.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone Miss ELO and the Old ranked system? (Poll)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

All In

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg Top View Post
You are using examples that have nothing to do with the topic.
You advertised Starbucks, but you really sold tea with your poll question.
Are you stupid?
Advertised what exactly? A thread question and a poll question are two different things. Can you not read and discern one from the other?

The title is to attract people to answer the poll question how do you not see that?
It's like seeing "Are you hungry? We serve burgers!" and going in expecting ONLY burgers without looking at the menu then getting confused when you see drinks.. (You being the dumbass in this scenario)

Stop replying before people keep down voting you for being the only one confused. Your mindset is linear and primitive.

Wards win games

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Joey View Post
How the hell did the poll question confuse you? It was certainly straight forward. Are you a person who goes to Wal-Mart looking to buy walls?
The question is not confusing. But you ask one question in your title; and another in your poll. It is misleading to the reader, whom looks forward to your post! Why else would they click it!

Anywho, more on topic.

I am one of the few, who have tested the system exclusively on the PBE since they tossed it up. First day on live since was today, cept for maybe an hour or two while the PBE was offline.

Even the quality of my PBE games improved after I got over the initial learning-curve of understanding how the system works; and the general consensus by many is that PBE games are comparable to sub 1k ELO on live, at any rating on there. (Not true, but that's for another topic, things have been awesome lately; check them out sometime!)

Those first 15 or so games aren't really to much to worry about. OFC they matter, but the system is very quick to bring you back up to your skill level after it is able to collect enough game history to make an accurate assumption of your skill.

That 25+ lp reduction per loss will decline and decline as you win more games, and the amount that you gain per win will also increase with successful win streaks. You also get a grace period for screw ups after every promotion, so you don't stand the chance of being immediately dropped back when you do progress.

But this is just one mans opinion. Continue on.

All In

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarePoliceLoL View Post
Because YES I miss the old elo system so my answer to your thread question is YES but my answer to your poll question is NO I don't like the new ranking system.

So I can accidentally assume that the question in your poll is the same as in thread title, which is true for 99,99% of polls in GD but somehow not for your poll.
I see the point but I don't think you were "confused" probably just "surprised" to see that the poll question differed from the normal routine here on the forums.

I thought you literally meant you were confused as if the poll question was complex hahah

SublimeIbanez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

All In

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeIbanez View Post
Bumped your thread and upvoted.