A champion with potential?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

Junior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephringael View Post
Urgot is still an extremely dangerous pick. He can even top lane against the right opponents "Oh you picked Darius? Lol, thats funny."

As Urgot, armor pen makes his Q hurt like hell. E can grant bush vision. he gets a huge damage boost after completing a Manamune, which causes enemies to underestimate him for an easily kill here and there. His W is a decent shield which makes his auto attacks and his Q slow the enemy.

If the enemy wants to dive you, and attacks you once. They just got held in place for a second or two, and swapped to the other side of the turret. Throw up your shield, and E, and hey look! Free kill!

His damage does drop off late game against the tankier opponents, but he still shreds squishies, and by that point brings enough utility to make up for it.

He also has a decently high skill cap.

All in all, he is fun and effective, but he is still a niche pick, and as such, he isn't always the 'right' choice for a given situation.
I had never considered Urgot, that's an interesting one. I'm not overly familiar with the specifics of Urgot so I'll look him up and think about it. Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindBlazemaster

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Syndra is great and not too popular in lower level games, Viktor also is really strong if used correctly even with a lesser late game (but lets be honest, most games u dont get a full 6 item build so who cares), Orianna is not what she used to be but still pretty good mid and late game in my opinion. These are clearly all mids.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pornstarq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Draven and twitch!!!!!!!!!!!
Dominates lane and with good protection does incredible damage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

Junior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaxie View Post
Syndra is great and not too popular in lower level games, Viktor also is really strong if used correctly even with a lesser late game (but lets be honest, most games u dont get a full 6 item build so who cares), Orianna is not what she used to be but still pretty good mid and late game in my opinion. These are clearly all mids.
I've heard that Syndra is quite powerful and saw first hand evidence of that when I was demolished in lane by the only Syndra I've ever seen. Had no idea what to expect from versing one and they obviously knew what they were doing. O_O An interesting champ, one that I'll consider.
I feel like it'd take me a while to get used to aiming Viktor's deathray and I'd have a lot of love/hate moments with it while learning lol.
Played Orianna before, whilst she's an interesting champion to play, I felt like she really lacked damage output compared to other mids.

To Draven/Twitch, I do have Draven and he is quite fun. He was the first ADC I ever picked up and properly played(I don't think failing with Graves as my first ever champion I played on League counts :P). I've played Twitch because I thought he'd be interesting but I was probably doing something wrong because I didn't feel he was that strong compared to other ADCs.

Thanks for the replies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freerfs

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Thresh is a high skill cap champ and has tons of potential. Jayce and Elise weren't too popular either when they where released until months later. People haven't figured him out yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

Junior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerfs View Post
Thresh is a high skill cap champ and has tons of potential. Jayce and Elise weren't too popular either when they where released until months later. People haven't figured him out yet.
Thresh does indeed look interesting but I'm not overly interested in support(I normally play matches by myself with randoms so I don't like having to rely on the ADC to know what he/she is doing.

I play Elise quite a lot, definitely one of my favourite champions, I've seen only about two other people play Elise tbh. Is Jayce still strong after all those changes that were made to him? I used to see him around somewhat often before that happened but now almost never.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptnJakSparrow

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Galio, Udyr, Trundle,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MorganFreemanBot

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Hecarim.

He's a team-fight specialist who's as tough as a tank but does as much damage as a bruiser. He's got one of the best engagement / chase down tools in the game, he's easy to disengage and gank with, absolutely insane damage in team fights, and a mixture of damage which allows you to not become useless with the stacking of any particular stat.

He also, unlike Skarner (who I absolutely love, by the way) didn't get the **** kicked out of him through itemization nerfs and is not easy to kite for days.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

Junior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogranfreeman View Post
Hecarim.

He's a team-fight specialist who's as tough as a tank but does as much damage as a bruiser. He's got one of the best engagement / chase down tools in the game, he's easy to disengage and gank with, absolutely insane damage in team fights, and a mixture of damage which allows you to not become useless with the stacking of any particular stat.

He also, unlike Skarner (who I absolutely love, by the way) didn't get the **** kicked out of him through itemization nerfs and is not easy to kite for days.
Often thought about Hec. I've seen some pretty good Hecarim players. Certainly one that I'll also consider, thanks.


As for Galio/Udyr/Trundle:
-Trundle; of the few people I've seen play this guy, none of them did too well so I'm not too sure what to think of him, if he actually can be quite good or not.
-Udyr.. seen some people do alright with him but I just personally feel like he's not my type of champion
-Galio; can certainly be very useful with his ult and other abilities, I'll think on that one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zork990

Member

02-07-2013

ww, morde and yorick


12